Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Astrochicken posted:

Gaspar Noe's Dark Souls

Tarkosvky's Dark Souls.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buttchocks
Oct 21, 2020

No, I like my hat, thanks.

MonsieurChoc posted:

Tarkosvky's Dark Souls.

Tod Browning's Dark Souls

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Bobcat Goldthwait's Dark Souls

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Any Dark Souls movie has to smash cut to credits at the climax, the protagonist having been assassinated by a giantdad out of nowhere

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

If to live in this style is to be eccentric, it must be confessed that there is something good in eccentricity.

Grimey Drawer
I thought about Dark Souls when I was writing the OP, but the movie would have to be immensely cryptic and they'd have to attach item cards to all the concessions, which you'd have to read to know what's going on or why, but even then you're not sure.

RBA Starblade posted:

Any Dark Souls movie has to smash cut to credits at the climax, the protagonist having been assassinated by a giantdad out of nowhere

The movie ends when the protagonist falls of a random ledge on accident.

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Unironically curious why Michael Bay's Call of Duty: Modern Warfare doesn't exist.

WilWheaton
Oct 11, 2006

It'd be hard to get bored on this ship!
Or counterstrike for that matter

joe football
Dec 22, 2012

Capfalcon posted:

Unironically curious why Michael Bay's Call of Duty: Modern Warfare doesn't exist.

I suspect because it's so insanely lucrative that the money they'd get from a studio for the rights isn't worth the risk of them loving it up and messing up the brand somehow. Or that they'd demand so much control over the film for that reason that they can't come to an agreement with a studio

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

joe football posted:

I suspect because it's so insanely lucrative that the money they'd get from a studio for the rights isn't worth the risk of them loving it up and messing up the brand somehow. Or that they'd demand so much control over the film for that reason that they can't come to an agreement with a studio

I really don't blame publishers for not wanting to risk the former given Hollywood's obvious utter contempt for video games.

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

quote:

Whatever the hell happens in Free Guy
I gotta type it out now

In Free Guy, a pair of indie devs quit and went to work for some jackass company like Activision on an open sandbox MMO where people rob banks and kill each other, and for some reason they coincidentally stole the indie devs' code from a previous AI life sim game to make their NPCs easier to code, which makes no sense, then something random causes hidden AI code to activate in an NPC. It turns out that the indie dev who left had a crush on the other and based some of the NPC's personality on her, so randomly meeting her in the game was the activator, which still makes no sense. Anyway, she was hacking into the game and trying to go into an area where for some reason proof of the corporate crimes is for no good reason digitally housed and protected by level 99 bad guys. The NPC who inherited his dev's crush levels up while being the only person in the history of the game who does it through only good deeds to try to meet her. While doing this, he spreads the activation of AI code to all the world's NPCs like a virus. Then all three protagonists figure out what's going on and team up to take down the CEO, who gets out of legal trouble by holding the AIs hostage until they agree to let him keep the rights to his game, and he only gets his comeuppance through the sequel being bad enough to destroy the company

galenanorth fucked around with this message at 16:56 on Nov 28, 2022

Tac Dibar
Apr 7, 2009

I've long been thinking about a Pacman movie where Robert DeNiro plays agent Paco Manilow (PacMan) who is kidnapped by crime lord The Ghost and injected with a slow working poison. He escapes into a maze with pills lining the corridors, and has to eat them all to find the single one that contains the antidote. But the Ghost's henchmen are at his tail...

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Rarity posted:

This is a film about the making of Tetris. This is not a film of Tetris :colbert:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hWTFG3J1CP8

TrixRabbi
Aug 20, 2010

Time for a little robot chauvinism!

Babaduck posted:

For years I've been surprised they haven't done a Sims movie yet. It's a game with recognition and appeal to a wide range of demographics. Just steal from Toy Story/ Truman Show / Lego Movie / Whatever the hell happens in Free Guy, and throw in some SNL members and you got at least a moderate success.

Would watch only if they perform the whole film in Simlish and subtitle it.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Activision announced they were opening a studio for movies and TV in 2015, but nothing ever materialized. I know these things can take time, but there hasn't been a peep from that since then, so I suspect it's dead. Especially with the (probably DOA) Microsoft merger.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Detective No. 27 posted:

Activision announced they were opening a studio for movies and TV in 2015, but nothing ever materialized. I know these things can take time, but there hasn't been a peep from that since then, so I suspect it's dead. Especially with the (probably DOA) Microsoft merger.

I think the merger's still going, if slow. People are making noises about antitrust but there's no real way that makes sense.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

The latest news is that the FTC is looking to block the merger.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Asterite34 posted:

Joust, done in the style of Ridley Scott's the Last Duel

This is a thread about movies that would suck, not movies that would be awesome.

But also a Fire Emblem movie in this same style.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Justin Godscock
Oct 12, 2004

Listen here, funnyman!

Detective No. 27 posted:

I imagine it's typical Hollywood bullshit about money and creative control. It's what killed the Halo movie that was supposed to happen in 2007 because Microsoft wasn't willing to play ball with Hollywood (which you kind of have to do). Then funny enough we got that streaming series.