Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.
I haven't had the chance to watch the episode, but is there going to be a twelfth? I was concerned that calling episode 11 "DIY means do it yourself" meant it was the final episode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GloomMouse
Mar 6, 2007

At least she's finally accepted her True Name

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

There should be one more episode left.

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

There's definitely one more episode left, we haven't seen the Roof yet, after all.

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009

Zeruel posted:

I haven't had the chance to watch the episode, but is there going to be a twelfth? I was concerned that calling episode 11 "DIY means do it yourself" meant it was the final episode.

There's a preview image and title for episode 12 at the end so we should be good

GloomMouse
Mar 6, 2007

I'm going to miss this chill and wholesome show

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
What a sweet series.

Popo
Apr 24, 2008

Homestuck is a true work of art surpassing all of Shakespeare's works.
Excessively sweet and nice. The exact kind of cosy series the doctor called for.

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

This show made me smile :unsmith:

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
Probably my favorite show of the season, which is saying a lot given how stacked this season was

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime
The little tsundere support group moment was amazing

Overall great ending. Loved this chill show.

Roxors
Feb 18, 2011
A really fun show. It feels so bittersweet to see the ending. I hope it did well enough that we see more of these characters, but I am happy with what we got, which was a cute happy slice of life at a DIY club.

I'm going to miss this group of goofballs.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

The second half just being Purin and Serafu making stuff was just a great way to end the show. Good stuff!

Doodles
Apr 14, 2001
This was the perfect chill slice-of-life show this year, and I hope it gets some recognition when Best-of-the-year articles come out.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
What an ending. Definitely tied up a bunch of stuff and kind of elevated the whole series in my mind.

Just a really touching and chill little series

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Best ED of the season too

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

just finished this up and drat am i gonna miss the antics of this club. good fuckin show

Popo
Apr 24, 2008

Homestuck is a true work of art surpassing all of Shakespeare's works.
I'm doing the last stretch now but this is all lead up to a Sunflower Girls anime, right?

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

I’m posting this in like 5 places because the season is stacked but I’m going to miss this great show!

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

That ED hits a little different in the final episode. So happy I gave this show a chance.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
A nice comfy show, and the relationship between Purin, Serufu, and Jobko was nice. I do wish there was some more focus on the other characters so they didn't feel so one note, as well as a bigger emphasis on how they constructed various things and especially on Personal Safety, but I still enjoyed my time watching this.

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
https://twitter.com/hadekan_/status/1604357764553195520?t=LL1L-c7teLCJ9H4ZvSSyOA&s=19

Searching the diy tag on Twitter and its good

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zSLlX4czsZA

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.
caught up with DIY 11 and 12. it was a nice chill show with great music and a nice aesthetic. RIP gen1 club house though.

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

I can see them repairing the old clubhouse after getting their hands on more lumber. The treehouse seems more like it's for hanging out while the clubhouse is where work gets done.

Very good fluffy show that I hope has encouraged some folks to give DIY projects a shot. Definitely my favorite this season.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Yeah the club room is where they keep all the tools. They'll probably fix the place up as they get more materials.

I like that swing they built. It's great that it's a two seater.

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.
Watched this all in the last week or so (couple episodes a day) and I don't have a ton to say about it that other people haven't already said, but I remembered liking the PV before this insane season started and I'm glad I was reminded the show existed, even if it took 3 months to happen.

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
https://twitter.com/diy_anime/status/1609202773165330432?t=rZDfgVWm_WmcU53lZuigFQ&s=19

Hoppy New Year from Yua and Meat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

Sharing some recent DIY

Coxswain Balls posted:

Helped a friend turn a bunch of 9mm into a serpentine. Not bad for neither of us having any experience with brass casting (or any metal, really). Original is the tarnished one, wooden one is the mold.

He's in touch with a bunch of museums and historical armories back in Japan and they're all excited to help out. He's going to use as many old processes as possible (including making the black powder and matchcord) while restoring the tanegashima that's been in his family for a couple hundred years, and then write a paper about it. At the start of the process he mocked up the missing parts with wood to get an idea of how to go about fabricating the real ones. He also brought back a second really beat up stock to start with. Makes a hell of a display piece in his office.

I have a feeling once we get to the barrel we're going to have to bite the bullet and contact a regular barrel manufacturer, but no luck so far. He's contacted a few shops in the US but they declined because the barrel profile is apparently thicker than the blanks you'd use for a historical Western matchlock. I gave him a few shops in Canada to try contacting, but I don't think modern barrel manufacture processes work well to get that octagonal profile.

I do have another friend who's been wanting to build a forge for a while, if we can also DIY the barrel that'd be even cooler. Are there any articles about making old, forged barrels like that to see how it was done? We're trying to find info on that in the piles of scanned scrolls he's been provided from the academics back home but transcribing those has been its own laborious process.