Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

Re: Stubborn to the point of defaulting. Additonal to the massive incompetence, let's not forget the incredibly obvious operational defiance disorder Alex has

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Mirra
Dec 18, 2005

Something that bugs me is that one of the families offered Jones a substantially lower payout (like $70M?) and he refused. Does he know something we don't or would he rather drag himself through courts endlessly rather than admit defeat? I can't help but get the feeling this is his way of tormenting the families.

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

John Mirra posted:

Something that bugs me is that one of the families offered Jones a substantially lower payout (like $70M?) and he refused. Does he know something we don't or would he rather drag himself through courts endlessly rather than admit defeat? I can't help but get the feeling this is his way of tormenting the families.

I think it's partially that, partially that he thought himself invincible, partially that he's an idiot.

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

Oh, yeah. Loud and clear. Emphasis on LOUD!
~ David Lee Roth

Deptfordx posted:

Re: Stubborn to the point of defaulting. Additonal to the massive incompetence, let's not forget the incredibly obvious operational defiance disorder Alex has

I'm catching up on back episodes of KF before I see it live. Right now I'm on #364, covering April 21-22, 2013. After the Boston bombing, Alex flat-out says that if his community were given a stay-at-home request (not even an order!) he'd break it because you can't tell him what to do.

He's a petulant man-child.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
Someone tell Alex the government recommended he wear seatbelts

Dr. Red Ranger
Nov 9, 2011

Nap Ghost

John Mirra posted:

If he really does have oppositional defiance disorder (I'm not a psych, but have family members with it and narcissism/BPD) then you can't really analyze his actions through a lense of logic or utility. To a person with ODD, defiance is the point and principle; there are no consequences they won't suffer to tell someone no.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SonOfGhostDad
Nov 16, 2022

Slyphic posted:

Legit followup question for your friend. Can the conservator/ bankruptcy court not stop him from doing further crimes with the things they're looking over?

I got an answer today: "I don't know, I'm not doing research to look it up."

Tough, but fair.