Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

the soundtrack fuckin rules

wipeout and wipeout xl were some of my favorite racing games growing up, high speed low drag

the design ruled too, like it was from the era where the graphics were sorta poo poo so you had to make everything else cool. all the ship designs and logos and especially the printed material filled in the gap from the psx graphics.

the "tonk" noise when your craft banged into the side of a corner is burned into my brain

also the first time i ever heard of red bull

numberoneposter fucked around with this message at 04:51 on Nov 20, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

matti
Mar 31, 2019

https://twitter.com/presentcorrect/status/1590342391500009472

matti
Mar 31, 2019

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hfy5dWiE-jM

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

My favorite bit about Wipeout 2097:

In the United States, it went by the name of Wipeout XL because it was felt that American players would not understand the concept of the game being set a century in the future. The American title was originally to be Wipeout XS (for "Excess"), but it was pointed out that XS could also stand for "extra small".

MrQwerty posted:

I borrowed my buddies PSVR for AC7, but I also have Wipeout Omega Collection and man if you think Wipeout is fast normally, first-person VR is wild

It's also way easier in VR.