Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Pit Bulls are predisposed to violence because they were literally bred to be pit fighters, so they tend to become violent a lot easier than most breeds if you mistreat them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

Ugly dogs. Ugly dogs are worthless. Why? Because who wants to look at an ugly dog? Ugly people who already have to see ugly every day.

This is a well researched and anecdotally supported scientific opinion.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
they do have kind of a snake face that signals danger to our primate brains which probably contributes to all the problems

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Here in kiwiland where it's illegal to bring in pit bulls the "scary" breed are Staffordshire Bull Terriers who are far smaller and (I think) have far aggression bred into them but do still have the bull terrier bite power and even if they're smaller they have a lot of muscle packed into a stocky frame so they're a "macho" breed or whatever so lovely owners who cannot train their dogs properly result in dog attacks. Imo there should just be a lot more oversight in who is allowed to get dogs.

With decent owners staffies are just snuggly smiley idiots, but I don't know enough to say whether pit bulls are the same.

Kharnifex
Sep 11, 2001

The Banter is better in AusGBS
In Australia pit bulls get renamed to American staffys to get around them being illegal breeds

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Pibbles

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

The only dogs that shouldn't exist are those hosed up dogs without snouts who can't breathe right because they have no snouts. Stop loving breeding them.

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
A few people in my neighborhood have pit bulls. They keep them tied up in front of their house all day, and they bark at every single god drat thing that walks by them, followed by the owner yelling "SHUT THE gently caress UP" from inside the house. One of them would occasionally break off it's leash and chase cars.

Sad story:
Had a friend who's sister loved pit bulls. She was of the "pibbies are the sweetest dogs ever!" owner variety. One day one of her pit bulls got loose, mauled her, and killed a kid she was babysitting for a friend. Why the hell you would leave your kid with someone who owned pitbulls is beyond me

So, I don't think people should own pit bulls.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
I do love puts but am 95% on board to dismantle dog breeding. 5% being working breeds because holy poo poo, border collies are reliably and instinctually good at their jobs.

jazzyhattrick
Jul 1, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Spay and neuter pitbull owners imo.

Kullik
Jan 5, 2017

My brother had a staffy and he was such a good lil guy, I'm usually really afraid of dogs but bouncer was just a big soft cuddly teddy bear he was lovely

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022

Good soup! posted:

Love dogs but pit bulls suck rear end

I love rear end but pit bulls suck dogs

EA Sports
Feb 10, 2007

by Azathoth
https://files.catbox.moe/c3djlq.mp4

les enfants Terrific!
Dec 12, 2008
Some of the best dogs I've worked with have been pitbulls. Granted, the owners also gave enough of a gently caress to board them or bring them to the vet. I have also seen a pitbull so bad that they had to pull out the rabies pole just to do an exam.

Vets joke about pitbulls eating babies, too.

In conclusion, pitbulls are a breed of contrasts.

Lascivious Sloth
Apr 26, 2008

by sebmojo
Every other dog > pit bulls > Humans > cats > bichon/Maltese > chihuahuas > OP

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

out of all the dogs you could choose from, why would you choose those ugly lumpy jaw monsters anyway?

les enfants Terrific!
Dec 12, 2008
I will say that the dogs who've given me the most grief are lovely little purse bitch dogs and doodles but when a pitbull is bad it's BAD

in theory I like the funny little land sharks because they're goofy and usually mostly decent but yeah they should not be bred anymore, much like many other breeds

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

les enfants Terrific! posted:

I will say that the dogs who've given me the most grief are lovely little purse bitch dogs and doodles but when a pitbull is bad it's BAD

in theory I like the funny little land sharks because they're goofy and usually mostly decent but yeah they should not be bred anymore, much like many other breeds

Part of my job involves filing injury reports from dog bites. The most common bites I see are chihuahuas, poodles, and other small dogs. And it's always the owner saying "Oh don't worry, they love seeing new people!"

But yeah, pitbull bites are always the worst. 99% of the time the worst thing you'll need from another dog bite is some stiches, but one guy had to go in for surgery after a pitbull bite because he lost a ton of blood.

Not saying they're all bad dogs or anything, but a bite will gently caress you up pretty badly.

Lascivious Sloth
Apr 26, 2008

by sebmojo

A Fancy Hat posted:

Part of my job involves filing injury reports from dog bites. The most common bites I see are chihuahuas, poodles, and other small dogs. And it's always the owner saying "Oh don't worry, they love seeing new people!"

But yeah, pitbull bites are always the worst. 99% of the time the worst thing you'll need from another dog bite is some stiches, but one guy had to go in for surgery after a pitbull bite because he lost a ton of blood.

Not saying they're all bad dogs or anything, but a bite will gently caress you up pretty badly.

That's because if a pit bull attacks you you're not filing an injury report, you're dead lmao

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

Lascivious Sloth posted:

That's because if a pit bull attacks you you're not filing an injury report, you're dead lmao

It's a brilliant strategy to make them look less dangerous than they are, can't file an injury report if you're dead (points at galaxy dog brain).

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Yaldabaoth posted:

It's a brilliant strategy to make them look less dangerous than they are, can't file an injury report if you're dead (points at galaxy dog brain).

this is called pit bull bias

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

I heard an NPR report like a year or two ago about how the movement to ban pit bulls was racist because black people own them disproportionately and they’re guard dogs for them

I say this as a half black person, NPR loving sucks

Lascivious Sloth
Apr 26, 2008

by sebmojo

AHH F/UGH posted:

I heard an NPR report like a year or two ago about how the movement to ban pit bulls was racist because black people own them disproportionately and they’re guard dogs for them

I say this as a half black person, NPR loving sucks

Is Pitbull black?

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

Dalè

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

What’s truly the worst dog, the pitbull who kills one person once or the little rat dog rear end in a top hat who annoys me specifically every morning? The choice is simple. No more rat dogs.

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Un2D-2E_LAE

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

The government should assemble some sort of squad that goes door to door euthanizing them tbqh

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Lascivious Sloth
Apr 26, 2008

by sebmojo

EL BROMANCE posted:

What’s truly the worst dog, the pitbull who kills one person once or the little rat dog rear end in a top hat who annoys me specifically every morning? The choice is simple. No more rat dogs.

anonymously call the police and say your neighbor has a drug den so they get SWATed and kill the dog and probably owner too. hth

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!

The Moon Monster posted:

The government should assemble some sort of squad that goes door to door euthanizing them tbqh

I think these are just called "police"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Ok I think that's quite enough pet killing talk