Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

The REAL Goobusters posted:

I think you’re insane op

plz don't post interesting interpretations in here, we're begging

e: lol the worst snype in history

anyway I'm glad the backlash to this movie has died off since it's a pretty good sequel to what was a really good sequel, which never happens. The slamming between sadness and comedy reminds me a bit of what you can see in Korean movies. The juxtaposition of the ramshackle vaudivillian funeral in the Host, for example.

Maybe it's a foreign thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

BiggestBatman posted:

dont you see, Christian Pale was taking revenge for the death of that sweet child of his

Don’t forget Thor’s sweet child soldiers too

It’s a pretty apt song

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

kanonvandekempen posted:

Thor 3 was 70s psychedelic rock, Thor 4 was 80s hard rock, Thor 5 will be whatever is iconic for the 90s, grunge, boys bands or 90s hip hop. With any luck we'll get to Thor 7 or 8 and get the Kpop Thor movie we've all been waiting for. But before that we'll have to suffer through Thor 6, the Nu Metal one though.

Please let Kpop Thor be based on Big Bang. It would own.

garycoleisgod
Sep 27, 2004
Boo
I don't think there is a problem with a movie having GNR or any specific band, in it, but they have to have the right songs chosen for the right bits, and imo, they didn't. Stranger Things ain't great imo, but they chose the right point to drop Master of Puppets in.

On the other hand, Thor 4 didn't even have the best use of Welcome to the Jungle in a superhero film.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sBbN4Cjzyrw

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Vintersorg posted:

Should be able to dig a bit deeper than loving Guns N Roses. There's a thousand and one metal bands you could get from the 80s alone.

I disagree. If you listen to any Zack Snyder commentary the dude is like “oh yeah we did this because it was cool” and he’s right. It is cool.

Sometimes being cool is good. There’s nothing wrong with the guns and roses stuff. It’s TW’s film and that music is important to him. That wasn’t the problem with the movie.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Shageletic posted:

anyway I'm glad the backlash to this movie has died off

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Lol

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!
Just started watching this on Disney+ and I’m confused why the hammer is broken at the beginning of the movie. I thought that it was repaired in Endgame because Thor/Capt was using it.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Boris Galerkin posted:

Just started watching this on Disney+ and I’m confused why the hammer is broken at the beginning of the movie. I thought that it was repaired in Endgame because Thor/Capt was using it.

Thor 'borrows' an intact hammer when they time travel to gather the stones. The broken one is his original hammer from Ragnarok

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!

Away all Goats posted:

Thor 'borrows' an intact hammer when they time travel to gather the stones. The broken one is his original hammer from Ragnarok

Oh right. What happened to the borrower hammer then? Did Steve return it when it went back to return the other poo poo?

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

If you see something suspicious, bomb it!

Boris Galerkin posted:

Oh right. What happened to the borrower hammer then? Did Steve return it when it went back to return the other poo poo?

Yup exactly.

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM
Taika is basically Self Indulgence: The Person

Now I want next Thor to be entirely scored by Flight of the Conchords.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

AlternateAccount posted:

Taika is basically Self Indulgence: The Person

Now I want next Thor to be entirely scored by Flight of the Conchords.

This would be the best idea ever. I wanna Thor get busy to Business Time and do battle against the Hiphopopotamus and Rhymenoceros. They've already had their swears switched to family-friendly mother-flippin'.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

All this time I thought Waititi had written both films but I was wrong.

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

This movie is extremely meh and I’m glad I’m leeching off of a friend’s Disney+ sub because I’d feel cheated out of money if I paid to watch it.

zer0spunk
Nov 6, 2000

devil never even lived
thor 3 was one of a handful of marvel stuff i liked, so this one was especially wack.

that said, make 2 hour or less superhero movies the standard again. almost like they knew how poo poo this was and took mercy on us

and whatever movie christian bale thought he was in, can i see that?

mexi
Mar 17, 2003

Time to call it a night.
Watching Master and Commander made me feel that Russell Crowe would have made a mighty Thor

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
Thive