Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kaosdrachen
Aug 15, 2011
EDIT: Update at the bottom of last page.

Yeah, the aliens' tech advantage in space, especially early on, is ridiculous.

Don't expect your ships to be any more than target practice for them for another decade at the least unless you bring *masses* of them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheGreatEvilKing
Mar 28, 2016

I think most early game anti alien ships run copperhead missiles or green lasers.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN

TheGreatEvilKing posted:

I think most early game anti alien ships run copperhead missiles or green lasers.

Missile spam is the way to go. Usually with one or two seriously beefy defense ships out front to absorb as much damage as possible so your missile bois can survive.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

TheGreatEvilKing posted:

I used ridiculous amounts of rattler missiles on over magazined boats,

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN

AtomikKrab posted:

I used ridiculous amounts of rattler missiles on over magazined boats,

Hell that could be late game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Hero of the soviet union.
Accidental destroyer of planets

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCqKdsw8hPY

My plan to merge countries continues!

Shame I don;t have much to actually deal with the Aliens.....