Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
At best some scandal will cause Biden to realize he wants to spend the last of his days with his family instead of in the White House, so he drops out some time between now and the General. There's no way he's resigning no matter what he does or is accused of.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Queering Wheel
Jun 18, 2011

:toxx: Biden will run in 2024 and he will win again.

Barrel Cactaur
Oct 6, 2021

Epic High Five posted:

My personal top 2 was keeping the same name because frankly Washington Football Team is perfect, or the Washington Clowns because of all the clowns in Congress

I would have gone for Beltway Bandits.

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

Unless Biden has a major health issue he'll run again. There just isn't anyone he can simply hand the torch to.

Harris' approval ratings are HILARIOUSLY bad. Even if he gave her his full voiced and shadow support that's no guarantee primary voters wouldn't flock to another candidate.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
I'm still really liking Tammy Duckworth as a possible candidate.

Pook Good Mook
Aug 6, 2013

ENFORCE THE UNITED STATES DRESS CODE AT ALL COSTS!

This message paid for by the Men's Wearhouse& Jos A Bank Lobbying Group

Discendo Vox posted:

She is my dream candidate. Her lack of desire to run is indicative that she would be a good pick.

James Garfield
May 5, 2012
Am I a manipulative abuser in real life, or do I just roleplay one on the Internet for fun? You decide!
https://mobile.twitter.com/joekent16jan19/status/1613221383252881411

Do it again :sickos:

also lol at announcing after two months

James Garfield fucked around with this message at 21:51 on Jan 11, 2023

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Queering Wheel posted:

:toxx: Biden will run in 2024 and he will win again.

this. unless he gets a very obvious bad health thing or something worse, then i could see that change, but the chuds saying insane poo poo and trying to impeach him 100 times will probably only endear him normies, gently caress it helped trump and defiently helped clinton.

Discendo Vox posted:

same, i wish it were duckworth, she is genuinly pretty good policy wise and just a much better canidate.

Bondii
May 31, 2003
King of The Cider Farm

Narcissus1916 posted:

Unless Biden has a major health issue he'll run again. There just isn't anyone he can simply hand the torch to.

Harris' approval ratings are HILARIOUSLY bad. Even if he gave her his full voiced and shadow support that's no guarantee primary voters wouldn't flock to another candidate.

I don't think Kamala will win any sort of primary but are her approval ratings HILARIOUSLY bad? Realclearpolitics has Harris at 36.5 approval and Trump at 36.7. On 538, Kamala has 40.7 approval and Trump has 40.0%.

I mean, Trump is Trump, but on balance, she has a higher approval rating than him.

Youth Decay
Aug 18, 2015

Discendo Vox posted:

I agree. IIRC Biden's team initially shied away from her as VP because she was born in Thailand and there might actually be judge(s) that would play along with lawsuits claiming she is constitutionally ineligible (this wasn't an issue with Canadian candidate canadidate Ted Cruz because IOKIYAR). After Clyburn gave his ultimatum Duckworth was off the table entirely, which is a shame.

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

Dapper_Swindler posted:

this. unless he gets a very obvious bad health thing or something worse, then i could see that change, but the chuds saying insane poo poo and trying to impeach him 100 times will probably only endear him normies, gently caress it helped trump and defiently helped clinton.

same, i wish it were duckworth, she is genuinly pretty good policy wise and just a much better canidate.

She’s got little kids and doesn’t want it. Gov of Il Pritzker does though and he’s definitely eyeing it but won’t step on Joe so no primary there. And Biden’s running. He’ll probably announce after SOTU though some are saying April (which would purportedly be after the pandemic state of emergency ends, assuming there’s not yet another surge that they can’t obfuscate).

Pook Good Mook
Aug 6, 2013

Bondii posted:

I don't think Kamala will win any sort of primary but are her approval ratings HILARIOUSLY bad? Realclearpolitics has Harris at 36.5 approval and Trump at 36.7. On 538, Kamala has 40.7 approval and Trump has 40.0%.

I mean, Trump is Trump, but on balance, she has a higher approval rating than him.

Kamala Harris is fundamentally unable to get primary voters to vote for her. Like deep in her core.

Oracle posted:

She’s got little kids and doesn’t want it. Gov of Il Pritzker does though and he’s definitely eyeing it but won’t step on Joe so no primary there. And Biden’s running. He’ll probably announce after SOTU though some are saying April (which would purportedly be after the pandemic state of emergency ends, assuming there’s not yet another surge that they can’t obfuscate).

Easy money for 2028 primaries includes Pritzker and Newsom.

And Mayor Pete. We will never be rid of him.

Youth Decay
Aug 18, 2015

Bondii posted:

The GOP candidate won't be Trump. He's still their spiritual leader but the man can't get cameras on his rallies, his not-tweets aren't breaking news headlines, he just isn't the all-consuming attention vortex he was in 2015-16. Even if he weasels out of prosecution for Jan 6 he's a has-been in terms of mainstream appeal.

Although enough chuds might write in Trump/stay home to cost the GOP the election regardless of who the Democrat is.

Presto
Nov 22, 2002

Keep calm and Harry on.

Absurd Alhazred posted:

I think that's what's going to happen. It's not factually comparable to Trump's alleged conduct, but the media coverage has made it comparable, and they're going to make the calculation that it's not worth having to litigate the differences throughout the 2024 campaign. Burned by emails once, twice shy.

By next week no one will remember it .

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Presto posted:

well, nobody except Jim Jordan who will continue to tweet endlessly about it to an ever-shrinking base of dittoheads.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Presto posted:

I suspect the practical limits of the revelation will be muddying the waters of the investigation into Trump's mishandling of docs, which ultimately isn't going to have any meaningful effect on 2024 because

Youth Decay posted:

The GOP candidate won't be Trump. He's still their spiritual leader but the man can't get cameras on his rallies, his not-tweets aren't breaking news headlines, he just isn't the all-consuming attention vortex he was in 2015-16. Even if he weasels out of prosecution for Jan 6 he's a has-been in terms of mainstream appeal.

Although enough chuds might write in Trump/stay home to cost the GOP the election regardless of who the Democrat is.

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

Pook Good Mook posted:

Kamala Harris is fundamentally unable to get primary voters to vote for her. Like deep in her core.

Easy money for 2028 primaries includes Pritzker and Newsom.

And Mayor Pete. We will never be rid of him.

Pete’s gunning for MI senate. He moved there and then Stabenow announced she’s done after this term. He’s young enough he has time to build the resume.

Adjunct Cheesecake
Mar 19, 2009

mmmmmm

Oracle posted:

Pete’s gunning for MI senate. He moved there and then Stabenow announced she’s done after this term. He’s young enough he has time to build the resume.

Pete's already said he's not running for MI Senate. Likely leading D contender is Elissa Slotkin.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
Senator Dana Nessel please and thank you.

Edit: I'd also accept supreme court justice

Pook Good Mook
Aug 6, 2013

Pete will be running for President every election for the next 30 years. It will be awful.

Adjunct Cheesecake
Mar 19, 2009

mmmmmm

External Organs posted:

Senator Dana Nessel please and thank you.

Edit: I'd also accept supreme court justice

Nessel has said she's not running.

Wikipedia page tracking it all: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2024_United_States_Senate_election_in_Michigan

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

Adjunct Cheesecake posted:

Pete's already said he's not running for MI Senate. Likely leading D contender is Elissa Slotkin.

Be interesting if Debbie Dingell throws her hat in, though I don’t know how likely that is.