Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Heather Papps

hello friend

wait so you've never even once stirred the pot or rocked the boat?

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

How Wonderful!

I only have excellent ideas
I stir the pot all the time but I'd be too scared to rock the boat

-sig by Manifisto! goblin by Khanstant! News and possum by deep dish peat moss!

Heather Papps

hello friend

it helps if there are lifejackets under the seats, or if you're good at swimming

Escape From Noise

Heather Papps posted:

the show is really good, i didn't read the manga myself but i have seen the single panel of the "i made this ashtray" a few times and decided to find the whole thing. the gag of the show is done twice with vastly different voice actors is kind of genius,

i

am

a fan

Lol. The cycling voice actors is funny. Apparently, they get a lot of very famous voice actors to do it and it's different people every time.

Stoner Sloth

I think my av is self explanatory, I will be taking no further questions at this time.

Okay so I only joined SA a few years back (i'd lurked the publicly open part of the forums for a bit) and I decided to join. Coincidentally I'd just been part of a paid study into ads that they could run against marijuana :grin: anyways I took that money and signed up which made me think of this classic series of australian anti-weed ads, hence my user name.

So after I signed up I went into BYOB and was talking about toxins and even made a thread about them. I mentioned that I'd looked after a marine biology lab many years ago and told the story of George, a blue ring octopus that I looked after who one night managed to climb out of his tank and into the one below it (the tanks were on big racks like shelves) and ate all the fish that were part of someone's graduate project. Between that, my interest in books and weed, someone very kindly made me this sweet AV (I wish I knew who buy my memory is uh sometimes unreliable lol)

Prurient Squid

Tiddy cat Buddha improving your day.

How Wonderful! posted:

Oh ok, it's Little My from the Finnish comic strip franchise the Moomins. I used to really like reading the strips when they were posted in the BSS newspaper comics thread, so somebody made me an av of this character, who is like this horrible little poo poo-stirring child.

I could never tell if that My person was supposed to be a kid or a shrunken old woman.

The Hello Machine

I'm not a real machine, but I am a real Hello-sayer.
Beep boop hello!

Viginti Septem

Oculus Noctuae

The Hello Machine posted:

Beep boop hello!

Hello 👋

Shadow0

If to live in this style is to be eccentric, it must be confessed that there is something good in eccentricity.

My AV represents ethical consumption under Capitalism.

Shifty Nipples

Shadow0 posted:

lol

Thanks Plant MONSTER. and deep dish peat moss and deep dish peat moss and deep dish peat moss

The Hello Machine

I'm not a real machine, but I am a real Hello-sayer.

Boop beep hi :wave:

Nosfereefer

IF YOU FIND THIS POSTER OUTSIDE BYOB, PLEASE RETURN THEM. WE ARE VERY WORRIED AND WE MISS THEM

Shadow0 posted:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Ass-penny

Shadow0 posted:

Shifty Nipples

sayer of hellos

Thanks Plant MONSTER. and deep dish peat moss and deep dish peat moss and deep dish peat moss

Chewbecca

Just chillin' : )

Shadow0 posted:

Hell, same :hfive:

Thanks to Heather Papps for sweet sig, click for more hot lady action

sigs by luvcow and Khanstant.
Click on Spoonville for a neat surprise

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻ #YesNutNovember - add this to your sig if you love and support BYOB's own nut

Sarah Cenia

Laying in the forest, by the water
Underneath these ferns
You'll never find me

it's a macro shot of some of my carnivorous plants

Ohtori Akio

Sarah Cenia posted:

it's a macro shot of some of my carnivorous plants

I'm glad you posted this beautiful shot.

Shifty Nipples

Ohtori Akio posted:

I'm glad you posted this beautiful shot.

Yeah that's really cool.

FaceStabber

can u taste the waste?
it's me irl

watho

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

it’s a gif i made from the song Online Game Addicts Sprechor by Satsuki Ga Tenkomori (or ネトゲ廃人シュプレヒコレ by さつきがてんこもり if you’re a weeb), specifically the video from the Project Diva game version of it. it’s a good song and some mild relatability but most importantly the gif is just a good representation of how i post.

i think someone helped me get it to fit within the size constraints but i can’t remember who. maybe Sid?

watho fucked around with this message at 09:09 on Oct 19, 2022

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/BigClutteredJoey-mobile.mp4
thank u vanisher for the sig
and thank u nesamdoom for the good loops

Goatson

"IN PLACE OF KÄÄRIJÄ YOU WOULD HAVE LOREEN! NOT GREEN BUT BEAUTIFUL AND BEIGE AS 'TATTOO'!"
I found a picture of a goat that fit so perfectly over the image of Mona Lisa I couldn't resist the edit.

Nosfereefer

IF YOU FIND THIS POSTER OUTSIDE BYOB, PLEASE RETURN THEM. WE ARE VERY WORRIED AND WE MISS THEM

FaceStabber posted:

it's me irl

this is true for all posters afaic

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Prurient Squid

Tiddy cat Buddha improving your day.

Goatson posted:

I found a picture of a goat that fit so perfectly over the image of Mona Lisa I couldn't resist the edit.

Sounds like it was meant to be.

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!

Nosfereefer posted:

i don't have to expain anything, youre not the cops!

https://i.imgur.com/QKTkerO.mp4
Sig elements by Manifisto and Heather Papps
Sig File protected by SigLock. do NOT steal this sig!

biosterous

i like dream theater, and i used to use the orb with their logo from the album art of octavarium

but then one halloween i had the idea to make it as a pumpkin, and i had recently figured out how to make gifs in paint.net and made the candle flicker, and i've been so happy with it i've never wanted to change it since

bigly:

(i am also proud of adding the toothpicks to hold up all the bits that would otherwise be hovering)

thank you saoshyant for this sig!!!
gallery of sigs

he/him

Viginti Septem

Oculus Noctuae

biosterous posted:

(i am also proud of adding the toothpicks to hold up all the bits that would otherwise be hovering)

lol nice

https://i.imgur.com/9jTkSUL.mp4
Thanks to vanisher for the paradise sig! :)

aldantefax

ALWAYS BE MECHFISHIN'
Captain Foo bought me a giant robot fish avatar after I ran Mechfishing, which was a play by post game about people in giant robots fishing for fish that were about the size of small islands.

Heather Papps

hello friend

biosterous posted:

i like dream theater, and i used to use the orb with their logo from the album art of octavarium

but then one halloween i had the idea to make it as a pumpkin, and i had recently figured out how to make gifs in paint.net and made the candle flicker, and i've been so happy with it i've never wanted to change it since

bigly:

i just now noticed the toothpicks and i am v impressed.

biosterous

Heather Papps posted:

i just now noticed the toothpicks and i am v impressed.

i hate to call you out as a liar, but: you noticed the toothpicks the very first time i posted and mentioned they were great, back then

i found you out, you cannot trick me, you were nice in the past as well as currently!!!!!

oh no, i am the fool, it is me who is the rube, it was nut who noticed the toothpicks

i am sorry for falsely implying that you said something nice about this in the past, hp!

biosterous fucked around with this message at 23:03 on Oct 19, 2022

thank you saoshyant for this sig!!!
gallery of sigs

he/him

deep dish peat moss

It's just an animated version of the album cover for a song, it was the official video for it. It's a good song but it's not like a song that I am way into or anything and I bought it years ago
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8TWKMuo9Nlw

Someone from BYOB made the gif for me, I forget who but maybe Alnilam? But whoever it was thank you <3 I couldn't get it under the filesize limit myself

I get PMs or quoted sometimes by people asking where it's from and saying it's amazing which is cool, I think it's neat but I don't have that reaction to it for sure

Shifty Nipples

i get startled by the notification when i get PMs

deep dish peat moss

Shifty Nipples posted:

everybody send shifty nipples a bunch of PMs on halloween to make it extra spooky

Shifty Nipples

deep dish peat moss posted:

everybody send shifty nipples a bunch of PMs on halloween to make it extra spooky

i don't know if my heart can take all that startling

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robot Made of Meat

Shifty Nipples posted:

I would expect that startled nipples would be extra . . . umm. Perky?

Thanks to Manifisto for the sig!