Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Do you still wear a mask?
This poll is closed.
No, I'm a a dumb 33 40.74%
Yes, I'm a smart 48 59.26%
Total: 81 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread
My devolopmentally disabled brother is dying of colon cancer

Chemotherapy is keeping him alive, my mother and I are his caregivers.

So I will mask carefully and thoroughly until he is dead. Because others won't I can't take him shopping, and to lego land and to a lot of places because the risk is too great that he'll get covid and die sooner because I took him

gently caress everything

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

SweetMercifulCrap! posted:

I was referring to the poll calling those who don't wear masks anymore dumb when:

1. It's been nearly three years
2. Most of us have had multiple boosters
3. Most places are ranked low risk currently by the CDC

The "No mask = CHUD" ship has sailed. I have absolutely zero issue if people still choose to wear one.

Note that the CDC changed the type of risk which is displayed on their covid risk map, it used to show the risk of infection but it now shows the risk of medical facilities being available if you get seriously ill. The current CDC community risk map shows that 44% of counties are at medium-to-high risk (based on availability of staffed hospital beds) but the map which uses the old criteria shows that 97.5% of US counties are at moderate to high risk (based on covid transmission rates)

https://covid.cdc.gov/covid-data-tr...CommunityLevels
https://covid.cdc.gov/covid-data-tracker/#county-view?list_select_state=all_states&list_select_county=all_counties&data-type=Risk

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler
I haven't been but everyone in my office has gotten sick lately including me, only one (that I know of at this point) had covid (not me,, thank god) but nowadays we're looking at flu, rsv and whatever so everyone is getting sick all the time. I'm going on vacation soon and I was already planning on wearing a mask but when I get back I think I will see if the rest of the staff will do it at work too. At least for the winter if nothing else. It's seriously getting really bad and it's mostly old people here so who knows how many are in the hospital at this point already.

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler
Also I just wanted to point out ... the poll says "a a dumb" which is, ironically, a little dumb. If you ask me. :smug:

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

hell yeah, i wear an N95 every time i go out. it's loving great not breathing in diseases, pollution, and smoke.

Darth Brooks posted:

The av text was inspired by the realization that you wear a mask not to keep from getting COVID but to keep others from inadvertently getting COVID from you.

lol, my mask prevents me from getting covid. if i don't have covid, i can't give anyone else covid. covid, flu, and rsv are all spread via airborne aerosol particles, if you don't want to get sick, you have to wear physical protection against particles. trusting others to to do the right thing means you get sick, because no one else gives a gently caress about your health.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
why the gently caress would i mask lmao

ive been 4x vaccinated, spent a month traveling in EU going to bars/resturants every night, and been to many live packed concerts, and got one 3 day sinus infection that tested negative for covid

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
i legit feel sorry for anyone who clearly has COVID PTSD though. must be fuking awful.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

Chinatown posted:

why the gently caress would i mask lmao

to prevent catching or spreading a pretty bad novel respiratory virus that is currently causing a pandemic

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Bad Purchase posted:

to prevent catching or spreading a pretty bad novel respiratory virus that is currently causing a pandemic

go post in your COVID broke brained megathread bitch

olives black
Nov 24, 2017

LENIN.
STILL.
WON'T.
FUCK.
ME.

Chinatown posted:

go post in your COVID broke brained megathread bitch

Make us, bitch

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Hell, I'm stoked that mask-wearing has been normalized so I can avoid respiratory bugs in general, not just covid. One of the few things I used to like about winter was that it gave me a reasonable excuse to wear gloves in public places, especially public transport, and being able to mask up is even better. A couple years before covid we had a flu outbreak here that was bad enough they were closing ERs and sending people away if their symptoms weren't bad enough. I thought people were astoundingly blase about that, and now that masks have become somewhat acceptable you can bet I am going to keep making use of them.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

olives black posted:

Make us, bitch

the n95 wearing toughguy has logged on

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Welp, making it to page 4 isn't too bad.