Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best Straw Hat?
Luffy
Zoro
Nami
Usopp
Vivi
Chopper
Robin
Franky
Brook
Jinbei
Carrot
Yamato
View Results

Party Miser
Apr 1, 2011
new meta is going to be blue nami self deck. thassus oracle from mtg all over again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Madmarker
Jan 7, 2007

Party Miser posted:

new meta is going to be blue nami self deck. thassus oracle from mtg all over again.

Nah, the meta is gonna skew more aggressive. Zoro and Strawbeard as far as the eyes can see. (Which are not good matchups for Nami)

TheComicFiend
Oct 4, 2013

Let's Survive
Gotta look into the strawbeard resurrection, still wanna try running this old man for Buddy Battles.
I did an online regional event on Sunday with a slightly off-meta WB and started strong with 2W.. then lost the next 4 in a row and dropped lol

Stings but hey, at least the participation goods are excellentt
https://en.onepiece-cardgame.com/events/2023/championship/online_regional_wave2.php#prize-01

Party Miser
Apr 1, 2011
wrong wrong wrong. me, a guy that was asking for rules clarifications all over the last page, knows more about the game than you.

the joke was supposed to be that nami seems kind of weak with not enough ways to self mill easily. i still have a nami deck though, lots of neat stuff from the pillars of strength box i cracked.

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

So I've only been able to play with starter decks with a friend and we're both interested but wondering where the depth is. That's something you can't tell from the starters. And I can't tell either from looking at top decks.

TheComicFiend
Oct 4, 2013

Let's Survive
Maybe look into the sim? You can play randos without having to invest in real-deal cards and get a taste of what kinds of tech is available

Party Miser
Apr 1, 2011
yellow, green, purple, black seems to be the tricky or deep colors, with complexity i interpret in descending order. I'm only familiar with some precons and the pillars of strength set, and even then it's limited.

Party Miser
Apr 1, 2011
which blockers should i add to my nami deck to make it survive and are they all donflamingo and crocodile? it's not a good deck but i like the idea of an alternate win condition, even if it's easier to just play the normal way.

TheComicFiend
Oct 4, 2013

Let's Survive
Boodle and Carne? Carne becomes a 6K blocker once you drop down to <20 cards left

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
So my friends and I want to try this game out because it looks fun. I'm wondering if there's a certain starter (we're each buying one) with a shanks leader card? I think the film set has one but it looks like there's a lot of different shanks cards and it's hard to sort through them.

Madmarker
Jan 7, 2007

Kingtheninja posted:

So my friends and I want to try this game out because it looks fun. I'm wondering if there's a certain starter (we're each buying one) with a shanks leader card? I think the film set has one but it looks like there's a lot of different shanks cards and it's hard to sort through them.

Yes there is a purple starter with shanks. It is St-05. Now the one thing I'll say about this one is that it used to be hyper affordable but a meta deck, Green/Purple Donquixote Doflamingo, uses the best cards that are in St-05 which spiked the price at a lot of retailers.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."

Madmarker posted:

Yes there is a purple starter with shanks. It is St-05. Now the one thing I'll say about this one is that it used to be hyper affordable but a meta deck, Green/Purple Donquixote Doflamingo, uses the best cards that are in St-05 which spiked the price at a lot of retailers.

Thanks for the heads up, I'll look into it. Went to me local store and he just had the luffy starter so I grabbed that and a couple kingdoms boosters. The cards all look great and I'm having fun reading up on the rules and wondering what cards I'd like to integrate into the starter later on.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

is it safe to buy cards yet? also where?

Party Miser
Apr 1, 2011
I don't get the chance to play this much and now I realize how wrong I was about how equipping Don works... the app is a little confusing but it teaches you very important things about how long buffs last. whoops.

Party Miser
Apr 1, 2011
when does stuff get reprinted to gently caress the scalpers?

Madmarker
Jan 7, 2007

Party Miser posted:

when does stuff get reprinted to gently caress the scalpers?

I mean, they announced there will be reprints, but the player base keeps expanding along with the scalping interest.

I'm happy I got into the game when I did, because keeping up with it now seems like a nightmare.

Party Miser
Apr 1, 2011
I've only gotten pillars of strength and kingdoms of intrigue because that's all I've found at non bullshit prices. it's really frustrating, but i do have some custom decks that can go hard. i even managed to make the blue nami deck not suck.

Madmarker
Jan 7, 2007

Party Miser posted:

I've only gotten pillars of strength and kingdoms of intrigue because that's all I've found at non bullshit prices. it's really frustrating, but i do have some custom decks that can go hard. i even managed to make the blue nami deck not suck.

I mean, Blue Nami is probably the premier budget deck. Its like 70bucks to build the version that got top 8 at the European Championships from scratch. https://www.optcg.gg/decks/567

As it is, I'm lucky enough to be piloting Sakazuki, since I started playing back in op02 and my first deck was Smoker. Lord knows I wouldn't spend the 400+ to build the deck from scratch now.

Game is still crazy fun, and it just keeps expanding its player base, but man the product issues are really annoying.

Madmarker fucked around with this message at 16:00 on Feb 26, 2024

TheComicFiend
Oct 4, 2013

Let's Survive
we're lucky enough to have a couple shops in town that have a product AND a conscience
I've been doing well with RP Luffy but I really wanna try out Gecko Moria in the next set

only problem is I didn't hang onto enough borsalinos or kuzans so I gotta figure out.. somethin

The Gallows
Aug 10, 2007

Yip-yip-yip-yip... Uh-huh.
I was curious If there was a thread for the game yet and with OP06 starting to trickle out, did anyone get there hand on any product early? I recently built a Green / Purple Doffy and he seems enjoyable but I will definitely need to tweak it.

TheComicFiend
Oct 4, 2013

Let's Survive
I got packs from a couple pre-release events in the area. I really wanna build Gecko Moria but less-than-excited to dig up some of the Navy cards from set 2 for the "proper" builds. (Borsalino, Kuzan, Brannew, etc)

Madmarker
Jan 7, 2007

The Gallows posted:

I was curious If there was a thread for the game yet and with OP06 starting to trickle out, did anyone get there hand on any product early? I recently built a Green / Purple Doffy and he seems enjoyable but I will definitely need to tweak it.

I have Saka and Gecko built and am currently working on my Queen deck for funsies.

Now did I have to hit 5 different prereleases to get there this past weekend....yeah

Grape Doffy is a fun deck are you going film engine or Donquixote Pirate engine?

The Gallows
Aug 10, 2007

Yip-yip-yip-yip... Uh-huh.

Madmarker posted:

Grape Doffy is a fun deck are you going film engine or Donquixote Pirate engine?

Short answer is Donquixote Pirate engine, but I have also purchased a handful of the other cards incase I wanted to change it up.

I've only played it a handful of times and I built it because he in my favorite character but I'm also kind of realizing I like to play way more aggressive than what his play style is meant to be. I should really try and do the simulator more though cause I've been going about this game in way too expensive of a way. I don't have enough game knowledge that this game seems to require and have been just blindly buying cards for the deck that a random youtuber like Hearts Pirate will tell me I should have in the deck.

I also got in a prerelease event and I pulled the SP Buggy, so I'm pretty happy about that. I'm more of a singles buyer but ripping packs is just fun.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Got into the game when my friend let me try it out. I have a RP law deck and got lucky with my box which had alt art Perona and two Reijus.

Like how cheap the game is overall due to how only the alt arts and promos are valuable. Lucky to have an LGS which doesn’t sell above MSRP.

Madmarker
Jan 7, 2007

Hey check your Walmarts and Targets today. (As well as FLGS and whatever other places) The Three Brother's Ultra Deck came out. 2 of those and 8 cards (4 gecko moria, 4 sabo) is enough to make a tier 1 deck.

even without the gecko or sabo, you can make good blu/y and r/y decks with it needing very few cards to actually get the deck to a tier 1.5 state.

The decks are going fast so if you are even tacitly interested at getting them at MSRP I'd look now.

The deck should be anywhere from 37-41 bux if sold around msrp depending on tax.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Or online for double MSRP hooray!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Party Miser
Apr 1, 2011
I'm going to just keep going to the same magical Walgreens where they consistently have two packs for five bucks each every time i go. maybe they'll have the deck (doubtful)