Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

Leadthumb posted:

90x132

Double scale

...oh my god, it even has a year mark

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arch Nemesis
Mar 27, 2007

tmfc posted:

he did it by being really good at sprites

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Starting with the AGDQ thread and the revival of the game club, The Imp Zone went off this year, so I am awarding my 'Best Impy Gaming Forum' Impy to the Imp Zone.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Plebian Parasite posted:

Starting with the AGDQ thread and the revival of the game club, The Imp Zone went off this year, so I am awarding my 'Best Impy Gaming Forum' Impy to the Imp Zone.

this, every year

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

Plebian Parasite posted:

had that vomit in the back of my throat feeling knowing AGDQ is in a month...

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Plebian Parasite posted:

:cheerdoge:

copy
Jul 26, 2007

Plebian Parasite posted:

:hellyeah:

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Plebian Parasite posted:

:hai:

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

That Little Demon posted:

had that vomit in the back of my throat feeling knowing AGDQ is in a month...

Thanks Pablo and Sub-Actuality for the great sigs!

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

Plebian Parasite posted:

PS this post is impervious to Flames because of the flame proofer. :)

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Plebian Parasite posted:

💯

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

Plebian Parasite posted:

insane anime
Aug 5, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 10 hours!

Leadthumb posted:

90x132

Double scale

Not bad. Looks like he used the paint brush and the eraser over and over, wasn't really sure if it would work. started the leaves on random frames to give it texture, otherwise the laurel would look flat I think. There’s probably a faster way to get the same effect.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

insane anime posted:

Not bad. Looks like he used the paint brush and the eraser over and over, wasn't really sure if it would work. started the leaves on random frames to give it texture, otherwise the laurel would look flat I think. There’s probably a faster way to get the same effect.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

insane anime posted:

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

insane anime posted:

lol

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

insane anime posted:

Joan
Mar 28, 2021

insane anime posted:

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
impos:

Best game i first played this year: ultrakill
(runner ups: dark messiah, darius gaiden, DKCR)
best izgc game i beat: ninja gaiden 3
(runner ups: metal gear msx)
least fun i had all year: pocky and rocky 2
(runner ups: doom64, dead space 3, rayman 3. frankly none of these are that bad, except pocky and rocky 2. gently caress pocky and gently caress rocky)
best game ive already beat before: TIE between FEAR and OMEGA BOOST
(runner ups: metal slug 3, mirrors edge)

i didnt beat that many games, bye

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

GOTY
Elden Ring

I still haven't beaten it, and I'm not sure I ever will, I'm not that great at FromSoft games. But that doesn't really matter because even just wandering around aimlessly is pure joy. Perfectly captures the intense feeling of awe and possibility that I realized I had been missing from games for a long, long time.

Best Game from a Previous Year
Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots

I hadn't played this in a decade or so, it was a real treat to come back to it. Just an incredible game with a ton of complex new mechanics that somehow work really well together. And it's a great game on its own, but playing it immediately after the rest of the MGS series made the changes even more thrilling. A Kojima masterpiece.

Best Surprise
Metal Gear: Ghost Babel

I'm pissed off that I never played this when it came out, what an incredible game. Easily the best GBC game, by a long margin, and honestly pretty high on my list of best Metal Gear games altogether. Looks great, plays smoothly, and the stealth mechanics are ridiculously sophisticated for a handheld game from 2000.

Favorite IZGC Game
TimeSplitters: Future Perfect

A plot-driven FPS that doesn't take itself seriously, has comedic cutscenes that are actually funny, and the gameplay itself is like a sustained dopamine rush. Just pure fun the entire time. EDITOR'S NOTE: I kept notes for this category and my phone corrected "Timesplitters" to "Tinesplothers".

Honorable Mention: Played it a lot
Death Stranding

I'm a huge Metal Gear fan but this might be my favorite Kojima game. Utterly insane but somehow consistent sci-fi premise without any clumsy exposition, extremely compelling gameplay, full to the brim with Kojima weirdness, and the mechanic of helping out other players indirectly is really satisfying. Also a Kojima masterpiece, I love it.

Honorable Mention: Enjoyed it even though I could see big problems with it
Deathloop

Dishonored and Prey are better Arkane games in pretty much every way, but the atmosphere and time loop gimmick were fun enough to keep me engaged for a while. Not a great game, but not intolerably bad either. It's a cool core concept, and with some more mechanical depth and refinement, could have been really good.

Honorable Mention: Game I want to play more of
Xenoblade 3

This game is loving great, but I haven't had time to really dive into it at all. One of my gaming goals for 2023 will be to finish this one.

Special Impy Award
My special official Impy award goes to the brief argument in this thread about whether it was acceptable to have a separate Impy award called "The Impy"

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Impy for IZGC Pick of the Year goes to Leadthumb for Dragon Quest Heroes: Rocket Slime!

----------------

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

Oh yeah, I almost forgot. My wimpy for worst game I played all year goes to Dead space 3.
What a piece of poo poo. I played it just because it was on game pass and it wasn't even worth it. It's not even good in a MST3K-laugh-at-the-bad-game kinda way, don't even bother.

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

American McGay posted:

Impy for IZGC Pick of the Year goes to Leadthumb for Dragon Quest Heroes: Rocket Slime!

:cheers:

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Bless you my slime

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

American McGay posted:

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

American McGay posted:

Agreed

Caithness
Nov 10, 2012

HEY!!!
YOU CAN SEE ME, CAN'T YOU? THEN WHY ARE YOU IGNORING ME!?
game of the year: Arcade Archives Tetris the Grandmaster
i spent $1500 in 2020 to play this game, and now you can own it for $8

non-tetris game i played the most this year: Melty Blood Type Lumina
very friendly to newcomers to the traditional 2d fighter genre, without feeling watered down at all. plus all the dlc characters are free

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Game of the Year: Mycophonia presents: Legally Distinct Tetris, by Mycophobia.

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

Wormskull posted:

Game of the Year: Mycophonia presents: Legally Distinct Tetris, by Mycophobia.

thank you

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
agreeing with caith btw. on both counts. ive never played melty blood type lumina but im sure its cool.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Cheers, I bought TGM for under 7 dollars due to Nintendo coins.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

i left this late but i will give my personal impy to the vo for dubois in deep fear, the man is a god

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

British AI Voice: Now, remove your foreskin. *can barely hold back a chuckle* Andrew Tate was done dirty.

lmfao

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

----------------