Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo
Yeah DQ chicken strip basket with Texas toast is steeped in road trip memories for me. The town where we'd always stop had a really well run location. Tried the one near my house for nostalgia purposes and the strips were completely raw :barf:

carry on then posted:

Honestly in my tiny-rear end city we don't get a lot of this, instead it's usually the local news reporting OMG POPEYES HAS FILED A BUILDING PERMIT THIS IS SO EXCITING and then nothing happens.

For us it took like a year and a half from when they first announced it to when they finally opened up

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo
The most recent "interesting" place to open after a period of mystery was Jollibee, I still haven't gone though. Sweet spaghetti is not really my palate

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

amaguri
Mar 27, 2010
i went to get a blizzard last night and the DQ was replaced with a cupcake shop and i've never been more upset in my life

we used to have at least half a dozen DQs around here and now there's only 1 still clingin to life

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
we used to have a DQ in town but honestly it needed to go. towards the end they couldn't even reliably do soft serve ice cream right. very sad