Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A Festivus Miracle
Dec 19, 2012

I have come to discourse on the profound inequities of the American political system.

I love the endorphin rush I get when I push myself doing a workout, but I cannot imagine what kind of endorphin rush these people get from physically recreating the experience of birth from the objective of the child or even loving why.

The high is loving addictive though. That's why the extremely broke brain free climb till they die or narrowly survive a gliding incident to die in a thunderstorm. The high from narrowly avoiding death is honestly better than cocaine, which, just like cocaine, is best to stay the gently caress away from forever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ElectricSheep
Jan 14, 2006

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.
The Descent is about a group of cavers that run into these like primal, cannibalistic humans that seemed to have diverged from the general evolutionary path we're all used to.

The scariest part of the movie isn't the cavers fighting for their lives against them, it's when one of them gets stuck crawling through a tunnel and the camera is focused nice and tight in front of them to insanely claustrophobic effect

https://youtu.be/HbdxvncHvCs

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
What if you go sky diving and dive right into a cave? That's twice as awesome.

There was another cool GBS cave thread kinda recently that was a nice read. Caves in general seem cool to me, and I prefer small tight spaces to large areas, but I don't really see the point of exploring caves to the point of crawling or whatever. I'd rather not be in a situation where one wrong move ends my life considering how many wrong moves I make on a daily basis.

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

not the analytical engine

Mega64 posted:

What if you go sky diving and dive right into a cave? That's twice as awesome.

There was another cool GBS cave thread kinda recently that was a nice read. Caves in general seem cool to me, and I prefer small tight spaces to large areas, but I don't really see the point of exploring caves to the point of crawling or whatever. I'd rather not be in a situation where one wrong move ends my life considering how many wrong moves I make on a daily basis.

a real "tornado forms over volcano" scenario

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Fall from space into an underwater cave momentarily laid open by a titanic whirlpool :black101:

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Ignatius M. Meen posted:

Caves are kinda cool but any fit that requires crouching/crawling for more than five minutes gets a definitive HELL NO from me. Leave that poo poo to the bugs and lizards and whatever else that are actually small enough to fit without having to work at it, or get a loving crew in to build a supporting ceiling so you can mine out the path to whatever the hell you're hoping to find on the other end of the crawlspace/deathtrap.

That's the thing, the only thing they're hoping to find is more crawlspaces and deathtraps. I wriggled through a 10 inch wide crevice for 50 meters and I found 50 more meters of 10 inch wide crevice, lucky me!

ncumbered_by_idgits
Sep 20, 2008

the holy poopacy posted:

That's the thing, the only thing they're hoping to find is more crawlspaces and deathtraps. I wriggled through a 10 inch wide crevice for 50 meters and I found 50 more meters of 10 inch wide crevice, lucky me!

You mixed metric and imperial here. Could you fix this please?

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

the holy poopacy posted:

And spiders, they find a ton of loving spiders

EconDad
Jul 20, 2013

you talkin' to me Sheriff?

oh... I thought you was talkin' to me.

THOSE DAMN ENCHILADAS
It feels like the only reason a person would do this... is because they sort of want to die.

Skeleton Ape
Dec 21, 2008

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

objection, bats aren't people

Skeleton Ape
Dec 21, 2008

AcidCat
Feb 10, 2005

Thirteen Lives is a fuckin great movie that reminds you that people can actually be good. Tho, that idea is not real popular in these parts.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

It's weird that the movie doesn't give much spotlight to the kids or coach because Netflix has the film rights to their story. So Thirteen Lives gives most of the focus on the white guys.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Grem posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FAg8EkDiIXk

This poo poo is insane. These dudes, this guy in particular, like laugh as they get their bald rear end heads stuck inside caves.

I made it about 30 seconds into the video before noping the gently caress out.

Cave exploration where at worst you kinda have to crouch down a bit and just have a fun time in a cave seems like it could be neat but I genuinely don't get the appeal of this "if you can't disconnect your rib cage and shoulder joints at will you will die constricted by 5000000 tons of rock" poo poo.

Beartaco
Apr 10, 2007

by sebmojo
Man, what the hell. I found this in the recommendations. Dude films himself deliberately getting bitten by a Black Widow.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=onY23bxPYPc

Beartaco
Apr 10, 2007

by sebmojo
This is his whole channel.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

ElectricSheep posted:

The Descent is about a group of cavers that run into these like primal, cannibalistic humans that seemed to have diverged from the general evolutionary path we're all used to.

The scariest part of the movie isn't the cavers fighting for their lives against them, it's when one of them gets stuck crawling through a tunnel and the camera is focused nice and tight in front of them to insanely claustrophobic effect

https://youtu.be/HbdxvncHvCs

The scariest part is you think it's a horror movie but then realize you're watching a chick flick

DropsySufferer
Nov 9, 2008

Impractical practicality
Watching that makes me feel short of breath... I'll take the black widows over going into that cave.

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser
Fear of caves is misinformation spread by Big Agoraphobia.

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

that one video you saw on kazaa

...you know the one

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer
The cave rave in Matrix 3 is the most terrifying cave scene in all cinema

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
Does the Goatman count as a cave?

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

I had a coworker who liked to go caving. "Had" because a couple years ago the cave he was in for the weekend flooded and cut off his exit and he and a friend died of hypothermia before the rescuers could make it to them.

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug

Beartaco posted:

This is his whole channel.

I'mma start a channel where i seek out the most vicious serial killers and try to get murdered by them but survive each time and give a detailed report what it was like to be killed by them.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

DropsySufferer posted:

Watching that makes me feel short of breath... I'll take the black widows over going into that cave.

Can I interest you in a cave that has more spiders than you'll ever see in your entire life?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a5WRJ2rl1aE&t=39s

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

ncumbered_by_idgits posted:

You mixed metric and imperial here. Could you fix this please?

lol this guy is definitely british

Pac and Cheese
Oct 29, 2010

gotta walk fast

Icochet posted:

The cave rave in Matrix 3 is the most terrifying cave scene in all cinema

i'm pretty sure the cave orgy was in the 4th matrix movie

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD posted:

that one video you saw on kazaa

...you know the one

i know which one

Pac and Cheese
Oct 29, 2010

gotta walk fast
the descent (into degeneracy and polyamory and homosexuality)

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Grem posted:

Can I interest you in a cave that has more spiders than you'll ever see in your entire life?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a5WRJ2rl1aE&t=39s

That owns.

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

counterpoint: it's loving horrifying

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Panic! At The Tesco posted:

counterpoint: it's loving horrifying

Harvesters are cute and harmless

Skeleton Ape
Dec 21, 2008

Colonel Cancer posted:

Harvesters are cute and harmless

:yeah:

Although so is the whip spider on that guy's face but it doesn't stop me from being creeped out by it. You don't like what you don't like :derp:

EconDad
Jul 20, 2013

you talkin' to me Sheriff?

oh... I thought you was talkin' to me.

THOSE DAMN ENCHILADAS
This thread caused me to go down a cave rabbit hole. Learned all about the one guy who died in the Putty cave or whatever.

Passin' tiiiiiiime.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xsuperkidx
Sep 21, 2000

Bread Liar

haljordan posted:

There's a place by my house where you can go into a cave in the nude and do cave stuff while naked I guess

https://howecaverns.com/nic/

they used to take us there (not naked) in elementary school and it was the best because they had softball sized gobstoppers in the gift store