Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Driftingmouse
May 26, 2021

by Fritz the Horse
https://www.animationmagazine.net/people/passings/duckman-creator-everett-peck-dies-age-71/

RIP Everett Peck, Creator of the Duckman cartoon and The Critic Cartoon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

X JAKK
Sep 1, 2000

We eat the pig then together we BURN

Hunter Biden
Feb 24, 2022
that sucks

givepatajob
Apr 8, 2003

One finds that this is the best of all possible worlds.

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

:therapy:

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
I don;t belive in Duckman.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p554R-Jq43A

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
And driving, and shopping, and eating, and working? Somewhere, somehow, they all got chewed up and spit back out. They don't taste like living anymore! Don't you see what it's like in this deranged whirring blender of a world? Every day is an agonizing ordeal, like balancing a pot of scalding water on your head while people whip your legs and butt! ...Aaaah, you never forget your senior prom... You think I'm "sick"?! Well the only disease I've got is "Modern Life," a schnutbusting gauntlet of inefficiency and misery that's one long parade of let-downs, put-downs, trickle downs, shutouts, freeze outs, sell-outs, numnuts, nincompoops and nimrods, all making every day as much fun as waxing a flaming Pontiac with your tongue, where even if you do luck into the possibility of some fleeting pleasure, like, say, if some nymphomaniac telephone operator with the muscle control of Romanian mat-slappers agree to a little strip air hockey, it'll be over before it starts, 'cuz some vowel-lacking, feta-reeking cab-jockey slams his checker up your hatchback and the cab is owned by some pinata spanker from a Santeria cult in Xoacalpa who starts shaking chicken bones at ya and gives you a boil on your neck so big, all it needs is Michael Jordan's autograph to make it complete! And even with all this, with ALL THIS, I still drag my sorry butt off the Sealy every morning and stick my face in the reaping machine for one more day, KNOWING when it's time to flash the cosmic card key at those pearly gates, I won't be in the coffin anyway 'cuz some underhanded undertaker sold my heart, pancreas and other assorted Good 'N' Plenty to that same Santeria cult! So does ANYBODY really wonder why ANYBODY is hanging onto sanity by the atoms on the tips of their fingernails while life dirty-dances on their digits, and is it really any wonder that I seem DERANGED??!!

mst4k
Apr 18, 2003

budlitemolaram

That sucks, Duckman was cool and different in like 1995 or whenever

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Very funny cartoon. :rip:

kntfkr posted:

And driving, and shopping, and eating, and working? Somewhere, somehow, they all got chewed up and spit back out. They don't taste like living anymore! Don't you see what it's like in this deranged whirring blender of a world? Every day is an agonizing ordeal, like balancing a pot of scalding water on your head while people whip your legs and butt! ...Aaaah, you never forget your senior prom... You think I'm "sick"?! Well the only disease I've got is "Modern Life," a schnutbusting gauntlet of inefficiency and misery that's one long parade of let-downs, put-downs, trickle downs, shutouts, freeze outs, sell-outs, numnuts, nincompoops and nimrods, all making every day as much fun as waxing a flaming Pontiac with your tongue, where even if you do luck into the possibility of some fleeting pleasure, like, say, if some nymphomaniac telephone operator with the muscle control of Romanian mat-slappers agree to a little strip air hockey, it'll be over before it starts, 'cuz some vowel-lacking, feta-reeking cab-jockey slams his checker up your hatchback and the cab is owned by some pinata spanker from a Santeria cult in Xoacalpa who starts shaking chicken bones at ya and gives you a boil on your neck so big, all it needs is Michael Jordan's autograph to make it complete! And even with all this, with ALL THIS, I still drag my sorry butt off the Sealy every morning and stick my face in the reaping machine for one more day, KNOWING when it's time to flash the cosmic card key at those pearly gates, I won't be in the coffin anyway 'cuz some underhanded undertaker sold my heart, pancreas and other assorted Good 'N' Plenty to that same Santeria cult! So does ANYBODY really wonder why ANYBODY is hanging onto sanity by the atoms on the tips of their fingernails while life dirty-dances on their digits, and is it really any wonder that I seem DERANGED??!!

:same:

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
fuckman

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Chinatown posted:

gently caress, man :(

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Maybe he should have ducked

Lascivious Sloth
Apr 26, 2008

by sebmojo

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

we will all not value him together.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wc6e_lF_xWE

RIP

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

Don't look at the sun, but rather what it illuminates
College Slice
At least his duck will live on

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

monarch of the sleeping marches
I never watched Duckman because it was on at like 11pm but I watched the poo poo out of the Critic (and it's probably the more famous show)

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost
Were the twins in that show two different people, or one body and two heads. I honestly can't remember

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

Were the twins in that show two different people, or one body and two heads. I honestly can't remember

its two heads one body, charles and mambo

Legin Noslen
Sep 9, 2004
Fortified with Rhiboflavin
My aunt choked and died from laughing while eating watching Duckman. RIP guy that killed my aunt also RIP my aunt I guess

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

RIP good show creator guy, The Critic was way underrated and Duckman was the only show that made Klasky-Csupo's hideous animation style tolerable.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RVatXN5YYbY

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

I got Duckman on DVD. Duckman is great. The Critic is great. Someone else should have died instead.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

The Human Crouton posted:

I got Duckman on DVD. Duckman is great. The Critic is great. Someone else should have died instead.

Jason Alexander didn't die.

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

You're quite good at turning me on.

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

Jason Alexander didn't die.

...but his career did! :dadjoke:

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Cacator posted:

...but his career did! :dadjoke:

well that one I can't really argue with

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

Nilknarf!

:smith:

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

that was almost something funny

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

that was almost something funny

Nilknarf!

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

narf.

runnypoops
Mar 26, 2016

been there. done that. prove yourself to me.

lmao drat i gotta watch duckman

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

gently caress,men.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
George is getting distressed!

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

I felt mature and sophisticated as a young teen because I was staying up to almost midnight to watch a slightly naughty cartoon.

Katey Sagal played Duckman's mom, one of the bits that stuck with me over the years.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ndIdj_JIvAI

Cable Guy
Jul 18, 2005

I don't expect any trouble, but we'll be handing these out later...

Slippery Tilde
I just hope that wherever Duckman has gone, it's not the same place as Errol Flynn...

runnypoops
Mar 26, 2016

been there. done that. prove yourself to me.
12 year old me used to watch this show while absentmindly stroking my penis in the hopes ADULT animation meant i'd get to see some cartoon duck titties.

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

My favorite Duckman joke was when Duckman was watching TV, and the announcer said "We interrupt USA's normal schedule of Wings, Wings, Wings, and Wings to bring you this special presentation."

Duckman was on the USA Network, and USA played almost nothing but Wings. It was a cheap, funny dig at their own network.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

runnypoops posted:

12 year old me used to watch this show while absentmindly stroking my penis in the hopes ADULT animation meant i'd get to see some cartoon duck titties.

lol wow

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem
Don't know much about that guy, but I have good memories of Duckman when I watched it late at night in the late nineties. Never seen it again after that and it does not seem to be available on any streaming services. Sad.

That's Duckdog.