Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

It's finally back! Things are getting serious as the League of Villains makes a move into all-out war!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Y_eKiT-irU

Izuku "Deku" Midoriya (Daiki Yamashita, Justin Briner)
Quirk: One For All
So One For All is a bunch of different powers now! Wow! Neat!

Toshinori "All Might" Yagi (Kenta Miyake, Chris Sabat)
Quirk: One For All Quirkless
Hey, how come All Might never had all these cool powers? Did he even see the ghosts?!

Katsuki "Lord Explosion Murder" Bakugo (Nobuhiko Okamoto, Clifford Chapin)
Quirk: Explosion
I guess Bakuho has gotten a bit closer to Deku and Todoroki after their internship and movie, but he's still kind of a jerk.

Shoto "Shoto" Todoroki) (Yuki Kaji, David Matranga)
Quirk: Half-Cold Half-Hot
Icy Hot here has somehow become a main character. He's....I guess dealing with his dad and all that nonsense.

Tomura Shigaraki (Kōki Uchiyama, Eric Vale)
Quirk: Disintegration
Hey, Tomura got a whole bunch of friends last season! What's he gonna do with them now?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flesnolk
Apr 11, 2012
-

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
(Left)
Aster L. Pythagus
"PigFace"
Quirk: adopts porcine features when excited!
Drawback: Allergic to pork

(Right)
Durbrock Pleto
"Thalidobro"
Quirk: Metabolic mutation of limbs!
Drawback: overuse renders the limb numb

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

I'm really excited for this. 2 perfect seasons, 2 very good seasons, and only one misstep. That's an amazing average and I can't wait to see where the story goes from here.

This will probably always be my favorite MHA OP
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ieT6Vh7jZE

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

I wasn't as down on the previous season as most folks here were so I'm looking forward to watching this new season (once it all wraps up that is, I feel like the show works significantly better for me when I can watch it at my own pace instead of waiting a week).

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Here's the new OP and ED

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6BrHcmH3Gyk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IinvpMBoPSo

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Seven idiots and a bear walk into a dragon's lair.

The comic art style on that opening kicks rear end.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

The opening is good, but lol at the rest of the class only being featured in a single group shot.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Haven't seen the first episode yet but did they start with another recap/anime exclusive thing or did they just jump right back into the story?

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
The opening is really good! Probably one of the few really good OPs the series has had.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying

Larryb posted:

Haven't seen the first episode yet but did they start with another recap/anime exclusive thing or did they just jump right back into the story?
There's a very short recap right at the start of the episode and then it jumps right into the hospital assault.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Electric Phantasm posted:

The opening is good, but lol at the rest of the class only being featured in a single group shot.

Was Ochako even in that opening?

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Yeah that group shot of the other students is from a specific scene, so the kids not in that group just don't appear in the OP.

Oh well.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

That's probably plot related?

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

I hope there's some good, well animated fight scenes

Flesnolk
Apr 11, 2012
Maybe in earlier seasons, but you won't get those anymore

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

Oh, word? Got any other insider info?

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

is this Overhaul vs Deku

Yawgmoft
Nov 15, 2004
More plot happened in this episode than in entire other seasons of this show.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Yawgmoft posted:

More plot happened in this episode than in entire other seasons of this show.
Bones is going to have to try really, really hard to not do plot this season or move things around in weird, confusing ways. Also hopefully there isn't another movie secretly in production at the moment so some moments might actually get a little love? who knows.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
I eat my hat because this was a great episode and I have some inkling of hope now.

Although hah, fools, obviously it was a Mud Clone! will probably get way too much play

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Was extremely surprised that this episode wasn't much of a recap (beyond the plot of last season) and poo poo popped off immediately. Of course, considering the arc, it's gonna be popping off all loving season so hopefully we can maintain the energy.

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime
was a good first episode! I haven't read the manga but it felt like it was pretty much pure adaptation based on how quickly poo poo got real

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
i'm really digging the ending for this season. probably my favorite so far

anyway, nice to see a bit more dynamism in the animation than the last season. let's hope they keep it up

i burst out laughing when i saw that shot. i could hear the gilligan's island intro song going "...and the rest!" as they took a half second to cram everyone in between the multiple shots of deku, bakugo, and todoroki

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

One of the series' worst flaws to me - also kind of its only major one - is not developing the supporting cast like it should.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

And it’s not much of a spoiler to say that’s never really going to change unfortunately (for some more than others to be fair)

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

I watch the OP anime, the OP dub at that, so I know I'm far behind, but Ace must have died a long, long time ago, right? Yet he's still in Top 10 popularity polls.

Poor All Might "merely" loses his powers and receives a lesser role in the narrative/action yet he drops off the list. How unfair. Then again, Japan loves Hiei, so obviously their taste is very questionable.

I hope the MHA dub is only one weak behind. I'm just entertaining myself till then.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

It's because Ace is hot OP

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Man, Jiro in the top ten . Good times.

Delphisage
Jul 31, 2022

by the sex ghost

NikkolasKing posted:

I watch the OP anime, the OP dub at that, so I know I'm far behind, but Ace must have died a long, long time ago, right? Yet he's still in Top 10 popularity polls.

Pretty boys have long, LONG lasting staying power in character polls. It's because Ace is so popular that we have Sabo at all, or at least have Sabo the way he's presented in Dressrosa. The two characters pretty much feed on each other's popularity.

RevolverDivider
Nov 12, 2016

Hiei rules what the gently caress

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime

NikkolasKing posted:

Poor All Might "merely" loses his powers and receives a lesser role in the narrative/action yet he drops off the list. How unfair. Then again, Japan loves Hiei, so obviously their taste is very questionable.

I hope the MHA dub is only one weak behind. I'm just entertaining myself till then.

it's kinda wild looking at the # of participants per year for each show.

OP goes from having ~50,000 votes total to luffy alone having 1,700,000 in 4 years. that is loving insane lol

also i had no idea black clover was that popular. it has like 10x the total votes that mha does.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Tabletops posted:

it's kinda wild looking at the # of participants per year for each show.

OP goes from having ~50,000 votes total to luffy alone having 1,700,000 in 4 years. that is loving insane lol

also i had no idea black clover was that popular. it has like 10x the total votes that mha does.

The last OP Poll is an outlier because it was a worldwide popularity poll online that you could vote for one character every day for like 2 months. That's why the results are so high.

Delphisage
Jul 31, 2022

by the sex ghost

Julias posted:

The last OP Poll is an outlier because it was a worldwide popularity poll online that you could vote for one character every day for like 2 months. That's why the results are so high.

The next OP poll is also going to be international, isn't it?

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
No clue

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Julias posted:

What about the 2021 and 2022 Black Clover polls.

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

The new episode is up and frankly Mirko should have been the #1 hero over Endeavor. Takes Endeavor AND Hawks to take down one High End but Mirko ganks two of them inside a minute? Queen poo poo.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

everything about Mirko kicked major rear end in this episode

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Haven’t seen it yet but out of curiosity, how much did the anime tone down the violence during Mirko’s fight here as I remember it being pretty graphic in the manga version?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Larryb posted:

Haven’t seen it yet but out of curiosity, how much did the anime tone down the violence during Mirko’s fight here as I remember it being pretty graphic in the manga version?

It didn’t!