Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Kosmos
Mar 28, 2010

think of it like the "Who's Who" of genitals

I don't get why midjourney is so bad with Saabs, these all supposed to be Saab 900s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Captain Kosmos posted:

Iä! Iä! Cthulhu fhtagn! Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu Town&Country wgah'nagl fhtagn!

In Town and Country, Cthulhu lies dreaming?

Captain Kosmos
Mar 28, 2010

Darchangel posted:

In Town and Country, Cthulhu lies dreaming?

Yeah. Have even set up some candles to make it cosy, a lot better than the drafty R'lyeh.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

Captain Kosmos posted:

I don't get why midjourney is so bad with Saabs, these all supposed to be Saab 900s

These AI models aren't good at giving you copies of actual things be it people or objects unless they are VERY popular. Ask it for a Porsche 911 and it will give you almost-clones because the 911 is extremely popular and has been photographed so drat much so there is a ton training in the model, but it's also quite distinctive vs. any other car, a Porsche typically looks like a Porsche enough to make your brain go "yeah, Porsche". Unless you ask it for a 914 or a 989 or a 959 then you get weird 911s.

MidJourney is especially bad at this because it's a closed model, if you go with something like Stable Diffusion you get models and Loras people have made:

These AI systems being bad at giving clones of people and objects are it's absolute greatest strength to me because it adds in noise and unpredictability to the results and selfishly I want to see things that don't actually exist in the real world, but you can get what you want with a wee-bit of work. And not relying on something like MidJourney which is extremely good but like I said, closed, and you can reach in and tweak anything. It's strictly a slot machine where you yank the lever and see what comes out.

Captain Kosmos
Mar 28, 2010

KakerMix posted:

These AI models aren't good at giving you copies of actual things be it people or objects unless they are VERY popular. Ask it for a Porsche 911 and it will give you almost-clones because the 911 is extremely popular and has been photographed so drat much so there is a ton training in the model, but it's also quite distinctive vs. any other car, a Porsche typically looks like a Porsche enough to make your brain go "yeah, Porsche". Unless you ask it for a 914 or a 989 or a 959 then you get weird 911s.

MidJourney is especially bad at this because it's a closed model, if you go with something like Stable Diffusion you get models and Loras people have made:

These AI systems being bad at giving clones of people and objects are it's absolute greatest strength to me because it adds in noise and unpredictability to the results and selfishly I want to see things that don't actually exist in the real world, but you can get what you want with a wee-bit of work. And not relying on something like MidJourney which is extremely good but like I said, closed, and you can reach in and tweak anything. It's strictly a slot machine where you yank the lever and see what comes out.
I'm guessing that lots of the reference pictures come from stock images, cause pictures of nurses are almost always white, blond, and female, doctors are male and old and politicians are male.
Starter to use MidJourney cause it's "good" for making humans. Run Cthulhu RPG games and it's great for that, no more hours of searching for the perfect photo for the NPC I had in mind. Also making pictures of suspicious-looking mansions.

One thing I don't get is, why it has a problem making people lie down? They look like they have just rolled down stairs or are aliens trying to mimic humans lying down or something really weird.

These are all people lying down. Still, could use those in some other adventure where they are the last pictures in some found camera.

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

I dig that one.

Captain Kosmos
Mar 28, 2010

Finally, thanks Bing AI

Proud Captain Picard showing off his Chrysler Town & Country

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

Captain Kosmos posted:

Finally, thanks Bing AI

Proud Captain Picard showing off his Chrysler Town & Country

Hell yeah!

The Chat GPT version of Dall-E 3 has a giant advantage when it comes to Bing's version in that it can do aspect ratios. This includes tall images and wide ones, which is, I would argue, critical to getting correct looking things like VHS tapes or cars:

and since I was asking it to make me some other stuff, and this is all within a chatGPT prompt, you can ask it to combine things from before without re-typing it all out:

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

Dodge Omni GTR LM

Dodge Caravan WRC

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

I would buy the gently caress out of that cavavan

Joe Mama
May 10, 2008

VectorSigma posted:

Dodge Omni GTR LM

Not gonna lie. If I had gently caress You Money I would build this. Mid/rear engine with several hundred horsepower.

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

oscar meyer weinermobile but it's a 1929 4.5L "blower" bentley

I love that the last one, the license plate appears to say WEINZERR

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

Revisiting previous attempts, with DALL-E 3

Hadlock posted:

Can someone do an Art Deco styled Citroen H-Van? Like, mostly photorealistic, but styled art deco?

Hadlock posted:

Also while I'm wishing for ponies, how about an Art Deco aston martin DB5, and maybe also an Art Nouveau DB5. Bonus points if you can render it in a James Bond 60s movie poster style

Hadlock posted:

a vintage single-seat dirt track Aston Martin db5 racecar, being worked on in an old timber workshop surrounded by tools and with dim lighting and old vintage signs on the wall

a side view of vintage racecar front end looks like a Porsche 356 and back half looks like a Citroen ds, being worked on in an old timber workshop surrounded by tools and with dim lighting and old vintage signs on the wall

Citroen DS rally car mixed with a Porsche Cyber 356

Hadlock posted:

"Jesus building my hot rod"

Hadlock posted:

"a Victorian era of the Batmobile"

quote:

a Victorian era of the Batmobile, barroque motifs, insanely detailed, uhd, perfect composition, beautiful detailed intricate insanely detailed octane render trending on artstation, 8 k artistic photography, photorealistic concept art, soft natural volumetric cinematic perfect light, chiaroscuro, award - winning photograph, masterpiece, oil on canvas, raphael, caravaggio, greg rutkowski, beeple, beksinski, giger

Hadlock posted:

"vintage grand prix race car, 1927 era, race track, Suzuka Circuit, pre war era, open wheel racer, "campbells soup can" red and white livery, Halftone"

more edit: turning off the style helped a lot, frank lloyd wright 959

Hadlock posted:

AI art god: give me Cthulhu town and country

Captain Kosmos
Mar 28, 2010

Drift Town & Country. Looks like its from Innsmouth

It looks like Bing/DALL-E understands Saab a little bit better. The Last Turbo Interceptor.

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

Red 1990 honda civic sliding backwards into hell

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

Jonny Nox posted:

a steampunk modified range rover from fury road that has a machine gun turret on the roof. post-apocalyptic land rover. shiny and chrome. war boys. mad max. photograph. film grain. volumetric lighting, F8, Kodachrome, wide angle.
Steps: 50, Sampler: Euler a, CFG scale: 9, Seed: 3045575455, Size: 768x512, Denoising strength: 0.7

2023 version

A steampunk modified landrover defender out of Mad Max with a machine gun turret on the roof in a desert in the evening

edit: not sure what most of the greeblies on that truck would do, nor how the machine gun would actually work. VERY steampunk.

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

Not mine, but mildly interesting

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

photo of a car shaped and styled like an avocado

photo of a car shaped and styled like angry jealousy

photo of a car shaped and styled like it's compensating for something

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Hadlock posted:

Revisiting previous attempts, with DALL-E 3

Isn't the Citroen van already Art Deco? Ish?

quote:

These are amazing.

quote:

Cyberpunk 2077 DS.

quote:

Yes, please.

quote:

Non-Euclidian intake...

quote:

These are amazing. Especially that third one. Make that black with some gold details, and that's a solid, actual, Victorian Batmobile.

Jonny Nox posted:

2023 version

A steampunk modified landrover defender out of Mad Max with a machine gun turret on the roof in a desert in the evening

edit: not sure what most of the greeblies on that truck would do, nor how the machine gun would actually work. VERY steampunk.

Uh, drat. It did a good job on that one.

TIP posted:

photo of a car shaped and styled like an avocado

photo of a car shaped and styled like angry jealousy

photo of a car shaped and styled like it's compensating for something

LO-freaking-L.

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

Testing to see how dalle-3 handles some of my standbys

modern interpetation of a citroen ds

modern interpetation of a traction avant

I thought that looked a lot like a regular one, but a little offroady. I thought maybe dall-e 3 was interpeting the traction avant as a sort of jeep gladiatior thing, maybe

A citroen traction avant designed by jeep in 2023

A traction avant mixed with a jeep gladiator

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

I would drive this in the wasteland, shiny and chrome

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
After messing with Dall-E 3 back to back with MidJourney, I've come to the conclusion that while the text interpretation of Dall-E 3 is really good in that it will follow what you ask of it quite well, it just simply can't, or won't, do photograph renderings of cars on their own. The dogs racing through the sand I posted is Dall-E 3, it's great for that. It can do 'real' cars quite well sure, but if I wanted a picture of a real car I could just...look at a picture of a real car. I want to get these things to make poo poo that doesn't exist at all, and for that MidJourney just can't be beat. Stable Diffusion XL is decently good at this too, but requires a lot of tweaking to get something really good looking. For control Stable Diffusion running inside photoshop is king. But if you just want to mess around and generate fully-baked images without tweaking it's still MidJourney.

Plus Midjourney just added the ability to do x2 and x4 upscales:

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

I dig a lot of those. I definitely see a first gen Toronado variant in there, which is very cool.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

quote:

It's a cross between an earlyToronado Lincoln MK and Pontiac. I love it.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
Midjourney V6 is out in testing and wouldn't you know it, more vehicles!!!!

All upscaled.
We're getting ever so closer. Still weirdness, but it's getting harder to tell. Interiors now are pretty good usually, windshield wipers and wheel spokes are less miss than before. The upscaling seems to give a lot of the images an artificially grainy aspect beyond the vintage look.

EDIT bonus:

KakerMix fucked around with this message at 10:53 on Dec 22, 2023

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Man, it is getting better.
Several of those look like they could really be Lincoln or Cadillac concept cars from the 60s/70s, and recognizable Ferrari shapes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

KakerMix posted:

EDIT bonus:

It's not quite the same aesthetic but this reminds me of Vette! by Sphere.