Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Do you still wear a mask?
This poll is closed.
No, I'm a a dumb 33 40.74%
Yes, I'm a smart 48 59.26%
Total: 81 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I went in a coffee shop last night and realized I wasn't wearing a mask and no one else was, either. I felt naked. I've been good about wearing masks indoors since the beginning save for a 1 week stretch when I got lax and then got throat cooties. Since then I've been very careful.

When I went to Japan it was refreshing to see everyone wearing masks all the time. True, it's a bit ridiculous to wear one on the street with no one around but indoors everyone was respectful of each other.

But here in the US? I see maybe 1/4 of the employees wearing masks and even fewer customers.

What say you goons?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

probably n95 in public until i die

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

We all wear masks in a way, when you think about it.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
haven't seen any since march or so. been to a million packed to the gills concerts, shopping etc eblahcvhbdsf got my 2nd or third booster.. not dead yet.. no covid yet. dont care, ill just keep getting boosters whatever. if some mutant strain comes out and ignores vaccines, ill put one on and live at home again i guess

olives black
Nov 24, 2017

LENIN.
STILL.
WON'T.
FUCK.
ME.

flubber nuts posted:

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

I should have worn one into the Haunted Mansion. I’ve probably gotten 6 different strains.

olives black
Nov 24, 2017

LENIN.
STILL.
WON'T.
FUCK.
ME.

Philthy posted:

haven't seen any since march or so. been to a million packed to the gills concerts, shopping etc eblahcvhbdsf got my 2nd or third booster.. not dead yet.. no covid yet. dont care, ill just keep getting boosters whatever. if some mutant strain comes out and ignores vaccines, ill put one on and live at home again i guess

:dumbbravo:

Pulvis Sumus
Jul 27, 2011
Yes, I wear an N95 everywhere I go if it's indoors or someplace outdoors with crowds. I have a wife with health problems, a dad with cancer, and I still have ongoing issues from my COVID infection last year, so I try really hard not to put myself in positions where I will be exposed. I expect to be masking for a long, long time.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon

flubber nuts posted:

:coronatoot:

Weasling Weasel
Oct 20, 2010
Can't actaully remember the last time I saw anyone wear the mask anywhere in the UK for about the last 18 months.

Hashy
Nov 20, 2005

Philthy posted:

The mutant strain where vaccines have highly reduced efficacy was several strains ago

olives black
Nov 24, 2017

LENIN.
STILL.
WON'T.
FUCK.
ME.

Waltzing Along posted:

When I went to Japan it was refreshing to see everyone wearing masks all the time. True, it's a bit ridiculous to wear one on the street with no one around but indoors everyone was respectful of each other.

How recent was this? I heard they went full Open Biden.

Hector Delgado
Sep 23, 2007

Time for shore leave!!
Yeah, I wear a cloth one and discovered wearing it helped with my social anxiety. I wore it this morning also cause it was cold here and it blocked the wind.

PiratePrentice
Oct 29, 2022

by Hand Knit
Everyone here stopped wearing masks as soon as the mandates went away, so did I. I can't see poo poo with a mask fogging up my glasses all the time so I kinda gave up.

Honestly the only options are to wear a mask for the rest of your life or give it up since covids never going away, and I'm definitely not doing it for the rest of my life lol

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

I respect not giving a gently caress about the future but if you wanna gently caress up your health and life style in near future I suggest hard drugs and not an organ eating disease lol

olives black
Nov 24, 2017

LENIN.
STILL.
WON'T.
FUCK.
ME.

PiratePrentice posted:

Everyone here stopped wearing masks as soon as the mandates went away, so did I. I can't see poo poo with a mask fogging up my glasses all the time so I kinda gave up.

Honestly the only options are to wear a mask for the rest of your life or give it up since covids never going away, and I'm definitely not doing it for the rest of my life lol

N95s cut down considerably on glasses fog. I know from experience.

You'll still get the occasional cloud but if you seal it and pinch the nose wire it's manageable.

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic

flubber nuts posted:

3hands
Feb 23, 2018

wearing the seasonal ski mask to the liquor store

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

olives black posted:

How recent was this? I heard they went full Open Biden.

6 weeks ago.

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

sometimes.

i started again recently since the RSV/FLU/COVID triple threat thing is filling up the local hospitals.

Noticed an uptick in the rest of the public doing the same.

I use n95 but i only ever see other people with cloth/surgical masks

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
I got kinda lax for a while but with cold & flu season rolling in I started up again at the grocery store or other crowded places. I’m not the only one either. I’d say at the grocery store yesterday it was probably 40% masked.

SweetMercifulCrap!
Jan 28, 2012
Lipstick Apathy
If you still want to wear one - that's fine, nobody cares. But my dude, we are well past the stage of virtue signaling over wearing one.

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

I got kinda lax for a while but with cold & flu season rolling in I started up again at the grocery store or other crowded places. I’m not the only one though. I’d say at the grocery store yesterday it was probably 40% masked.

this but more like 10% masked here.

I noticed a lot more employees were masking though even if the herd wasn't bothering

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

SweetMercifulCrap! posted:

If you still want to wear one - that's fine, nobody cares. But my dude, we are well past the stage of virtue signaling over wearing one.

lol if you actually think people were only wearing a loving mask to virtue signal

SweetMercifulCrap!
Jan 28, 2012
Lipstick Apathy

Wendigee posted:

lol if you think anyone was ever wearing a loving mask to virtue signal

No, but making a thread in December 2022 bragging about how you still wear one kinda is.

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

Absolutely not lmao

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

SweetMercifulCrap! posted:

No, but making a thread in December 2022 bragging about how you still wear one kinda is.

Not really. I'm just curious what other people are doing because of my experience last night. Maybe read the OP next time?

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Those gay libs and their virtue masks

SweetMercifulCrap!
Jan 28, 2012
Lipstick Apathy

Waltzing Along posted:

Not really. I'm just curious what other people are doing because of my experience last night. Maybe read the OP next time?

Poll options:
No, I'm a dumb
Yes, I'm a smart

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

Norway here. I don't think I've seen anyone wear a mask for for more than a year, probably like a year and a half, if not more. People here barely even wore them for most of the height of the pandemic, I'd say it was only a couple of months where where you saw most people wearing masks. I'm pretty sure I had a covid in November.

I think it's weird to have Americans being like all shocked how their country has opened up again and people aren't wearing masks any more. You're not unique, and there's a lot of countries where people mask use was waaaaaaaay more lax than in the US.

Randarkman fucked around with this message at 00:48 on Dec 20, 2022

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

If anybody isn't wearing a mask I call them a C.H.U.D. and fight them

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

I also post about it online
Like can you believe this poo poo

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Welcome to the resistance lol

sexy tiger boobs
Aug 23, 2002

Up shit creek with a turd for a paddle.

Colonel Cancer posted:

I respect not giving a gently caress about the future but if you wanna gently caress up your health and life style in near future I suggest hard drugs and not an organ eating disease lol

Why not both

I use the cocaine to fight the covid germs

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

The governor pulled the mask right off my face and karate kicked me in the breadbasket.

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

I never saw anyone wear an N-whatever mask at any point during the pandemic, it was always the cheap disposable masks you got at the supermarket.

NC Wyeth Death Cult
Dec 30, 2005

He lost his life in Chadds Ford, he was dancing with a train.
How else will I inscribe myself on the hearts of humanity?

olives black
Nov 24, 2017

LENIN.
STILL.
WON'T.
FUCK.
ME.

hmmm......

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Colonel Cancer posted:

Those gay libs and their virtue masks

Can't kiss a man on the lips and feel his mustache tickle your nose if you're both wearing masks

Checkmate libs :agesilaus:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
I mostly stopped for a bit but started back up shortly before Thanksgiving.