Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

poverty goat posted:

it takes me 5 hours to watch a 2 hour movie with subtitles because I have ADHD and have to constantly rewind to catch up on dialog I missed when i looked away

it's the worst. I never give english language media my full undivided attention

Be like me watch it at like 30% on your laptop while surfing the internet and miss things some of which might be important.

AARD VARKMAN posted:

i have subs on everything even if it's in English because i have hosed up hearing so it really doesn't matter !!!!!!

Pirating means you'll less likely to get subs because of webrips and people who think it's like 20 years ago and think subtitles take up too much space. They also have a pretty poo poo track record for forced subs.

Duck and Cover fucked around with this message at 22:46 on Oct 13, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

If only Seth would love me like I love him!

Hell yeah

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

[BICURIOUS SYNTH MUSIC]

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
fun fact before they dubbed Darth Vader w/ James Earl Jones' voice he sounded like Ned Flanders

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

didn't the original guy get super butthurt about it too or something?

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug
Early in the development, Lucas toyed with the idea of having everyone talk Japanese with subtitles and apparently even went as far as sending a casting inquiry to Toshiro Mifune to play Obi-Wan Kenobi.

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

tune the FM in to static and pretend that its the sea
I always have subtitles on because I live in an apt and stuff tends to go from EXPLOSIONS AND YELLING to people whispering 2 seconds later and I would never know what's being said otherwise

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Your neighbors deserve to know what kind of anime you watch. Don't deny them the high pitched foreign dialogue!

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

Revins posted:

I always have subtitles on because I live in an apt and stuff tends to go from EXPLOSIONS AND YELLING to people whispering 2 seconds later and I would never know what's being said otherwise

my anxiety rising with the amount of explosions

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug
My neighbors are always loving real loud. Well i don't know if they are strictly loving or what they're doing to each other, there's a lot of whimpering and moaning and yelps coming through the walls. They could stand to hear some drat explosions is all i'm saying.

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

Well at least one of them is probably exploding

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons
Where do I vote "goku"

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
Reminder Sub Goku sounds like a little baby girl child.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Yeah and your point?

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

Animeniacs

Bobcats
Aug 5, 2004
Oh
Equal parts respect and disgust for people who learned Japanese primarily for anime.

I exist in the lesser stratum of human experience that, deep breath, will never be able to grasp the fullness of the director’s intention for a 1987 anime that only exists as a videotaped copy of the broadcast including commercials that only aired at midnight in one region about some basically proprietary Japanese thing like “country life” or whatever that had its season ended halfway through so we’ll never know what happened with the missing milk crate, deep breath because I didn’t learn Japanese.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Private Cumshoe posted:

fun fact before they dubbed Darth Vader w/ James Earl Jones' voice he sounded like Ned Flanders

Actually he sounded more like Wurzel Gummage. Because of the actor playing him's big West Country accent.

Edit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQFho0_G1VI

BrigadierSensible fucked around with this message at 07:43 on Oct 14, 2022

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

Colonel Cancer posted:

Yeah and your point?

Adult Swim did this as an April Fool's.
Sub Goku is an April Fool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU