Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AxGrap
Jan 11, 2005

☝☯ Ŧ𝓤𝒸Ҝ 𝓨𝕠𝔲! 🐼👽
It was important to my wife so I did it. Felt dirty but shook it off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

Uglycat posted:

I voted for Biden.

I abstained in '16, first (and only) time in my adult life.

For the record, I voted for Bush in 2000, badnarik is 2004, was going to vote Dr. No in the 2008 gop primaries, but instead registered dem and voted against hilary in the primaries (I had fallen for the vast right wing conspiracy's hilary hate machine, probably because she hated on vidja games and is also loathsome). I voted enthusiastically for Obama in Nov '08, and again in '12.

I voted Biden last November.

In Indiana.

gently caress Trump, and gently caress accelerationism.

E: I guess, to be more nuanced... I am an anarchist (I don't believe in Legitimacy, such that one has a moral duty to obey, and I believe good governance can be achieved through cooperation alone - Cops suck, etc), and I was at Standing Rock in the months surrounding the 16 election.

I was disillusioned and disaffected. I was convinced we were poisoning the planet beyond repair, that human extinction is likely to quickly follow, and that we must immediately restructure civilization itself a decade ago if we want to a oid extinction in coming decades.

Real doom-pilled, yknow?

Mueller mentions at some point that the other IRA spent significant resources doom-pilling 4chan in the years leading to that election.

Anyhow, I felt like an accelerationist approach might be the best path for humanity.

And didn't believe in electoralism. See, I was a huge Bernie guy. Right on the border of Indiana and Michigan. Yall know that story.

Anyhow, hope is gone. All is lost. gently caress fascism.

lmao

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.
tbf to this fellow who seems to regret campaigning against hillary, biden is the accelerationist candidate and I think it's high time he gets the credit for it.

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

Uglycat posted:

I am an anarchist

checks out

erosion
Dec 21, 2002

It's true and I'm tired of pretending it isn't
don't blame me, I forgot to vote

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
nope

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
my ballot got stuck in one of the stacks of bills i regularly sweep into the trash

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

indigi posted:

as someone engaged with my union I do not believe this at all. Dem appointments are also hostile to labor and gently caress with unions in lots of petty ways. the GOP might accidentally appoint someone too incompetent to stymie unions over an important point, whereas the Dems would never make that type of mistake

the heads and appointments slightly lean towards favoring labor but Dems are completely incapable of countering republican admin cuts to bodies like the NLRB (bc they like the cuts and voted for them in the first place) so it's still a deeply understaffed and underfunded organization that will look at a 18 month campaign by Starbucks to completely ignore every single unionized store on the country and write them a sternly worded letter disapproving of their actions after a year deliberation. It's a useless org that was always built to stymie the natural, shop floor impetus of direct action that usually galvanizes organizational campaigns.