Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Twigand Berries
Sep 7, 2008

TIP posted:

there is a thematic link with my middle name but no one has ever picked up on it

is it Dick?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009
OP, remember when you made your first thread and it was real lame? Then you were given that dancing Lamia avatar, and suddenly you were the toast of the forum?

I think you know what your new legal name should be if you want to be popular on the internet.

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

Call me Bander Van Total Power

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Blurry Gray Thing posted:

OP, remember when you made your first thread and it was real lame? Then you were given that dancing Lamia avatar, and suddenly you were the toast of the forum?

I think you know what your new legal name should be if you want to be popular on the internet.

More like Danzig Labia

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

teen witch posted:

E: there is one thing I’d heavily advise instilling. Sometimes I’ll get “oh [name] is too hard to say, can I call you x?”. Unless there is a physical reason as to why someone can’t say your name correctly (and I’ve yet to come across one), don’t let anyone weasel out of learning a name. It might take practice, there might be mistakes and that’s fine, but learning someone’s name is the most basic form of human respect. Everyone is deserving of being called by their name.
Yet another reason to feel bad for
X Æ A-12 Musk

Deep Glove Bruno
Sep 4, 2015

yung swamp thang
don't need tips (except tip's tip) on my kid's name, it's too late, but some further info
a) the weirder name is easy to spell and say, it's literally two letters, and is a real name not made up
b) the name that contains it is easy too and maybe more familiar to english speakers but still pretty uncommon anyway
c) both myself and partner have uncommon names (though mine's become less so since i was born, which i find annoying) and like that we do. they are simple though so that was a criterion for the kid's
d) we don't live in a place where fitting in would really apply to names. london is full of far flung names from far flung places. i can imagine different elsewhere though

anyway thanks tip. I've always found that people in your life only have to react to your name aesthetically once, and then they know you, and the name just means you and is neutral. so OP go for it if you want and people will roll with it.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

MyChemicalImbalance posted:

Yeah I'm totally owned by liking how I was born.

E: when I change my name I'm referring to that list of japanese video game baseball players, today I'm Bobson Dugnutt, next week I might be Mike Truk.

For the past week "Sleve MacDichael" has been popping into my head at random times.

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

mergatroid

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer
Hot Rod

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Todd Bonzalez

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Jeff

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug
Mods can't change your real name op, you'll have to ask a government official to do that and maybe pay a little extra under the table to get a good one

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Mooey Cow posted:

Mods can't change your real name op, you'll have to ask a government official to do that and maybe pay a little extra under the table to get a good one

True but most jurisdictions won't let you be named Bunghole Dickblaster

Miss Broccoli
May 1, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

roomtone posted:

I've never known anybody who did it though, apart from marriage reasons. I suppose trans people do it all the time. Those are 'real' reasons, though. I just think my name is sort of crappy. First name is dirt common where I live, there are always about 4 or 5 guys with the same name in any group of 20. Second name is constantly mispronounced. I always think my name might as well be 'just some loving guy from around here'.

Not an obviously made up name, although I can't believe it took me until today to realise how many movie stars have fake names. I knew Nicolas Cage was made up, cos of course it is, but I didn't know Whoopi Goldberg was made up. Loads of them do it. I'd like to come up with a better name that does some work for me.

you ever known anybody who did this?

my cis ex changed her name just cause she wanted to

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

The Bloop posted:

True but most jurisdictions won't let you be named Bunghole Dickblaster

america with their ridiculous rules again. "home of teh free" they say :rolleyes:

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

Poohs Packin posted:

Mr. Muthafuckin Exsquire

dont forget the muthafuckin

without that its nothin

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

Willy the Snitch

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Im actually kinda proud that we've had some actual real discussion about the nature of names and this thread hasn't spiralled into a vulgar contest of goons suggesting worse and worse names.

Poop McNally, as an example

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Rand McNupples

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Quanterious Messerschmidt

MyChemicalImbalance
Sep 15, 2007

Keep on smilin'

:unsmith:
Isambard Kingdom Poonel

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Sanctimoivous Buealvavord Johnson.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Queefus Beefus O'Malley

Flowers for QAnon
May 20, 2019

My name “Sounding Rod” has my urologist asking questions, already answered by my name

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

King Anderson Son of The Sun

Bigal Tanhide the 3rd

Blug Morrison

Lipper "Great Tipper" Johnson

Vanton Whipper

Roy "The Boy" Bumblewalt

Jazz Cranker

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Flowers for QAnon posted:

My name “Sounding Rod” has my urologist asking questions, already answered by my name

I would have chosen Rodd Sounding, it sounds cooler you can change it again if you like it I'm not using it.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
I had my name changed when i was a kid because my abusive shitbird father named me after himself

As soon as he got merked, i wanted to change my name and have nothing to do with his name

I got to stamp the name change form at the notary office, that was cool

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

rotinaj posted:

I had my name changed when i was a kid because my abusive shitbird father named me after himself

As soon as he got merked, i wanted to change my name and have nothing to do with his name

I got to stamp the name change form at the notary office, that was cool

Hell yeah

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Cum Gutters

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

Yeah?

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009