Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Truthkeeper
Nov 29, 2010

Friends don't let friends borrow on credit.

Blueberry Pancakes posted:

Lana said something to that effect when you meet her the first time and present your badge to her.

Yeah, but that was her being depressed and suggesting that the gold finish represents optimism and honesty, rather than being a greenhorn.

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

Though one I've been wondering about is the police badge, which looks like either a claw machine or a person holding it up. Is that from anything? We see it on a couple of characters; here's a shot where you can see it on Jake from the same update:

It amuses me that you used a shot of Marshall, rather than Gant, given that Gant loves his badge so much he wears one in his tie and 4 more as coat buttons.

As for what the hell it's supposed to be, your guess is as good as mine.

I've seen claims that it's supposed to be a take on the logo from the National Police Agency badge, but I have my doubts. This is pretty clearly what the detective's badge is based on, but even in the world of low-res GBA graphics, I don't think there's much similarity between the NPA logo and the police emblem.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
e: oh, I very deliberately chose to snub Gant, but yeah, I agree that I don't think it's that, given how faithful the other badges are

Mindopali posted:

Is it a bad thing that I can't distinguish which ones are for lawyers and which one for cheese enthusiasts?

I think top right is the cheese one?

Bottom right says Comrade of Cheese, but that is obviously the motto of the association of Certified Public Accountants, which, respect.

SimplyUnknown1
Aug 18, 2017

Cat Cat Cat

Mindopali posted:

Is it a bad thing that I can't distinguish which ones are for lawyers and which one for cheese enthusiasts?

I'm going to take a wild guess and say the one on the bottom right that reads "Comrade of Cheese" is one for the cheese enthusiasts.

Dirk the Average
Feb 7, 2012

"This may have been a mistake."

SimplyUnknown1 posted:

I'm going to take a wild guess and say the one on the bottom right that reads "Comrade of Cheese" is one for the cheese enthusiasts.

Except that that one has a sausage, which means it's for sausage enthusiasts who support the cheese enthusiasts with delicious meat and cheese based spreads. The cheese enthusiasts are elsewhere in the list.

fatsleepycat
Oct 2, 2021

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

Though one I've been wondering about is the police badge, which looks like either a claw machine or a person holding it up. Is that from anything? We see it on a couple of characters; here's a shot where you can see it on Jake from the same update:

Oh lol I always thought that was a cowboy hat lapel pin because he's Jake Marshall. I never noticed Gant had the same one...

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Truthkeeper posted:

As long as we're on the subject of the badge...

IT'S REAL?! :O

Oblivion4568238
Oct 10, 2012

The Inquisition.
What a show.
The Inquisition.
Here. We. Go.
College Slice

Truthkeeper posted:

As long as we're on the subject of the badge...

You've done it. You've presented the badge, now "...!" can rest in peace.

whitehelm
Apr 20, 2008

Truthkeeper posted:

Yeah, but that was her being depressed and suggesting that the gold finish represents optimism and honesty, rather than being a greenhorn.

It amuses me that you used a shot of Marshall, rather than Gant, given that Gant loves his badge so much he wears one in his tie and 4 more as coat buttons.

As for what the hell it's supposed to be, your guess is as good as mine.

I've seen claims that it's supposed to be a take on the logo from the National Police Agency badge, but I have my doubts. This is pretty clearly what the detective's badge is based on, but even in the world of low-res GBA graphics, I don't think there's much similarity between the NPA logo and the police emblem.

Bruce Goodman's wallet in the DS version had a very detailed version of the badge so you can see what it's supposed to be.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truthkeeper
Nov 29, 2010

Friends don't let friends borrow on credit.

whitehelm posted:

Bruce Goodman's wallet in the DS version had a very detailed version of the badge so you can see what it's supposed to be.

I said that, yes. The detective badge is pretty clearly based on the NPA emblem, I just don't think the generic police one is.