Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EorayMel

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
Street Fighter The Movie is how I learned the answer to "I beheld ___ as lightning fall from heaven" question on the NES bibles games.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prurient Squid

Tiddy cat Buddha improving your day.
I wanted to find out what the M in M Bison's name was. It turns out that the guy who looks exactly like Mike Tyson was originally called "Mike Bison" but Capcom didn't want to get sued so they switched all the bosses names around. M Bison was originally Vega, Vega was Balrog and Balrog was Mike Bison.

So yeah, it's "Mike". Except in the western cannon it's like some unkownable mystery like the Doctor's true name in Doctor Who.

Prurient Squid

That would be totally messed up if you get to the final boss on Street Fighter and the way you defeat Bison is by knowing what the M stands for!

Talk about high pressure!

"Maurice"

WRONG - two tries left

"Motherf***er"

WRONG - one try left

[sweating]

google THIS

Prurient Squid posted:

I wanted to find out what the M in M Bison's name was. It turns out that the guy who looks exactly like Mike Tyson was originally called "Mike Bison" but Capcom didn't want to get sued so they switched all the bosses names around. M Bison was originally Vega, Vega was Balrog and Balrog was Mike Bison.

So yeah, it's "Mike". Except in the western cannon it's like some unkownable mystery like the Doctor's true name in Doctor Who.

That is my favorite bit of SF trivia, that due to copyright concerns the primary antagonist got a store brand boxer name and the boxer got named like his parents were Tolkien fans

Vega always felt like a good fit, it sounds Spanish-ish enough

Prurient Squid

" GamesRadar noted that while his attire and obsession with beauty was a departure from traditional depictions of ninjas, the features made him "one of the more iconic scrappers in the Street Fighter games".[18] They additionally listed him as one of the most outrageous camp villains, stating that a "camp bad guy list" without Vega was like a "cheese sandwich without the cheese or bread," while describing him as "more narcissistic than two clones of Narcissus having sex in a room full of mirrors."[19]"

LOL. That sound likes Vega. lolololololol.

Dr. Honked

eat it you slaaaaaaag
Mike is of course short for Micycle

thanks deep dish pete moss and Plant MONSTER

Prurient Squid

Dial "M" for Bison.

Prurient Squid

This is probably relevant.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsU7az8ahQI

and here is another good one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p0j0lO7uQBo

baka of lathspell

time to fight some streets orbs

join dork order
sig by ??? (<3 u)

Prurient Squid

I'm kind of confused that Zangief after a certain point is treat as being a bad guy character but he fights for the USSR?

baka of lathspell

Prurient Squid posted:

I'm kind of confused that Zangief after a certain point is treat as being a bad guy character but he fights for the USSR?

I just feel like he should wear a heavyweight belt around what’s the point of him if he’s not the USSR pro champion of the world

join dork order
sig by ??? (<3 u)

Prurient Squid

I think Guile and Zangief should put their national antagonisms to one side and join together to fight the war on drugs........ on the side of the drugs!

Prurient Squid

THe episode of alvin and the chipmunks where they bring down the berlin wall except Zangief piledrives them.

edit:

I just re-read this post a day later almost to the hour and gave a hearty chuckle. Which means I won.

Prurient Squid fucked around with this message at 19:35 on Aug 19, 2022

Meeksha

i did it all for the nookie
Ask me how!
-freb dust

Drink-Mix Man posted:

Was just flipping through clips and lol, Blanca was just some guy painted green with an orange wig.

Fun fact - they hired this guy after the REAL Blanca fried all the equipment on the original set. A few lives were lost as well. Truly a dark day for street fighters everywhere.

-----

come on and slam and welcome to the jam

Thank you Heather Papps for the summer sig!

Prurient Squid

The 90s were powered by mutagen.

google THIS

Came back to the article again and lmao'd that after basically an entire movie's worth of buildup the legendary hadouken move was a spliced in shot with a split second of lens flare

Prurient Squid

It's kind of interesting to think that as a kid I would have assumed that some of the moves were cut due to the more realistic tone of the film but no, literally just time constraints and trying to satisfy capcom, the toy makers, the actors, coping with food poisoning etc...

google THIS

Oh poo poo guys we forgot that Spider-Man shoots webbing (just one of those production things, you know) so we're going to add two seconds of Peter Parker obviously holding two cans if silly string followed by a shot of an old Spider-Man action figure dangling with twine from a skyscraper made of Duplo blocks

baka of lathspell

google THIS posted:

Oh poo poo guys we forgot that Spider-Man shoots webbing (just one of those production things, you know) so we're going to add two seconds of Peter Parker obviously holding two cans if silly string followed by a shot of an old Spider-Man action figure dangling with twine from a skyscraper made of Duplo blocks

this is the street fighter the movie thread not the spiderman the movie thread tho

join dork order
sig by ??? (<3 u)

google THIS

baka fwocka fwame posted:

this is the street fighter the movie thread not the spiderman the movie thread tho

Naturally I was giving an example of how a hypothetical Marvel vs. Capcom sequel would have gone down

Prurient Squid

Doing a Star Wars film and forgeting to put lightsabers in it and then editing scenes with stormtroopers gazing on while lightersaber sounds audibly play out an epic battle.

Twenty Four

Prurient Squid posted:

Doing a Star Wars film and forgeting to put lightsabers in it and then editing scenes with stormtroopers gazing on while lightersaber sounds audibly play out an epic battle.

lol

Prurient Squid

Saoshyant

:hmmorks: :orks:

I knew there was a reason I was still subscribed to this thread.

awesome spring sig by RavenousScoot

Shifty Nipples

Ashens made a video opening an entire box of Street Fighter The Movie trading cards

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kuldry0X13M

Thanks Plant MONSTER. and deep dish peat moss and deep dish peat moss and deep dish peat moss

Prurient Squid

Finger Prince

:sickos:

baka of lathspell

I still remember street fighter the movie

join dork order
sig by ??? (<3 u)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saoshyant

:hmmorks: :orks: