Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Great pape. Such a distinctly different feeling from AEW while still big and important. Really want a TV show now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i want them to tour every other weekend and for every show to be sold as a dvd 2-3 months down the line and rely on a poker tips website for which dvds i should and shouldnt skip, the way god intended.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

MassRafTer posted:

One other note, the bell shot was so loving loud live. Just incredible.

I missed the ring shot because i was looking at dax watching him crawl wondering if he was gonna land in my lap

But holy moly it was loud

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

STONE COLD 64 posted:

i want them to tour every other weekend and for every show to be sold as a dvd 2-3 months down the line and rely on a poker tips website for which dvds i should and shouldnt skip, the way god intended.

Also the audio quality on the DVD menus has to be just loving atrocious and blow out all the levels. :hmmyes:

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Man this pape was so good and I’m glad i went

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

This is only the second live show I’ve been to

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

MassRafTer posted:

The rest of the show speaks for itself but I can't believe how good Joe/Lethal was. The crowd was so into Joe and so into it after he kicked out of the Lethal Injection (burying Cody in the process) with people jumping up and down at points after that. Me included. What a match.

Lethal teasing the muscle buster :allears:

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
FTR is awesome, wrestling is awesome, life is great

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

I watched the skin rip off dax’s chest :stonk:

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
From the angle of those videos, I'm positive I saw MRT on camera at one point, I have to go back and try to find it again.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

That was a good show. Not all the matches hit for me, but enough did that it was a very good time and definitely worth my 19,99.

- The World Title match was a bit too quick but fun. I wonder if the result of that match says something about Gresham's future in RoH?

- I love that Dalton Castle and the Boys are faces and popular with the crowd. It's pretty god drat cool considering some promotions were doing "gay = comedy yuck heels" things very recently. The match itself had some fun spots, but the Poundland Wyatt Family team didn't do anything for me.

- The Pure match was very good.

- The women's match was good, but for some reason I just couldn't get into it.

- I'm not a fan of Rush, because there's just something deeply unsettling about him, but that match slapped.

- The TV Title match was surprisingly good. Joe can still go despite being up there in years, and Jay Lethal is winning me over very quickly. I just wish he leaned more into the Black Machismo gimmick because his current personality of "generic angry wrestling heel" is kinda meh, but dude can go in the ring.

- Briscoes - FTR was my previous MOTY. This is now my MOTY. I was a bit surprised to see FTR retain, considering the Briscoes signed long-term RoH deals and this kinda leaves the RoH Tag Titles in a place where the only credible contenders are AEW teams.

Shaman Tank Spec fucked around with this message at 15:22 on Jul 24, 2022

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Another amazing pape. What a time to be alive.

DuhSal
Aug 16, 2004

I will, brother. I promise.

Pillbug

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

- The World Title match was a bit too quick but fun. I wonder if the result of that match says something about Gresham's future in RoH?

Wasn't there a thing where they said he signed with new ROH not too long ago? I hope he'll still be there and has something to do. Dude rocks

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

I do hope they debut new designs for the titles sooner rather than later. There's three different logo designs, none of which are the current logo; the World title looks like it's apart to fall apart; the TV and Women's title ugly as hell, and the only reason they're not the ugliest is because the 6 Man tag titles win that award.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 26 days!

DuhSal posted:

Wasn't there a thing where they said he signed with new ROH not too long ago? I hope he'll still be there and has something to do. Dude rocks

I think they said at the post-show press conference for the previous PPV that Gresham had signed an AEW contract, similar to all the other previous ROH guys who've been appearing on Dynamite/Rampage and the two TK-run ROH PPVs thus far, TK can use them on whatever show he wants (at least, until he gets some sort of TV/streaming deal going for ROH).

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
I don't know what happened to Gresham. Maybe he bulked up too much, maybe he listened to the wrong people. But he went from such a smooth, fast wrestler who could do things other people can't to someone who thinks he's the actual best in the world and isn't as good as he once was.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Sydney Bottocks posted:

I think they said at the post-show press conference for the previous PPV that Gresham had signed an AEW contract, similar to all the other previous ROH guys who've been appearing on Dynamite/Rampage and the two TK-run ROH PPVs thus far, TK can use them on whatever show he wants (at least, until he gets some sort of TV/streaming deal going for ROH).

About that:

quote:

It looks like Jonathan Gresham could be done with Ring of Honor and AEW only a few months after signing with the two companies.

Fightful Select has learned that former ROH World Champion Jonathan Gresham asked for his release Saturday ahead of the ROH Death Before Dishonor show that saw him lose the championship. We're told that there was a lack of communication between the company and Gresham leading up to the weekend, and Gresham was said to have felt disrespected by this. Among other things, we learned that the lack of time for the world title match was a tipping point as well.

We're told that Gresham finally procured a meeting with Tony Khan before the show, he was said to have communicated the frustration that led to him "cussing out" Khan. Several talent confirmed this to Fightful following the ROH Death Before Dishonor show.

Gresham had interest from Japan, IMPACT and others before re-signing with ROH/AEW. Gresham told Fightful late last year that he was going to stick things out and see where the ROH brand landed, as he felt a sense of loyalty and pride in continuing it.

Fightful has reached out to Khan and Gresham for responses, and we're told from Gresham's side of things that as of this moment, Gresham is "done with wrestling for the foreseeable future after this month." We were also told that Gresham came out without his regular entrance gear because he wanted to be himself and see everything clearly for what would possibly be his last match. We've not heard from Tony Khan or ROH's side of things officially.

It has not been confirmed that Gresham was granted his request for release.

In the past, several former AEW talent have spoken about the lack of communication being a point of frustration for them.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Tbh I don't blame him for asking for his release. He kinda got a raw deal.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

I blame him for asking for his release.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
hopefully taking some time away from social media and wrestling will do good for him

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
wonder what will happen to his grappling promotion, Terminus?

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..
he could have held TK up for more money or just walked out with the title but he diligently showed up to work with his boo boo face on, did the job, then threw a hissyfit after. geek mindset and thats why he'll never get over

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Ganso Bomb posted:

Tbh I don't blame him for asking for his release. He kinda got a raw deal.

He went over the much more talented Bandido, got a showcase on AEW TV where he was fine and not over, and has been painfully average for the last year or so. He was given chances and was still clearly miserable and mad he wasn't going to be the top star when he absolutely should not be. Just release the guy.

born on a buy you
Aug 14, 2005

Odd Fullback
Bird Gang
Sack Them All
he’s the busdriver of wrestling. at one point he was hyped as being the next big thing. then he never got there and just talked about he was once going to be the next big thing

Pistol Packin Poet
Nov 5, 2012

Everyone needs an
escape goat!
Kyler Murray of professional wrestling. His talent and skill can overcome his height disadvantage, but his attitude needs to adjust to reach higher tiers of wrestling.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i miss bandido

DuhSal
Aug 16, 2004

I will, brother. I promise.

Pillbug

STONE COLD 64 posted:

i miss bandido

He’s so cool. I’ve seen like two or three matches of his and I’m already a big fan

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Gresham SCREAMS "overrated but buys into his own hype" to me. Not bad, but like, Bandido? Better. Claudio? Better by loving miles and also more versatile. A guy like Joe? Worlds better.