Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

latinotwink1997
Jan 2, 2008

Taste my Ball of Hope, foul dragon!

Ort posted:

Not sure how the Chiefs are still the favorite with the Mahomes injury. Bengals look scary.

Yea, this. Mahomes is great because of his ability to buy time and make lots of throws on the move. A high ankle sprain seems like it’ll severely impact that (even with a bunch of pain meds). Rooting for the Bengals, because Joe Burrow, and it’ll make the Bills’ loss not feel as bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way
Playing with a high ankle sprain ... man, I don't know. A high ankle sprain introduces so much instability to the joint and is so prone to aggravation or exacerbation that it feels like you're just begging for disaster. It's the glue holding your tibia and fibula together.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Yeah day of is one thing - you're running on adrenaline and it hasn't fully swollen up yet.

It's pretty drat painful right now and nigh impossible to put any serious weight on. He'll probably try to play, but it feels like a bad idea and he's going to have the mobility of Drew Bledsoe.

Kirios fucked around with this message at 15:59 on Jan 23, 2023

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

Ornery and Hornery posted:

Every fan who’s team is not in the playoffs must root for KC.

Our objective should be for Mahomes to win as many rings as possible, so that he may dislodge noted fraud Tom Brady from the public’s GOAT.

He's only one ahead of Joe, I say we just root for Joe Burrow to win as many rings as possible.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Chiefs/Bengals rivalry to match Colts/Patriots would be kind of fun to watch for the next couple years.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
If I were the Chiefs I would push all my chips in on the Bengals back up curse cuz we've seen what a healthy Patrick Mahomes does verses the Cincinnati defense.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

The Chiefs should do something dumb. That's how they will win.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
I'm like 100% sure the Bengals are winning so take that FWIW.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Unless I've really been blinded by their schedule, I just don't see how the Eagles look significantly more dominant than the remaining teams. I also think the last three games of their season aren't a gauge of their ability at all, and they just look flawless in almost every area.

I'm a Giants fan, it hurts to type that.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

The Dave posted:

Unless I've really been blinded by their schedule, I just don't see how the Eagles look significantly more dominant than the remaining teams. I also think the last three games of their season aren't a gauge of their ability at all, and they just look flawless in almost every area.

I'm a Giants fan, it hurts to type that.

The Eagles are best on the DL and OL of any team left.

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way
I think the only team I'd call a lock against the Eagles would be the Chiefs with a healthy Mahomes. With a busted Mahomes, I think the four teams are just about even. Everybody's got poo poo they're great at and everybody has a glaring weakness or two.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Toaster Beef posted:

I think the only team I'd call a lock against the Eagles would be the Chiefs with a healthy Mahomes. With a busted Mahomes, I think the four teams are just about even. Everybody's got poo poo they're great at and everybody has a glaring weakness or two.
More people overlooking Joe Cool.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I argue people are heavily underestimating the Eagles. You are going to see SF lose by double digits and then who knows?

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat
I would be cool with the Bengos getting rings. It would be nice to see some new uniforms hoist that trophy.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

ASAPRockySituation posted:

I argue people are heavily underestimating the Eagles. You are going to see SF lose by double digits and then who knows?

I’d argue the exact opposite. 49ers strengths matchup fairly well with the Eagles weaknesses. I don’t think it’ll be an Eagles win at all and certainly not by more than a point or two.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Hurts will do what hes done all year: scramble for a big gain when the SF defense clamps the rest, then exploit the coverage drawn to contain him from then on. He will also have all day to throw on most plays. On the other side of the ball, Purdy is going to look significantly worse than he did against Dallas. Our line will make him roll out in that dumb 10 yards deep thing he does over and over and he will be shown to be the QB you would expect Mr Irrelevant to be. The Eagles have enough tape and the personnel to effectively scheme him into nothing.

It’s going to be bloody.

Penisaurus Sex
Feb 3, 2009

asdfghjklpoiuyt
Going to be interesting to watch Purdy against a defense that’s both talented throughout and well coached instead of the messes of Dallas and Seattle.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

Dallas’s defense was not the problem yesterday

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

Against the Eagles D? I would too.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

The Niners had scored 37+ points in 4 straight games. The Cowboys defense was very good yesterday?

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

LiquidFriend posted:

Against the Eagles D? I would too.

This is the same Eagles team that lost to the lowly Saints like 3 weeks ago because they, as one of the best rushing teams in the league, couldnt gameplan well enough to run against one of the worst run Ds. 14 runs to like 35 passes from their backup QB and they failed to lock up the 1 seed.

I'm not calling the Eagles bad but thinking "just because the defense is good Joe Burrow should be counted out" feels a bit silly.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Diva Cupcake posted:

The Niners had scored 37+ points in 4 straight games. The Cowboys defense was very good yesterday?

Yes, they were. The Eagles are going to be better still.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

I'm not calling the Eagles bad but thinking "just because the defense is good Joe Burrow should be counted out" feels a bit silly.

that's not the only reason. the Bengals are the team that is most worrying of the remaining three though. also the fact that he has a second hand nickname

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

The Cincinnati Bengals are winning the Super Bowl

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

indigi posted:

that's not the only reason. the Bengals are the team that is most worrying of the remaining three though. also the fact that he has a second hand nickname
Yeah a 49ers friend just called me out on that. Going to go with Jeaux Cool I think.

BoosterDuck
Mar 2, 2019
there needs to be someone at cowboys hq who can distract jerry by jingling keys in his face like how theres employees at tesla/spacex who distract elon so he doesnt gently caress up their operations

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Never Count Out Touchdown Joe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005
The Niners' success relies on forcing defenses to commit to the run and then exploiting that to create easy passing opportunities. They weren't able to do that against Dallas until late in the game.

Looking at the NFCCG as Hurts vs Purdy sorta misses how SF actually works on offense.