Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dumb Sex-Parrot
whilst - well it's more the snooty types who use it, i used it all the time when i was younger :blush:

thank you Saoshyantx4, Plant MONSTER. and deep dish peat moss for the excellent signature

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Hippo

The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > Batman's Shameful Secret > BSS Derailed Thread: Spider-Island

phoenix but that probably aint even english

Sherbert Hoover

Working hard, thank you!

Areola Grande posted:

sherbet. not enough Rs

:hmmyes:

this sig is protected by Simsmagic!

The Hello Machine

I'm not a real machine, but I am a real Hello-sayer.
comittee !

Areola Grande

it's a free country u pervs

go on :birdthunk:

Finger Prince

Ground.
You want ground coffee? Like from the ground?

Also it's one of those words you could trick a Canadian spy in to saying to reveal he's secretly a Canadian.

Ass-penny

Finger Prince posted:

Ground.
You want ground coffee? Like from the ground?

Also it's one of those words you could trick a Canadian spy in to saying to reveal he's secretly a Canadian.

you don't think Canadian spies are trained to withstand that kind of interrogation? :baduk::canada:

thank you so much to nesamdoom for the scurry fall sig!

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻ #YesNutNovember - add this to your sig if you love and support BYOB's own nut

Finger Prince

rear end-penny posted:

you don't think Canadian spies are trained to withstand that kind of interrogation? :baduk::canada:

Ok mister Joe American, if that's your real name... Answer me this: what is the best Steven Segal movie this isn't Under Seige??

Areola Grande

I love all the Canadian Spy movies starring nardwuar

spring sigs by nesamdoom and Ravenous Scoot

Justa Dandelion

[sobbing] Look at the circles under my eyes. I haven't slept in weeks!

Instead of "snowed" you can say "snew" and that's pretty bad.

Hoooooo boy.
:bananacoin::bananacoin::bananacoin::bananacoin::bananacoin:

Thank you deeply friend Saoshyant and friend w4ddl3d33 and friend Revenous Scoot for these lovely little doodles!

Areola Grande

the past tense of spank is spunk and yet ppl never say they just spunk th' monk

:abrathink:

Sherbert Hoover

Working hard, thank you!
idk how to describe this but I've always been slightly bothered by small english words that sound particularly dull but harsh at the same time

"crop" is a good example

when someone says "cash crop" it makes me wince a tiny bit

Stoner Sloth

Sherbert Hoover posted:

idk how to describe this but I've always been slightly bothered by small english words that sound particularly dull but harsh at the same time

"crop" is a good example

when someone says "cash crop" it makes me wince a tiny bit

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crop_milk you're welcome :evilbuddy:

Shifty Nipples

cushion is a word that gets more annoying the more i hear it/read it

Thanks Plant MONSTER. and deep dish peat moss and deep dish peat moss and deep dish peat moss

Ass-penny

Shifty Nipples posted:

cushion is a word that gets more annoying the more i hear it/read it

actually I think that applies to most words. I only need to read a word 7-8 times back-to-back before it loses all meaning.

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻ #YesNutNovember - add this to your sig if you love and support BYOB's own nut

Sherbert Hoover

Working hard, thank you!

rear end-penny posted:

actually I think that applies to most words. I only need to read a word 7-8 times back-to-back before it loses all meaning.

my go-to for this is "was"

Twenty Four

Pepperoncini

Most people I know pronounce it something like "pepper-cheeny", straight up leaving letters out and adding new ones. I think this is wrong, but if you say it correctly as in Italian, people around here probably would look at you weird.

I don't really care if we pronounce it like the spelling, or spell it like the messed-up pronunciation, but let's pick one and go with it!

There's probably some bastardized etymological reason for this I am unaware of (I guess I wouldn't mind hearing it if there is), but this thread is about having beef with a word, not necessarily being locally acceptable!

Areola Grande

Twenty Four posted:

Pepperoncini

Most people I know pronounce it something like "pepper-cheeny", straight up leaving letters out and adding new ones. I think this is wrong, but if you say it correctly as in Italian, people around here probably would look at you weird.

I don't really care if we pronounce it like the spelling, or spell it like the messed-up pronunciation, but let's pick one and go with it!

There's probably some bastardized etymological reason for this I am unaware of (I guess I wouldn't mind hearing it if there is), but this thread is about having beef with a word, not necessarily being locally acceptable!

Worcestershire

Ass-penny

the minimum in minimum wage

Areola Grande

rear end-penny posted:

the minimum in minimum wage

maybe there should be a maximum wage instead

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ass-penny

Areola Grande posted:

maybe there should be a maximum wage instead

:kiss: