Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NeatHeteroDude
Jan 15, 2017

evilmiera posted:

Nobody told me Assange got stabbed almost to death, I never get to hear anything fun :(

Hey friend, don't weirdly seek negative attention here or anywhere else in CSPAM. Negative-attention-brain is genuinely something I feel bad about when I see :(. If you want, we can talk via PM about it.

e: it also looks like you do this elsewhere in the subforum, so I'm going to probe you every time you do. I genuinely want you to know that you can always send the mods a message if you're feeling like posting something rude for attention, and we'll be happy to give you ideas about positive things you can post instead.

NeatHeteroDude has issued a correction as of 21:09 on Aug 17, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

evilmiera posted:

Nobody told me Assange got stabbed almost to death, I never get to hear anything fun :(

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

i thought this guy just really hated Russia, i didn't realise he was jusy a big liberal weenie

the white hand
Nov 12, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

NeatHeteroDude posted:

Hey friend, don't weirdly seek negative attention here or anywhere else in CSPAM. Negative-attention-brain is genuinely something I feel bad about when I see :(. If you want, we can talk via PM about it.

e: it also looks like you do this elsewhere in the subforum, so I'm going to probe you every time you do. I genuinely want you to know that you can always send the mods a message if you're feeling like posting something rude for attention, and we'll be happy to give you ideas about positive things you can post instead.

get this through your head, some people are filth and it makes you filth to act like they can change

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

the white hand posted:

get this through your head, some people are filth and it makes you filth to act like they can change

shoo shoo calvinist goblin

NeatHeteroDude
Jan 15, 2017

the white hand posted:

I think some people are bad but if posting rude things to get attention made someone trash then like 75% of posters would be trash

the white hand
Nov 12, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
the difference between filth and trash is now yours to discern, mod

NeatHeteroDude
Jan 15, 2017

When I see people being rude or lovely for attention (or in general) it reminds me a lot of myself years ago. I honestly can't get mad or upset at someone for doing stuff that I did (probably far worse than them) less than 5 years ago. I definitely don't have the right to write anyone off

speng31b
May 8, 2010

NeatHeteroDude posted:

When I see people being rude or lovely for attention (or in general) it reminds me a lot of myself years ago. I honestly can't get mad or upset at someone for doing stuff that I did (probably far worse than them) less than 5 years ago. I definitely don't have the right to write anyone off

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

Gleichheit soll gedeihen

the white hand posted:

i used to be filth and i got a little better

MLSM
Apr 3, 2021

by Azathoth

NeatHeteroDude posted:

I think some people are bad but if posting rude things to get attention made someone trash then like 75% of posters would be trash

You claim to be against mentally ill negative attention seeking psychos yet you let reik and a few other freaks in the greenwald thread soak it up all day long

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Cuttlefush posted:

slicked back hair, white pants, sloppy steaks...

the white hand
Nov 12, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Cuttlefush posted:

as long as no one believed in you, that's all right

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

MAN IS GOOD!

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

NeatHeteroDude posted:

you should offer your services to Salman so he too can stop seeking negative attention.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

mawarannahr posted:

you should offer your services to Salman so he too can stop seeking negative attention.

Salmod Rushdie

Charles Ingalls
Jan 31, 2021

christmas boots posted:

tbh I think mods just love the qur'an because of aisha

The Atomic Man-Boy
Jul 23, 2007

Maya Fey posted:

furiously drawing pictures of the Prophet

On a slightly positive note. if Rushdie lives, he’ll probably get a lot more tail with an eyepatch.

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

The Atomic Man-Boy posted:

On a slightly positive note. if Rushdie lives, he’ll probably get a lot more tail with an eyepatch.

like, legitimately earned too

NeatHeteroDude
Jan 15, 2017

mawarannahr posted:

I think he's got a lot of positive attention too though

Also in case anyone thinks I'm doing some kind of freaky advanced trolling: I'm not. If you genuinely want some input about how to post so that people don't immediately tell you to gently caress yourself, PM one of the mods or Az. Like, genuinely, it's a good idea for you.

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.
I mean in this fellows case the advice is just to post in GBS.

NeatHeteroDude posted:

Nuh uh, gently caress you.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Salman Rushdie update

https://twitter.com/ABSCBNNews/status/1584337625866915842?t=yeiS3w5c_SQ6GPCS0BRtNw&s=19

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
I hope he can still play and enjoy Super Mario World, no one should be able to take that away from him

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

drat thats hosed up

whaley
Aug 13, 2000

MY DOODOO IS SPRAYING OUT
i seen him since. he looks stupid :(

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

whaley posted:

i seen him since. he looks stupid :(

Punished Rushdie

I Love Loosies
Jan 4, 2013

drat now he can't watch Avatar:Way of the Water in 3D

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

gradenko_2000 posted:

Punished Rushdie

NeatHeteroDude
Jan 15, 2017

Weka posted:

I mean in this fellows case the advice is just to post in GBS.

Nuh uh, gently caress you.

Lol this

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

is named rush die

survives extreme stabbing

curious.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Zerg Mans posted:

is named rush die

survives extreme stabbing

curious.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

should have used cannons instead of a knife

Random Asshole
Nov 8, 2010

So, can someone explain to me why this guy is still like Public Enemy #1? Like, I get that he wrote some poo poo in the 80's or whatever, but it feels like enough poo poo has gone down, like just in the last twenty years, to make this beef feel a little bit quaint. Like, if I were a violent Islamic extremist putting out hits on people, I can't see this guy even making my top ten.

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
There's a cult around Iran's religious leadership that's willing to do whatever they say. Much smaller today than when the fatwa was issued. I'm surprised anything happened.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
Do you think they heard about the attack and were like "oh poo poo was that fatwa still active? Oh gently caress I forgot all about that. Whoops"

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Started reading Midnight's Children and have come to start caring about Rushdie. Hope he pulls through.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
Fatwa means fatwa.

Cassette Moodcore
May 4, 2022

pirate arc origins, just needs to put on an eye patch and lip off the useless hand for a hook

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Better Call Saulman Rushdie