Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

If to live in this style is to be eccentric, it must be confessed that there is something good in eccentricity.

Grimey Drawer

K8.0 posted:

Realistically I'm more free today than I am any of those other times. If we get a third who wants to spend some time expanding today, I'm down.

e - for that matter, I'm down to duo it. My weekend schedule has completely collapsed, so I really don't have anything better to do.

Depends on if RabbitWizard is okay with us playing without them. I don't anticipate they'll miss a lot though. How about in an hour or two at 18:00 or 19:00 CEST?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Her Majesty's 56th Regiment of Foot
Works for me.

RabbitWizard
Oct 21, 2008

Muldoon

Shadow0 posted:

Depends on if RabbitWizard is okay with us playing without them. I don't anticipate they'll miss a lot though. How about in an hour or two at 18:00 or 19:00 CEST?
Sure, you can play without me! I may be able to join later, let's see.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

RabbitWizard posted:

only 8 hours in and we are already maybe nearly close to stop hand farming in another hour or two

i dont know what any of this means but looking forward to the edited breakdown updates

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

Sally posted:

i dont know what any of this means but looking forward to the edited breakdown updates

From that one picture and never having played the game I can tell it means they spent 8 hours holding the space bar to fight trash mobs in the starting area to farm up resources needed to get to the point where you'd normally be within half an hour of playing.

These are all assumptions and maybe it was a hilarious 8 hour funfest instead, which I genuinely hope.

(USER WAS GIVEN A PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Somebody fucked around with this message at 17:02 on Oct 23, 2022

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

If to live in this style is to be eccentric, it must be confessed that there is something good in eccentricity.

Grimey Drawer

Geemer posted:

From that one picture and never having played the game I can tell it means they spent 8 hours holding the space bar to fight trash mobs in the starting area to farm up resources needed to get to the point where you'd normally be within half an hour of playing.

These are all assumptions and maybe it was a hilarious 8 hour funfest instead, which I genuinely hope.

*10.5 hour

I had fun at least, haha. There was definitely more to it, but some farming did happen. I don't think it was so bad. Also, you occasionally had to click to heal!
The recording is pretty long and I didn't have time to edit it today, so it might be a bit before I upload the Cliffnotes version of the playthrough.

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Game is back up! :toot:

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

You think a mere spirit bomb can stop me?!

Some jerkwad moved my stuff in kitty jail!

Shadow0 posted:

*10.5 hour

I had fun at least, haha. There was definitely more to it, but some farming did happen. I don't think it was so bad. Also, you occasionally had to click to heal!
The recording is pretty long and I didn't have time to edit it today, so it might be a bit before I upload the Cliffnotes version of the playthrough.

I'm pretty interested in seeing it. Good luck editing it down.

RabbitWizard
Oct 21, 2008

Muldoon

Shadow0 posted:

Game is back up! :toot:
How was it? Did you manage to launch the rocket?

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

Grimey Drawer

RabbitWizard posted:

Uhhh... :mildpanic:

We'll need at least one more session. Or maybe a few more...
I'm thinking the next session can 2022/Oct/28 at 20:00 Central European Summer Time. I guess daylight savings still hasn't ended or started or whatever it does yet.
I also realize now that I somehow formatted the dates in the OP as YYYY/DD/MM, which is somehow the worst format I could have chosen. :confuoot: All that after praising the logic of YYYY/MM/DD! smh...

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Her Majesty's 56th Regiment of Foot

RabbitWizard posted:

Biters evolve and you still only get 2 resources per kill. Flamethrowers kill the small number of medium biters reasonably effectively for now but it's back to having to be manually involved in farming since flamethrowers mean no belts and also significant damage to walls if unattended.

The way that the mechanics and scaling of this mod works, I think we would really need like 5-6 players to be able to get to the point where lasers making actually automating things possible again. The fact that you only get a tiny trickle of resources from each patch compared to vanilla, and that they require a fairly immense ongoing resource cost until you have lasers, mean that unless you have a large group of people meleeing biters from the start to accrue resources fast enough to beat the evolution timer, it's going to be very difficult. Our use of resources wasn't ever really scaling-focused or efficient, which is really crippling. It's definitely still physically possible to make it to endgame, but the margins are probably quite thin now as there isn't a ton of time before medium biters make up a significant portion of enemy spawns. I think that necessitates having a few people dedicated to farming oil from different patches with several other people expanding to collect other resources from other patches.

Basically, IMO next session pretty much requires more than 3 people. We might be able to do it with 4, but I think 5-6 is probably more realistic since we will definitely continue being suboptimal and burning a lot of resources. This mod was clearly designed to have like 8-10 or even more people just meleeing biters for a couple hours at the start. Awful design but wygd.

Personally, that's the middle of the day for me and IDK if I can make it. OTOH I did just gently caress up my back, so I may actually be around on Friday.

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Shadow0 posted:

I'm thinking the next session can 2022/Oct/28 at 20:00 Central European Summer Time.

Are there people available today in 1~3 hours?

Regallion
Nov 11, 2012

Really not a good place to ask, since not everyone checks the forums regularly~ you either schedule it, ask in advance or use something like a discord where you can ping people.
Heck i saw the post only now, which is exactly 3 hours later~

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Regallion posted:

Really not a good place to ask, since not everyone checks the forums regularly~ you either schedule it, ask in advance or use something like a discord where you can ping people.
Heck i saw the post only now, which is exactly 3 hours later~

I did though. :P

Shadow0 posted:

I'm thinking the next session can 2022/Oct/28 at 20:00 Central European Summer Time. I guess daylight savings still hasn't ended or started or whatever it does yet.

I reached out to the people whose Discords I have as well.

I'm still free if we've got enough engineers; I don't need to wake up at any time tomorrow, so I'm still good to go.

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

Grimey Drawer
We still need goons who want to and can play. PM me your Discord name so we can arrange things easier if you're still checking this thread. I only have a few of you on Discord.

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

Grimey Drawer
We have reached nuclear power! ☢️
We've gotten lasers and even bots!

Now we're converting the nuclear biters into lasers. :weed:

It's been an incredibly long journey, but things are getting much more stable now and it looks like we'll be able to actually win against the hordes and beat the scenario. :black101:

But we're not done yet.
And I already have so, so many hours of footage I will need to edit... :sweatdrop:

It's been a lot of fun though. :)

Regallion
Nov 11, 2012

when did THAT happen O_O

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Regallion posted:

when did THAT happen O_O

Something like 19 hours after you left. :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

Grimey Drawer
It is done.