Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Areola Grande

it's a free country u pervs
prerogative. too many Rs

sherbet. not enough Rs

spring sigs by nesamdoom and Ravenous Scoot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

basket

crystalline beings are usually slower, more rational thinkers... unless their structural fragility is echo'd by their response triggers...
i have been with the term beef implying beef,

what if cows see colours as evoking a response they don't have?
what if we wave red flags to focus attention, not even realising the physical and mental pain involved in such a constant forced focus.

on the other hand, who cares, cows must just be dumb. unless maybe not seeing colours the same doesn't actually mean seeing the same colour differently.

basket fucked around with this message at 09:43 on Jan 15, 2023

Moo Cowabunga

[Office Worker.

as I posting bovine I agree with the above comment

Platinum User Pot Smoke Phoenix!

VANISHER

HEATHER PAPPS

https://giant.gfycat.com/WellgroomedImperfectHaddock.webm the vanisher

Moo Cowabunga

[Office Worker.

also I have beef with lamb

for obvious reasons.

Platinum User Pot Smoke Phoenix!

VANISHER

HEATHER PAPPS

https://giant.gfycat.com/WellgroomedImperfectHaddock.webm the vanisher

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

Colonel

Areola Grande

Forecastle

Ass-penny

the fact we use words like beef and pork to distance ourselves from the reality of eating cows and pigs.

thank you so much to nesamdoom for the scurry fall sig!

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻ #YesNutNovember - add this to your sig if you love and support BYOB's own nut

nesamdoom

nesaM killed Masen

Envelope, envelope, envelope. All three mean 'surrounding' something, roughly, but are pronounced differently and I'm annoyed.

Shadow0

If to live in this style is to be eccentric, it must be confessed that there is something good in eccentricity.

rear end-penny posted:

the fact we use words like beef and pork to distance ourselves from the reality of eating cows and pigs.

Like many things, this is (likely) the French's fault: https://www.dictionary.com/e/animal-names-change-become-food/

Ass-penny

Shadow0 posted:

Like many things, this is (likely) the French's fault: https://www.dictionary.com/e/animal-names-change-become-food/

thanks for the link!

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻ #YesNutNovember - add this to your sig if you love and support BYOB's own nut

Ass-penny

nesamdoom posted:

Envelope, envelope, envelope. All three mean 'surrounding' something, roughly, but are pronounced differently and I'm annoyed.

I can only think of two of them and there's no real way to ask for clarification lol that is going to big me

Shifty Nipples

words that are spelled the same but are different words depending on context like drawer

Thanks Plant MONSTER. and deep dish peat moss and deep dish peat moss and deep dish peat moss

Shifty Nipples

droor

Thanks Plant MONSTER. and deep dish peat moss and deep dish peat moss and deep dish peat moss

biosterous

noun: ON-vuh-lope
verb: en-VEH-lope

i can't think of the third pronunciation

i guess some people do the noun more anglicized ie EN-vuh-lope but it's still the same word & meaning so idk

thank you saoshyant for this sig!!!
gallery of sigs

he/him

Areola Grande

biosterous posted:

i guess some people do the noun more anglicized ie EN-vuh-lope but it's still the same word & meaning so idk

I don't think there's a third one :shrug:

Finger Prince

Lieutenant (pronounced the English way - ie leftenant)

Finger Prince

Turbine pronounced the American way (ie turban)

nesamdoom

nesaM killed Masen

biosterous posted:

Lol, figured out I'm dumb and added the e after envelop. So, less angry with the word, but still some for it still being essentially the same.

https://i.imgur.com/1qBoiAi.mp4

Manifisto - 2023,rear end-penny - 2023,Saoshyant - 2023,Pot Smoke Phoenix - 2022,Pot Smoke Phoenix - 2022,Manifisto - 2018,Pot Smoke Phoenix - 2021
RepeatingMeme

this place is not a place of honor

no highly esteemed deed is commemorated here

nothing valued is here

what is here was dangerous and repulsive to us

this place is best shunned and left uninhabited

Sissors

Sicsors

Sizcers

Goddamn how the gently caress am i supposed to remember how to spell scissors?!?

Thanks Justa Dandelion, Dumb Sex-Parrot, deep dish peat moss!

RepeatingMeme

this place is not a place of honor

no highly esteemed deed is commemorated here

nothing valued is here

what is here was dangerous and repulsive to us

this place is best shunned and left uninhabited

Thanks to Bruce Almighty i dont have that problem with the word Beautiful. Thanks Jim!

Thanks Justa Dandelion, Dumb Sex-Parrot, deep dish peat moss!

Dr. Honked

eat it you slaaaaaaag
snippybois

thanks deep dish pete moss and Plant MONSTER

baka of lathspell

there’s definitely some word I don’t like what comes to mind rn is crumpet cuz it rhymes with trumpet. you shouldn’t make words rhyme with that word

join dork order
sig by ??? (<3 u)

Areola Grande

baka fwocka fwame posted:

there’s definitely some word I don’t like what comes to mind rn is crumpet cuz it rhymes with trumpet. you shouldn’t make words rhyme with that word

strumpet :twisted:

Shifty Nipples

pulpit

Finger Prince

Words ending in "-er" that, for some archaic reason, are spelled "-re". That spelling makes sense if you're saying it in French, which ok they're the ones that came up with the words, but you don't pronounce it "kilometre" in English ffs! You don't spell beef "bouef"!
Liter meter theater fiber etc.

Robot Made of Meat

Finger Prince posted:

Words ending in "-er" that, for some archaic reason, are spelled "-re". That spelling makes sense if you're saying it in French, which ok they're the ones that came up with the words, but you don't pronounce it "kilometre" in English ffs! You don't spell beef "bouef"!
Liter meter theater fiber etc.

Timbre is worse. Not only does it have the "re" ending, but it's pronounced (objectively) wrong!

Thanks to Manifisto for the sig!

Heather Papps

hello friend

succulent

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!

Areola Grande

u don't like suckling succulent sweets for sustenance?

Heather Papps

hello friend

i love many things that could be described as succelent but i refuse to use that word to describe them. the english language is many splendoured, i can find other ways to describe a peach or a butt.

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!

Areola Grande

Heather Papps posted:

i love many things that could be described as succelent but i refuse to use that word to describe them. the english language is many splendoured, i can find other ways to describe a peach or a butt.

my trigger word has always been packet. gives me the creeps just typing it :shudder:

Shifty Nipples

Areola Grande posted:

my trigger word has always been packet. gives me the creeps just typing it :shudder:

packet is a weird word

packet of sweets wut

Robot Made of Meat

I'm here to return that succulent me.

Thanks to Manifisto for the sig!

Finger Prince

Succulent? More like succmybaalllllls!

Shifty Nipples

comfy

Areola Grande

u feelin comf or???

Justa Dandelion

[sobbing] Look at the circles under my eyes. I haven't slept in weeks!

Experiential. Sounds like a fake word.

Yum when used as an adjective, "that's so yum".

Hoooooo boy.
:bananacoin::bananacoin::bananacoin::bananacoin::bananacoin:

Thank you deeply friend Saoshyant and friend w4ddl3d33 and friend Revenous Scoot for these lovely little doodles!

Ass-penny

Finger Prince posted:

Succulent? More like succmybaalllllls!

Ass-penny

op have you heard of bofa?

Areola Grande

rear end-penny posted:

op have you heard of bofa?

deez :boom:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Areola Grande

mods pls change the thread name 2 English words with which with u have beef/beeves

a rather embarrassing mistake on my part :sweatdrop: