Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

fart simpson posted:

your not going to be able to just sit around watching netflix like you do now

you don't know that for sure

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

err
Apr 11, 2005

I carry my own weight no matter how heavy this shit gets...
The nuke talk has cooled a bit. Glad to be alive in Amerika for another day.

kazmeyer
Jul 26, 2001

'Cause we're the good guys.

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

there was a fun event here a few years ago when some computer glitch caused all the (tornado) sirens aross the metropolitan region to go off at midnight on a clear night with no bad weather and stay on for about an hour

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s3KmDtsaQBY

When I was a kid back in the 1980s, I remember our local cable provider blanking all their channels and going to one of those Amiga text screens, CIVIL DEFENSE EMERGENCY, THIS IS NOT A DRILL, REMAIN IN PLACE AND AWAIT INSTRUCTIONS FROM AUTHORITIES all that good stuff. I sat there on the couch, convinced that the Russians had launched the missiles, as a minute went by, then two, then three, then a voice came on.

"Oh. Oops."

Back to normal programming.

(The giveaway, of course, is they never played the tones. Still terrified the poo poo out of me.)

goochtit
Nov 2, 2021

Posadism wins again
https://twitter.com/BNONews/status/1593447759423901698