Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Ghost Leviathan posted:

And while it also doesn't count, GI Joe: The Movie's cold opening to the theme is the best.

It should have cold opened to the Fenslerfilms "GI JOOOOOOOOOEEEEE"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I

Ghost Leviathan posted:

And while it also doesn't count, GI Joe: The Movie's cold opening to the theme is the best.

Pretty insane animation. They blew a huge chunk of the budget on it.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Anonymous Robot posted:

Pretty insane animation. They blew a huge chunk of the budget on it.

I'm not in the slightest surprised. And it was probably worth it.

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

The Baron's daughter is missing, and you are the man to find her. No problem. With your inexhaustible arsenal of hard-boiled similes, there is nothing you can't handle.
Grimey Drawer

therattle posted:

Just finished Oppenheimer. Not sure it even breaks into my top 10. Christopher Nolan is not what I’d call a subtle director. My wife felt like she was watching a very long trailer.

I also just watched Oppenheimer and was surprised that it's basically a movie about the Oppenheimer security hearings with occasional flashbacks to the Manhattan project. I guess I thought there would be more focus on building the bomb.

Best part was Klaus Fuchs being played by the same guy who played not-Klaus Fuchs in the Manhattan show. That guy needs to take care to avoid being typecast!

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.
That guy Fuchs!

Bright Bart
Apr 27, 2020

False. There is only one electron and it has never stopped
How to Have Sex became available very recently here and we watched it before looking at the fireworks. Those were a much needed palette cleanser let me tell you!

I didn't understand one part of the narrative, though. Tara (the protagonist) hints to her friend at the end that her first time wasn't consensual. She was clearly assaulted more recently, but she first told her girls that she slept with the boy presumably in that scene where she kind of mumbles her OK for whatever they did while they're lying on the beach. Was she referring to that and not the later more blatant rape? Or did they not end up having sex on the beach and the rape was her first time? I mean, it doesn't matter all that much. Your first time can be spectacular and something you fully initiated; if that same person wakes you up a few days later with penetration that's bound to be traumatic. But it was just confusing.

I'm adding this to the list of 'films I will never watch again'. Not entirely sure if it goes alongside some like American Beauty as a good film I will never watch again.

Bright Bart fucked around with this message at 15:35 on Jan 1, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
New thread