Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cagliostr0
Jun 8, 2020

unlimited shrimp posted:

This guy sounds like he rules

He's called friendly jordies and his current ongoing legal drama is being prosecuted for helping a whistleblower publish information allegedly demonstrating the state government and the body overseeing the operation of poker machines were negligent or willfully allowing organised crime to use them for money laundering. Also the fallout from the terror police arresting his producer is causing resignation from senior police officials and somebody leaked him surveillance footage from a court of the police officer who led the raid illegally coaching witnesses and the pig is now being investigated for serious crimes lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

cagliostr0 posted:

He's called friendly jordies and his current ongoing legal drama is being prosecuted for helping a whistleblower publish information allegedly demonstrating the state government and the body overseeing the operation of poker machines were negligent or willfully allowing organised crime to use them for money laundering. Also the fallout from the terror police arresting his producer is causing resignation from senior police officials and somebody leaked him surveillance footage from a court of the police officer who led the raid illegally coaching witnesses and the pig is now being investigated for serious crimes lol
why is australia one of the worst cultures on earth and i still manage to live in an even worse one?

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

Listen, I've been around a bit, you know, and I thought I'd seen some creepy things go on in the movie business, but I really have to say this is the most disgusting thing that's ever happened to me.

cagliostr0 posted:

If you can even find the info because of how scrubbed from the internet it is you should investigate what Bruce Gilliats children do

haha, can you shine a light? A quick peek around makes it very clear these people do not want this information available, I can't even find their kids names, only that they had 4 of them.

cagliostr0
Jun 8, 2020

Cabbages and Kings posted:

haha, can you shine a light? A quick peek around makes it very clear these people do not want this information available, I can't even find their kids names, only that they had 4 of them.

You know how there are a couple of journalists like Ben Collins and Taylor Lorenz who it's basically impossible to figure out who their parents are or even what their age is. Well apparently Lorenz has a famous uncle involved with the Wayback machine and so does Ben Collins! I know it's a shock.

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

Listen, I've been around a bit, you know, and I thought I'd seen some creepy things go on in the movie business, but I really have to say this is the most disgusting thing that's ever happened to me.

cagliostr0 posted:

You know how there are a couple of journalists like Ben Collins and Taylor Lorenz who it's basically impossible to figure out who their parents are or even what their age is. Well apparently Lorenz has a famous uncle involved with the Wayback machine and so does Ben Collins! I know it's a shock.

utterly unsurprising, and again, people should think of the wayback machine as "what a page looked like at the particular time it was scraped, if no one has had it taken down in the meantime".

it's fine, in some cases, for finding some news article you read years ago (though my recent attempt to find the pictographic timeline of the Aurora shooting that Boulder Times published that weekend, which had some oddities to it, revealed that content has been.... removed :nsa:) but it's not definitive proof of anything other than a page was scraped at a time. The page may have existed for a period before it was scraped. It may have existed for a period after. It may never have been scraped, I think I have a couple extremely low traffic domains that have not.