Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FAg8EkDiIXk

This poo poo is insane. These dudes, this guy in particular, like laugh as they get their bald rear end heads stuck inside caves.

I guess the theory is wherever they can get in they can get out the same way they came, but gently caress my life that is harrowing. I was doing a little cave crawling tour in Japan about 20 years ago, and a lady saw a snake in front of her and refused to move. I thought I would die in a tunnel that I couldn't stand up in. I've been claustrophobic ever since. Recently I started watching these dumb videos in the middle of the night and it keeps freaking me the gently caress out. Would you like to die in a hole like this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Going deep. Thank you.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Seems like a big metaphor for buttsex. :thunk:

Enfys
Feb 17, 2013

The ocean is calling and I must go

https://cavehaven.com/nutty-putty-cave-accident/

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

There's a place by my house where you can go into a cave in the nude and do cave stuff while naked I guess

https://howecaverns.com/nic/

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

This dude actually did a video and used his kid (nephew?) to relentlessly dunk on John Jones, which I found pretty distasteful, but whatever.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9JEv-ID48cg

Fredrik1
Jan 22, 2005

Gopherslayer
:rock:
Fallen Rib
This is probably the most uncomfortable I've been watching anything on the internet.

Wipfmetz
Oct 12, 2007

Sitzen ein oder mehrere Wipfe in einer Lore, so kann man sie ueber den Rand der Lore hinausschauen sehen.
Well, at least handling stuck caver divers is easy.

There's no disposal required, just pour some concrete into the cave and... done!

STABASS
Apr 18, 2009

Fun Shoe

RIP Jim Jimes, died in the Silly Willy Hole

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
No one ever dies while cave diving, it's just what they want you to think. Those are all bodies of people murdered and dumped. It's all a conspiracy.

Wipfmetz
Oct 12, 2007

Sitzen ein oder mehrere Wipfe in einer Lore, so kann man sie ueber den Rand der Lore hinausschauen sehen.
I like how the article just quietyly drops "was too narrow to pull him backward without breaking his legs" in some text within an image.

Wipfmetz fucked around with this message at 12:41 on Aug 13, 2022

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

Mammoth caves are small enough for me. Thanks.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
In my experience the majority of people die outside of caves

Wipfmetz
Oct 12, 2007

But it's more fun to die outside, that's why it's not as scary and not as dumb.

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

caves are stupid, we started living in houses for a reason. because they're dope and have internet in them.

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer
My superball rolled under the bed and i went after it and welp i've been stuck here for eight days. I hate it here

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Caves don't kill you, sudden stop at the end does

poopnanners
May 3, 2016

hey guys lets party

Panic! At The Tesco posted:

caves are stupid, we started living in houses for a reason. because they're dope and have internet in them.

hey everyone get a load of mr fancy homeowner over here. Too good for caves in his mansion on the hill.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
Remember the thai soccer kid cave that elon musk owned himself over

And then a goon in gbs had amazing takes on how disasters merely force human beings to violently rape each other pertaining to the topic

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

EorayMel posted:

And then a goon in gbs had amazing takes on how disasters merely force human beings to violently rape each other pertaining to the topic

As someone with horrible opinions, even that is too much for me.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Lmao that guy was such a poo poo poster

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

EorayMel posted:

:dogstare:
I suddenly feel very sane and full of optimism in comparison.

Pararoid
Dec 6, 2005

Te Waipounamu pride
Bullshit https://www.angelfire.com/trek/caver/

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug

Colonel Cancer posted:

Caves don't kill you, sudden stop at the end does

It could also be the slowly rising tide as you're stuck upside down in some dark hole unable to move your arms, imo.

ELTON JOHN
Feb 17, 2014
drat you know what is real hosed up

cave diving

like what the heck!

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug
You think that's weird wait till you hear that some people willingly jump out of air planes. While in the air!!!

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

Mooey Cow posted:

You think that's weird wait till you hear that some people willingly jump out of air planes. While in the air!!!

I would rather do that.

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.

haljordan posted:

There's a place by my house where you can go into a cave in the nude and do cave stuff while naked I guess

Voluntarily paying $85 to be in a cave with 350 other naked people lmao

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

If i wanted to be stuck underground, I'd kill myself and go to the funeral!

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer
The only thing i'll go into a cave for is a romantic tryst with a gelatinous cube

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Mooey Cow posted:

When something goes wrong air diving, do you also die over 48 hours in pitch dark as you can't breathe because cave walls strain against your chest, blood pools in your head and rescuers use you to test new and innovative ways to break one's legs?

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug

steinrokkan posted:

When something goes wrong air diving, do you also die over 48 hours in pitch dark as you can't breathe because cave walls strain against your chest, blood pools in your head and rescuers use you to test new and innovative ways to break one's legs?

Yeah but the default outcome when jumping out of an airplane is that you die, you have to actively do something to survive, but you can actually walk into most caves and live.

Fat Dan
Jul 10, 2022

HELLO

quote:

The cave was closed prior to Jones' death, but cavers had cut their way through the gated entrance

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

steinrokkan posted:

You could get stuck in the airplane bathroom moments before your jump idk :shrug:

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

ive been to a few tourist attraction caves that had like rails and stairwells and lighting systems built in and those were cool and good, but once in boy scouts we went to some hosed up little cave deep in the sierras where we in many points had rock walls pressing on every side of our bodies or had to flatten ourselves to a few inches and crawl through mud pressed under rock, with the only light being our flashlights. it was only like a mile or two of this and it never went very deep but it took hours to get through, it was so tight and narrow and dark and there were so many points of almost getting stuck (and this was when i was a kid and much skinnier) i have no interest in ever doing anything like that again

also it was a weird sort of cave because i dont remember seeing typical "cave stuff" like stalagmites or stalactites. there was no dripping water and not much liquid, though the ground was thick mud most of the way. it was more like a very tiny gap between two mountains

Earwicker fucked around with this message at 17:32 on Aug 13, 2022

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

steinrokkan posted:

When they were thinking how to get his dead body how they thought about cutting it in half and bringing it up in two pieces. Instead they decided to just leave it.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

Grem posted:

When they were thinking how to get his dead body how they thought about cutting it in half and bringing it up in two pieces. Instead they decided to just leave it.

that is what they have to do with people who die trying to climb everest as well, and now the mountain top is literally littered with corpses, some of which are now landmarks used by current climbers.

edit: i just googled to double check and there are still "over 200" bodies up there

Earwicker fucked around with this message at 17:56 on Aug 13, 2022

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

haljordan posted:

It's going to be all old dudes too.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Colonel Cancer posted:

You could get stuck in the airplane bathroom moments before your jump idk :shrug:

Hmm at least then when they flush you you get to turn into one of those airplane toilet icicles you hear about falling on people on the news

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

Caves are kinda cool but any fit that requires crouching/crawling for more than five minutes gets a definitive HELL NO from me. Leave that poo poo to the bugs and lizards and whatever else that are actually small enough to fit without having to work at it, or get a loving crew in to build a supporting ceiling so you can mine out the path to whatever the hell you're hoping to find on the other end of the crawlspace/deathtrap.