Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
For a moment I thought Deku and Bakugo were holding hands.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
Give it time, and I'm sure someone will make that edit.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

lol that Iida isnt even included anymore

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

At least they remembered Ochako this time

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Waffleman_ posted:

At least they remembered Ochako this time

The temptation to make a "Hey, who's the chick" joke was there.

Gazaar
Mar 23, 2005

.txt
I hope the grenade gauntlets are gone for good.

pointlessone
Aug 6, 2001

The Triad Frog is pleased with this custom title purchase.
I do appreciate that some of the outfits are quickly evolving from Megaman robot masters to reasonably functional super suits.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

I hope the grenade tanks are replaced with something even more comical, like tanks shaped like giant sticks of dynamite strapped together with a small clock on them.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

It was mostly just a recap episode but the anime’s back for Season 7 now FYI

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

The entire month is going to be recap episodes, the season doesn't actually begin until May 4.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NlV3VpM2fNA

Trailer for the new movie dropped. Guess the bad guy is just going by the name Dark Might. I like the look of his goon squad at least.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Waffleman_ posted:

The entire month is going to be recap episodes, the season doesn't actually begin until May 4.

Yeah this a 4 episode recap series called Boku no Hero Academia: Memories

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Rhonne posted:

Guess the bad guy is just going by the name Dark Might.
All Fright was right there.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

I would not be afraid of a villain named All Flight. Sounds like a coward.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

oh jay posted:

I would not be afraid of a villain named All Flight. Sounds like a coward.

I mean, Norville Rogers is a coward too, and I do not want to start a fight with that guy.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

chiasaur11 posted:

I mean, Norville Rogers is a coward too, and I do not want to start a fight with that guy.

HERO NAME: SHAGGY
QUIRK: SHAGGY

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nBc4U_R3yEY

ftw

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

Is this season going to be available on Hulu, or did that go up in flames along with Funimation?

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
I'm now fully caught up, and have a small prediction based off of Deku's new take on Shigaraki, from his return to the line he used of Bakugo right at the start "[he] looked like he was asking for help"

At the start, All Might was known for reassuring the audience/civillians that a situation was in hand because "It's all right now, because I am here!" in a very self-aggrandising way, very "Trust me to defeat this villain!"

By the end of the show, Deku is going to use that phrase, but differently. Because he'll be talking to Shigaraki, and reassuring him that "It's going to be OK, because I'm here for YOU"

(I haven't read the Manga at all, this is purely speculation based off of how the anime presents him, especially given he clearly wishes he'd known the villains better so that he could be there for them instead of just punching them)

Also I loved the Exhausted!Deku episodes because it's all his strengths and weaknesses coming to the fore at once. He's mastered One-for-All so thoroughly that he's unstoppable, and that's now a bad thing because he needed his teachers and friends to stop him because of his severe self-sacrificing streak. Also because they kept One-for-All so secret it has now backfired as Deku has lost public trust because all they know is that he's now displaying multiple quirks, and the only person publically known to be able to do that is All-for-One and the Nomus so what are they supposed to think? Finally, he's lost all ability to be reassuring as he's now completely zombified by his exhaustion, leaking blackwhip because he is too tired to control it properly and basically looking like a horror character more than a superhero, especially with the rabbit costume hiding all identifying features.

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

BioEnchanted posted:

I'm now fully caught up, and have a small prediction based off of Deku's new take on Shigaraki, from his return to the line he used of Bakugo right at the start "[he] looked like he was asking for help"

At the start, All Might was known for reassuring the audience/civillians that a situation was in hand because "It's all right now, because I am here!" in a very self-aggrandising way, very "Trust me to defeat this villain!"

By the end of the show, Deku is going to use that phrase, but differently. Because he'll be talking to Shigaraki, and reassuring him that "It's going to be OK, because I'm here for YOU"

(I haven't read the Manga at all, this is purely speculation based off of how the anime presents him, especially given he clearly wishes he'd known the villains better so that he could be there for them instead of just punching them)

Also I loved the Exhausted!Deku episodes because it's all his strengths and weaknesses coming to the fore at once. He's mastered One-for-All so thoroughly that he's unstoppable, and that's now a bad thing because he needed his teachers and friends to stop him because of his severe self-sacrificing streak. Also because they kept One-for-All so secret it has now backfired as Deku has lost public trust because all they know is that he's now displaying multiple quirks, and the only person publically known to be able to do that is All-for-One and the Nomus so what are they supposed to think? Finally, he's lost all ability to be reassuring as he's now completely zombified by his exhaustion, leaking blackwhip because he is too tired to control it properly and basically looking like a horror character more than a superhero, especially with the rabbit costume hiding all identifying features.

"Dark Deku" is definitely a highlight of Season 6 and a great way to end the season.

And your prediction sounds like it could be right on the money. All Might vs. All for One being the part of the show I've rewatched most, I always remember the flashback to Nana talking about how a Heros should smile because if someone needs rescuing it's because they've been through something horrible. Well, Tomura has definitely been through some horrible things and needs (moral) rescuing. Deku can be that kind of Hero. As far as we know, All Might never really was. Not that he was some Punisher type or anything, it just wasn't what he was interested in or needed for.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
It would be quite funny for one of the more benign villains to get their tragic backstory thrown back in their face. Like Spinner whines about how he didn't fit in because of being a lizard boi, then that giant bunny girl that Deku rescued is just like "Oh please, I nearly got lynched 6 months ago and you don't see me taking to murder!"

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
I like how one of Deku's first attempts to do combat therapy was with Muscular who was just like "killing is fun I've never even heard of trauma"

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

christmas boots posted:

I like how one of Deku's first attempts to do combat therapy was with Muscular who was just like "killing is fun I've never even heard of trauma"
I do genuinely like that the conversation with muscular was pretty to the point.

"Hey are you like this for any particular reason? Why do you do this? I'm being reasonable here."
"Oh, it's nothing personal I just loving love fighting and killing with my quirk. I got no beef with you, the fight I had with you kicked rear end even though I lost. I'm not changing my mind."
"Okay then."

Then he beats him.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

My thoughts on Eri is that she'll basically become an emergency service long term after she is fully licensed in about 14 years - whenever a quirk comes out with a devastating effect, like a kid burning his own mouth off with acid spit that he's not immune to, or another Shigaraki situation with someone accidentally hurting a family member, she'll take notice, show up, use her reversal to mitigate the damage if she can and then offer to lock the quirk away the way that the bullets do, with the option in mind to reverse them again and bring it back if they ever want to try it again and see if they can control it this time. That seems to fit her personality and vibe. Also she's the best and it's nice to see her making progress.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

FYI, Season 7 properly begins this Saturday should anyone feel like making a new thread

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

So, not on Hulu then.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
I've been doing a re-watch of the anime in preparation for the new season, I was just going to watch the first season and then skip ahead to the latest season but ended up watching the entire thing, lol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

I've been doing a re-watch of the anime in preparation for the new season, I was just going to watch the first season and then skip ahead to the latest season but ended up watching the entire thing, lol.