Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

That's a high quality avatar right there.

William Henry Hairytaint posted:

I'd just pay somebody to talk to me and be nice :unsmith:

Good luck trying to find someone for only a billion dollars. Hope you plan on winning the lottery twice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

Motherfucker posted:

I would use a small portion of it to kill a man just to feel what its like.

which man were you thinkin?

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Nigmaetcetera posted:

Once I figured out the secret to immortality I’d make it public domain or copyleft it or something, I’m not an rear end in a top hat.

You, the worst type of rear end in a top hat, have just sentenced the human race to being wiped out within a few decades, at most, due to all resources being used up from spiralling population growth.

Chrispurple
Dec 29, 2012

Oh man, this is gonna be great.

Bad Purchase posted:

For the low price of 1 million dollars, I will be that man. I'll even sweeten the deal - half up front and half upon completion of the job.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins

BigBadSteve posted:

You, the worst type of rear end in a top hat, have just sentenced the human race to being wiped out within a few decades, at most, due to all resources being used up from spiralling population growth.

That’s some other billionaire’s responsibility to fix.

Also, I guarantee you would hate me more if only I had the death vaccine and didn’t share it with anybody.

Nigmaetcetera fucked around with this message at 02:36 on Jul 28, 2022

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

DrSunshine posted:

Real talk? I would give like 995 million of it to form some kind of foundation or organization that would buy up land and properties and convert them into condos to give for free to the most unfortunate living in metropolitan areas.

And also part of it would fund a climate change lobbying SuperPAC that would buy ads and fund political campaigns to the most radical climate change activists.

The 5 million I would split between my most beloved people to give them the money to help them live comfortably for the rest of our lives.
That sounds nice until you have a billion dollars, but when you actually have a billion dollars and start looking at the transactions to give away 995 million you'd probably pause for a moment, start considering whether or not the charities would use the money productively or whether they'd just pay for the various failchildren and relatives of wealthier people that typically gather high salaries from "running" these charities. You'd also weigh the pros and cons of "hey I could give them 995 million now or I could invest it for a few years and give them more later, wouldn't it be better for me to nurture this nest egg and curate the usage", but would the payout ever come or would you just continue repeating this excuse regardless of growth? Family and friends seems like an easy out but after you give away some and they come back asking for some more you'd wonder if they really need the stuff they're asking for, they don't seem any happier now than they were before and there's always going to be more requests. Your relationship to your wealth and the people or organizations you'd initially like to give it to will change.

I dunno I'd probably hide it from basically everyone but my wife and brother. First and foremost I'd see what my wife wanted to do with the money because it's hers too. Beyond that I'd like to say I would use my share to pay off all my friends/family debts and give them a cushy arrangement, but I know enough about my family to know that'd go badly and honestly my good friends don't really "need" the help vs the risk of just absolutely destroying the relationship when money gets involved. I doubt I'd spend much of it, I already make more money than I need to maintain my life and just sock it away into retirement/savings like a dragon because I'm boring, also going too lavish would ruin the whole "hiding it" aspect. If I was feeling particularly ambitious I might try to set up anonymous grants for education or research topics that are important but uneconomical, like say climate change, but I'd probably want to do it as a will so I didn't feel personally invested in the money and cause issues with my life monitoring how it was spent, which would likely be too late to affect positive change in the areas I'm presently concerned about.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

i would burn it like my hero the joker

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

Bad Purchase posted:

I change my answer to this but it would be a pyre for myself. Imagine going out in the flames of a billion dollars, a hell of a performance art.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

Nigmaetcetera posted:

That’s some other billionaire’s responsibility to fix.

Also, I guarantee you would hate me more if only I had the death vaccine and didn’t share it with anybody.

You know what, I changed my mind, I’d only share the cure with likeminded individuals and we would rightfully rule over you all as deities.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
Rejoice, death is not the end!

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Nigmaetcetera posted:

If I had $1,000,000,000 I would keep it totally secret so people wouldn’t constantly ask me for loans or donations

Yeah this is the #1 thing to know if you ever come into a ton of money, especially if it’s something big enough to be mentioned on the news.

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

I would tell everyone as publicly as possible because denying people happiness when they come asking for something is my main thrill in life

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

RatHat posted:

Yeah this is the #1 thing to know if you ever come into a ton of money, especially if it’s something big enough to be mentioned on the news.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

Bad Purchase posted:

I would buy a stack of fake bills that when put into a pile would be worth approximately $1,000,000,000 if they were real and burn those, letting the dumb proles think that I set my money on fire, when it was in fact only about $1000 in paper.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
To be fair, you would only get about 500 million of the jackpot. Assuming you were the only winner. So let's get realistic here.

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

Bloodfart McCoy posted:

Good luck trying to find someone for only a billion dollars. Hope you plan on winning the lottery twice.

you don't even know me fucker

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017
i'd buy out all the lovely boomers retiring on the adjacent properties to our farm and begin reintroducing oak savanna to the lots. :)

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

20 Blunts posted:

i'd buy out all the lovely boomers retiring on the adjacent properties to our farm and begin reintroducing oak savanna to the lots. :)

Our next door neighbor had a house for sale for awhile. A trump sign owner eventually bought the place (don't blame me I voted for Trump). I sort of regret not buying it even if they are far enough a way that I'll never have to interact with them but still close enough that I rather they not be there.

Duck and Cover fucked around with this message at 05:50 on Jul 28, 2022

WILDTURKEY101
Mar 7, 2005

Look to your left. Look to your right. Only one of you is going to pass this course.
i'd quit my job, hire someone to clean my house once a week, upgrade the gently caress out of my house, and never ever leave again

oh also the property next door to me is a empty lot for sale and i'd buy it in 2 seconds

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Quit listening to these tin box rear end posters op give your bitcoin fortunes to me you know I’ll do the right thing with it

chaosbreather
Dec 9, 2001

Wry and wise,
but also very sexual.

me + $1 billion = probably exactly elon musk, doing cool stuff with big machines i think are cool and upsetting a lot of people for no reason and making really terrible business and life decisions all the time

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Doing cool stuff like having 10 kids you can't be bothered with.

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

I'm a very lucky poster and whatever money you can give me will be returned to you tenfold, OP. Try it and see.

Slayerjerman
Nov 27, 2005

by sebmojo
Id plan an overly complicated heist to somehow steal this money from myself with my rag-tag crew of misfits and hire Jason Statham as our getaway driver. Just something to pass the time on a weekday since I wouldnt have work for a living.

Also, build a loving Scottish castle on some Manhattan high rise like my boy Xanatos, sans the flesh-by-day gargoyles. Who needs those kind of house guests... Leaving stone skin like all over the place every night, it's disgusting!

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

id buy about 40 million red avs

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Buy millions of lottery tickets, then I'll be rich!

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.

Bad Purchase posted:

with that much fuckin' moolah I could take my pick! I could do one a day...

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
2 chicks at once probably

and then 45 seconds later use the post-nut clarity to decide how I'll spend the rest of the money

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!

interwhat posted:

It's extremely unlikely that 5 mil will float you and your beloved people the rest of there lives

Ok a good chunk of our lives then you pedantic jerk

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

Very tempted to turn into the conservative boogeyman version of George Soros after making sure to get some good stuff set up for my mother so I don't have to worry about her as much. Fund all the gay abortions, empower the IRS, commie reps in all 50 states, the works.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Someone venmo me

Lucky Guy
Jan 24, 2013

TY for no bm

is that a sex thing? because for a billion dollars i will

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

No one in my family would ever know, I think that's the number one rule for something like this. That cousin who helped you move into your dorm? Guess what - he wants 10 million dollars for his new business. And if you don't help, it's going to tear your family in half.

Lots of anonymous donations to pay off family members' mortgages and stuff? Hell yeah. But my CHUD brother in law is never going to find out if I win 5 bucks from a scratch off, let alone a billion dollars.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
I’ll give every poster on this forum a million dollars except for you.

You know who you are.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

I’ll give every poster on this forum a million dollars except for you.

You know who you are.

gently caress U!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wifi Toilet
Oct 1, 2004

Toilet Rascal
It was me. I won the billion. I can finally retire from posting.