Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
You notice new construction on your drive home. It's clearly a fast food building. But what kind?

It's not a McDonalds, it's not a Taco Bell, it's not a Sonic, it's not In N Out. Their buildings are distinct (although McDonalds are veering towards the generic). But it could be almost anything else since nearly all of the other places look the same: it could be anything from a Starbucks to a Chipotle to a Dairy Queen to a Wendys.

Which 3 places do you hope it is?

Which 3 places DO YOU LIKE that you hope it is not? (so if you hate Church's chicken, you can't list that).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Hope it is:

1. Rally's - I want those fries. They are so far away.
2. Del Taco - There is only one in a town of a million people now and it's a bad Del Taco. There were two better Del Tacos but they closed.
3. Yoshinoya - I love rice + meat bowls.

Hope it's not:
3. Jack N The Box - I love Jack n the Box. They would probably do better having fewer spots so they didn't have so much old food.
2. Popeyes - Breaks my heart to come across a Bad Popeyes and there are enough good ones that I don't want to see a bad one possibly come into the world.
1. Starbucks - I'm so disappointed when a new fast food place ends up being Starbucks and since life is constant disappoint of course this is what it is 90% of the time.

:sss: :tbear: Oel ngati kameie Los Ingobernables de Onsite BYOB
Seared tuna steak, served with ponzu sauce and wasabi.

FrankeeFrankFrank on 07:55 May 03, 2015 posted:

sometimes i rub Fabreeze on my hands and now my hands are very dry.

FrankeeFrankFrank on 04:55 Apr 10, 2017 posted:

It was nice knowing you all. Sometimes.

I still believe in Second Winter. Put this in your sig if you also believe in that and that it is real and not fake like the others say.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

1. Giant Cube of Flour

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
God I wish.,

I still believe in Second Winter. Put this in your sig if you also believe in that and that it is real and not fake like the others say.

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

A full size starbucks, built right inbetween the Starbucks that’s attached to the safeway and the starbucks that’s drive thru only

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

1. Giant Cube of Flour

if we're talking dollar/calorie ratio,

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

I know SW Florida really isn’t the south but I want a goddamned Krystal. And a Lee’s Famous, but that’ll never happen.

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I
Cook Out, of course. Where else?

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

A White Castle where everybody knows my name and my order while drunk (the Crave Crate™)

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Round here (east London) it's going to be an independent Mississippi/Oregon/Maine/Alaska Fried Chicken joint.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

glad alaskan fried chicken is getting the international recognition it deserves

----------------

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
The place that inspired this thread, looks like it's going to be Salad 2 Go, an Arizona drive-thru-only salad place (although this one is big enough that maybe they have an inside). I wanted to like a drive-thru salad place since I love a salad I don't have to make. But a more accurate name for this is Onions 2 Go because everything tastes like onions. Either they mix onions in with the lettuce on purpose or they have major cross contamination issues which means it's salmonella waiting to happen so I do not go there.

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser

feedmegin posted:

Round here (east London) it's going to be an independent Mississippi/Oregon/Maine/Alaska Fried Chicken joint.

I admire White Horse Kebabs’ commitment to their name despite what must be literally thousands of pissed up customers a week asking for kebabs not made of horse.

If you’re talking about Lauriston Village, it’d be Village Fried Chicken, since there’s like fifteen businesses on that street with the word ‘village’ in the name.

pro starcraft loser
Jan 23, 2006

Stand back, this could get messy.

Theres been an open spot right near me for a bit.

I just walked past and saw a "coming soon" sign.

Excited, I walked closer to see and its a loving Boston Market

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Hope it is:
Alberto's
Alberdo's
Albertino's

Hope it's not:
Albernato's
Albernito's
Albertano's

----------------

ohnobugs
Feb 22, 2003

Popeye's. Come back you fuckers.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

pro starcraft loser posted:

Theres been an open spot right near me for a bit.

I just walked past and saw a "coming soon" sign.

Excited, I walked closer to see and its a loving Boston Market

lmao the comeback begins

----------------

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo
Hope it’s

1. Arby’s
2. Arby’s
3. Arby’s

Hope it’s not

1. A&W
2. Starbucks
3. Earl of Sandwich

3 DONG HORSE posted:

Hope it is:
Alberto's
Alberdo's
Albertino's

Hope it's not:
Albernato's
Albernito's
Albertano's

Same but every permutation of Famous Original Ray’s :effort:

----------------

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

3 DONG HORSE posted:

Hope it is:
Alberto's
Alberdo's
Albertino's

Hope it's not:
Albernato's
Albernito's
Albertano's

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cMxEGjLnjUU

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

old news friend

https://www.azcentral.com/story/entertainment/dining/2017/06/23/restaurants-history-phoenix-mexican-food-filibertos/405623001/

(i tried watching your video but it's terribly memey)

----------------

3 DONG HORSE fucked around with this message at 03:28 on Aug 16, 2022

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

ohnobugs posted:

Popeye's. Come back you fuckers.

The first time I went to a Popeye's was at the Atlanta Aiport in 2003. When I got home my mom informed me that they were putting in a location hella close by.

I go there a lot. I am sorry for your misfortune.

Dirty rice for life.

postmodifier
Nov 24, 2004

The LIQUOR BOTTLES are out in full force.
MOM is surely nearby.
Answering this as earnestly as it was posed, I want Arby's and Sonic to re-open, and throw a White Castle in there too

We don't need a fourth McDonald's or a second Taco Bell, and there's no way in hell we need a second Five Guys

While you're at it please delete buffalo wild wings and turn it back into a Ruby Tuesday's

Also can the Arby's be built across the street from my apartment complex instead of where it used to be, thank you very much in advance

Carlton Banks Teller
Nov 18, 2004

Ziv Zulander posted:

A full size starbucks, built right inbetween the Starbucks that’s attached to the safeway and the starbucks that’s drive thru only

a venti starbucks

----------------
ok

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

3 DONG HORSE posted:

Hope it is:
Alberto's
Alberdo's
Albertino's

Hope it's not:
Albernato's
Albernito's
Albertano's

Locally: Nicos yes, los betos maybe, Rillibertos Maybe, Fillbertos No

Carlton Banks Teller
Nov 18, 2004

Rick posted:

Tucsonan detected and yes, I agree with this 100%.

----------------
ok

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

the last time this happened near me it turned out to be a dentist.

----------------

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

Carlton Banks Teller posted:

Tucsonan detected and yes, I agree with this 100%.

Got me!

carry on then posted:

the last time this happened near me it turned out to be a dentist.

Dentist offices are wild, you find one anywhere from "clearly this was just some dude's house" to monstrosities that make 70s churches blush, to, well, generic fast food buildings.

Twenty Four
Dec 21, 2008

postmodifier posted:

Answering this as earnestly as it was posed, I want Arby's and Sonic to re-open, and throw a White Castle in there too

We don't need a fourth McDonald's or a second Taco Bell, and there's no way in hell we need a second Five Guys

While you're at it please delete buffalo wild wings and turn it back into a Ruby Tuesday's

Also can the Arby's be built across the street from my apartment complex instead of where it used to be, thank you very much in advance

Rick posted:

Got me!

Dentist offices are wild, you find one anywhere from "clearly this was just some dude's house" to monstrosities that make 70s churches blush, to, well, generic fast food buildings.

With this and the previous few posts in mind, I wish the old Schlotzsky's would reopen as a... Schlotzsky's again. It closed down I don't know how long ago, way more then over a decade for sure, was vacant for a long time, tuned into a Del Taco for a while (okay I like it but there was already another one only slightly further away in the other direction), and now is a goddamn Raising Cane's. Continuing this trend, I'm guessing the next steps will be the "recently expired canned goods" store, then the "all you can drink used motor oil" shop.

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

Rick posted:

Just moved away from Tucson (like, three days ago) gently caress I’m going to miss the nicos that was across from my neighborhood even though breakfast burritos are now $9????

halokiller
Dec 28, 2008

Sisters Are Doin' It For Themselves

Yes I'll have one title loan to go, actually better make it two.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

Jenny Agutter posted:

Just moved away from Tucson (like, three days ago) gently caress I’m going to miss the nicos that was across from my neighborhood even though breakfast burritos are now $9????

On the one hand congrats for escaping the Tucson containment field but on the other hand condolences for no more Nicos. Although yeah their prices really are starting to get wild. You are basically paying sit down food levels.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
i want a fuckin' Dairy Queen in town. wanna get FAT on those Blizzards

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo
Careful what you wish for, if you don’t specify a Grill it’ll just end up being a Chill that only serves ice cream and no hot food
:negative:

----------------

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
I live somewhere that has exploded in DQ locations over the past 5 year, but yes all Chill and no Grill.

With that said, I've never had DQ food and necessarily wanted more of it. But that might be because they're truckstop locations which might not be a fair judge.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Futanari Damacy posted:

Careful what you wish for, if you don’t specify a Grill it’ll just end up being a Chill that only serves ice cream and no hot food
:negative:

that's weird. i've never seen a chill-only DQ.

tbh i don't really care though. we've already got hell of fast food burgers in town. just gimmee those blizzees

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT
Getting 2 new restaurants in my side of town :woop:

And then I find out they are Starbucks and Chipotle :(

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

How Rude posted:

Getting 2 new restaurants in my side of town :woop:

And then I find out they are Starbucks and Chipotle :(

It always is )=

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china
1. CAVA - I haven't seen one of these in years but I remember it being fantastic. like Chipotle-style service but Greek, bigger menu, and a lot better overall. could really go for this right now. haven't had fast food in a long time and this would bring me back into the fold if there was one nearby

2. Checkers - need the fries, the only fast food chili dog I'll take a risk on and I like the aesthetic. there's no dang checkers around here

3. Popeyes - biscuits, blackened ranch, they fry in lard, cajun fries are tasty

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

Rick posted:

With that said, I've never had DQ food and necessarily wanted more of it. But that might be because they're truckstop locations which might not be a fair judge.

Sometimes, generic-rear end chicken fingers are all you need. And four extra pieces of garlic toast.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Honestly in my tiny-rear end city we don't get a lot of this, instead it's usually the local news reporting OMG POPEYES HAS FILED A BUILDING PERMIT THIS IS SO EXCITING and then nothing happens.

----------------