Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Prurient Squid

Tiddy cat Buddha improving your day.
edit: Apparently there's this article about cool facts about the Street Fighter Movie and I haven't read it but I'm posting it at the top of the thread
because it sounds like it has a lot of promise and is very on topic.

https://www.thegamer.com/cool-facts-failed-street-fighter-movie/

Wow, M Bison. He had his own money and had a suit that could bring him back to life. And like Kylie Minogue was in it as cammy?

And it I think it was trying to be a parody of the UN or something? Like social commentary. But I was pretty obvlivious and maybe the film
should have "stayed in it's lane" as they say. But I guess everyone has the right to an opnion.

The anime of Street Fighter I thought was pretty awesome.

Remember Ryu and Ken? You did a special move if you pushed the stick in directions and you could do a hadouken thing.

those were the days.

And Bison had his own money and was going to kidnap the Queen of England to push the exchange rate up.

There was a Mortal Kombat film too but maybe we should leave that as the subject for another post.

Prurient Squid fucked around with this message at 13:18 on Aug 7, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Honked

eat it you slaaaaaaag
a long time ago, back in the 20th century i think it was, i remember playing street fighter at work at lunchtime. we had to stop because the law company who were below us in the building did not appreciate the screaming that inevitably happened. so we switched to bomberman - but that got banned too because that is also a game that involves screaming. i think we ended up with diddy kong racing because that's a fun lunchtime game that can be played reasonably quietly

anyway huge fan of SF but i've never seen the movie. i'll watch it and report back. brb

thanks deep dish pete moss and Plant MONSTER

Prurient Squid

In a way reading this article makes me feel better about my life. I mean, if these people could survive filming Street Fighter, I'm probably going to survive my life of getting up and eating food and stuff.

Also, I think there's a Street Fighter level based in the the UK which is just a toilets. Seems legit.

Prurient Squid

Chewbecca

Just chillin' : )
The Street Fighter film featured the talents of Australia's own Kylie Minogue, op

Thanks to Heather Papps for sweet sig, click for more hot lady action

sigs by luvcow and Khanstant.
Click on Spoonville for a neat surprise

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻ #YesNutNovember - add this to your sig if you love and support BYOB's own nut

Prurient Squid

I just had a thought. Get Quentin Tarantino to do a Street Fighter film.

Chiaki Kuriyama as Chun Li.

gently caress. Make it happen. This sounds awesome.

Prurient Squid

My sources are now informing me that there is a Street Fighter the Movie The Game.

I do not know why this exists? This is pretty strange.

biosterous

the live action street fighter movie is great! raul julia was in poor health and took the role to get a bunch of money for his family, and just chewed all the scenery all the time. also zangief has incredible himbo energy

thank you saoshyant for this sig!!!
gallery of sigs

he/him

Twenty Four

Prurient Squid posted:

My sources are now informing me that there is a Street Fighter the Movie The Game.

I do not know why this exists? This is pretty strange.

lol @ the game based on the movie based on the game

The new Street Fighter game, based on the off-Broadway play, based on the movie, based on the game. It's a rhythm game.

Scuba Trooper

Chewbecca posted:

The Street Fighter film featured the talents of Australia's own Kylie Minogue, op

😘

Heather Papps

hello friend

yeah how could i forget this?

spoiled for buttcrack

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!

Dads Dip Cup

I watched this at my friend's house when we were both in like high school because we were crazy about street fighter and we'd try to do the moves along with the characters so when Ryu was like HADOOKEN (which was just some dude on set flashing a polaroid camera or some poo poo) we'd both be going HADOOKEN in his living room

anyway the second time we watched it I tried to do a HADOOKEN and smashed my hand into the pedestal fan that was in the middle of the floor and nearly broke it (my hand not the fan) and that's why I don't watch movies anymore

Areola Grande

it's a free country u pervs

Dads Dip Cup posted:

I watched this at my friend's house when we were both in like high school because we were crazy about street fighter and we'd try to do the moves along with the characters so when Ryu was like HADOOKEN (which was just some dude on set flashing a polaroid camera or some poo poo) we'd both be going HADOOKEN in his living room

anyway the second time we watched it I tried to do a HADOOKEN and smashed my hand into the pedestal fan that was in the middle of the floor and nearly broke it (my hand not the fan) and that's why I don't watch movies anymore

loving lol

Areola Grande

it's a free country u pervs
should have stuck w/ the much safer hurricane kick which goes

CHECK MY BIG OLD BROWN CHIP

Prurient Squid

Heather Papps posted:

yeah how could i forget this?

spoiled for buttcrack

Then vega attacks her and she fucks up his eye. Yeah, I remember and almost mentioned this in the OP. Maybe on a subconcious level I just wanted to leave stuff for other people to add?

Prurient Squid

Dads Dip Cup posted:

That went south quickly.

One time I was at my uncle's house playing scrabble and I started walking on the couch and then I fell over and the pieces went everywhere so I can relate.

Dads Dip Cup

Prurient Squid posted:

That went south quickly.

One time I was at my uncle's house playing scrabble and I started walking on the couch and then I fell over and the pieces went everywhere so I can relate.

wasn't even the first incident of something trying to kill me while watching movies at this particular friend's house. probably some sort of curse or something

"I guess you didn't see that" was a running joke for quite some time afterward :sigh:

Scuba Trooper

Dads Dip Cup posted:

Prurient Squid

The same uncle from the scrabble story once gloated that he beat me 10-2 at Street Fighter. But the real reason for that honestly was just that I was playing as Ken and I was trying to practice how to do the Shoryuken thing which is basically an uppercut? Or maybe I was Ryu.

It's right, down, diagonal down + punch.

I always liked E Honda because of that million palm slap thing which was pretty cool.

E: oh wow, they took out E Honda's rising sun flag out of a re-release.

https://www.eventhubs.com/news/2021/feb/19/capcom-removes-offensive-background-sf2/

Prurient Squid fucked around with this message at 20:25 on Aug 11, 2022

Finger Prince

I saw the street fighter movie in the theater, that's how old I am. It was so aggressively bad it was awesome. The part I love the best is Col. Guile's top secret stealth boat with his name printed in huge block letters on the side.

Drink-Mix Man

You are an odd fellow, but I must say... you throw a swell shindig.

Was just flipping through clips and lol, Blanca was just some guy painted green with an orange wig.

Prurient Squid

If you find clips of this film floating around the interwebs post them here!

Prurient Squid

Finger Prince posted:

I saw the street fighter movie in the theater, that's how old I am. It was so aggressively bad it was awesome. The part I love the best is Col. Guile's top secret stealth boat with his name printed in huge block letters on the side.

Lol, in the article it says something about the Thai airforce didn't give them permission to fly in their airspace so - scrubs off the whiteboard - they storm his evil fortress in an epic BOAT RAID.

google THIS

You're laughing now but when you lose YOUR stop secret stealth boat-

Bright Bart

False. There is only one electron and it has never stopped
Nope. But I'm working on a film about a guy who gets instantly angry at minor perceived offenses and gets whooped.

FutonForensic

lolling at the cast getting addicted to being jerked off in massage parlors

Prurient Squid

That's the hidden level of Street Fighter the movie the game. It takes place entirely in a Taiwanese massage parlour and you have to smash cars until the price of a handjob gets so high that everyone goes back to work.

It's kind of like that level of Destroy All Humans where you have to inflict a particular dollar amount of damage on the CIA. Actually I believe it directly inspired it.

Thai. not taiwnese.... idk lol

Prurient Squid fucked around with this message at 12:27 on Aug 15, 2022

aldantefax

ALWAYS BE MECHFISHIN'
the nuance of “for me, it was tuesday” implying that M Bison knew exactly what Chun Li was talking about and could in fact recall the crimes he did but did so with a fondness and accuracy, followed by the look of exasperation that was supposed to be horror from Chun Li, one of the many apexes of cinema

Prurient Squid

For me it was wednesday my dudes.

edit:

Oh wait, Wednesday Addams. It all fits together.

Prurient Squid fucked around with this message at 20:37 on Aug 15, 2022

mailorder bees

FLUFFERNUTTER
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYW5rmQgGXE

thanks Manifisto!

Moola

I was gonna post this too, its still legit funny lol

Prurient Squid

Back in the days when we were all naive enough to believe that bad guys weren't evil for evil's sake like the eco villains from captain planet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LjogCytzX0s

Prurient Squid

The hardest part about the movie is believing Zangief would turn his back on great soviet motherland. Is hard to believe he betray comrade general secretary.

Drink-Mix Man

You are an odd fellow, but I must say... you throw a swell shindig.

Prurient Squid posted:

Back in the days when we were all naive enough to believe that bad guys weren't evil for evil's sake like the eco villains from captain planet.

LOL are all this guy's dumb remarks punctuated by the slowest head turns in cinematic history?

baka of lathspell

Prurient Squid posted:

what if he gave his supersoldiers the ability to take extremely long and deep naps

join dork order
sig by ??? (<3 u)

google THIS

Prurient Squid posted:

(camera pans to model of skull shaped building)

Prurient Squid

I hope you guys aren't implying that street fighter the movie isn't good? You can't be right?

FutonForensic

Prurient Squid posted:

I hope you guys aren't implying that street fighter the movie isn't good? You can't be right?

That's not what we're saying. The movie is well-made and is something that everyone can enjoy.

Moola

Prurient Squid posted:

I will defend the street fighter movie to the death

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moola
well maybe not the death but I will defend it a whole lot!