Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

rotor posted:

thats the easy, boring answer. The question is how many people who DONT own the place does it take

yeah exactly. i want to indulge in fantasies of clever, determined saboteurs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

i want to indulge in fantasies of clever, determined saboteurs

epic samesies

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
i almost ruined a company, hurt at&t and apple in the process and inadvertently accelerated the rise of modern streaming does that count

if it helps i am absolutely horrified at the result

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
ehh gently caress it it was long enough ago, here's come context. i was attached to working with sling since i had experience with both networking and media and at the time there wasn't much overlap there

so i was enjoying watching my tv shows outside while smoking a cigarette, lol. i found out that at&t wouldn't allow streaming over 3g, which i did a lot, and it worked fine. there wasn't any technical limitation there beyond at&t's infrastructure, but since they were the exclusive us carrier for the iphone at the time it was apple's official policy that there be no steaming at all over cellular, and both insisted that it was downright impossible on the platform

well, i didn't like that so much. so i emailed proof to a few journalists

Beeftweeter fucked around with this message at 09:19 on Nov 24, 2022

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Beeftweeter posted:

ehh gently caress it it was long enough ago, here's come context. i was attached to working with sling since i had experience with both networking and media and at the time there wasn't much overlap there

so i was enjoying watching my tv shows outside while smoking a cigarette, lol. i found out that at&t wouldn't allow streaming over 3g, which i did a lot, and it worked fine. there wasn't any technical limitation there beyond at&t's infrastructure, but since they were the exclusive us carrier for the iphone at the time it was apple's official policy that there be no steaming at all over cellular, and both insisted that it was downright impossible on the platform

well, i didn't like that so much. so i emailed proof to a few journalists

this is me reading ur posts

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
streaming over cellular was going to happen eventually anyway. i just nudged it a bit but i deeply regret it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
for more context after that at&t folded like a cheap suit