Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
News:
https://twitter.com/MikeGarafolo/status/1614841919103963136

Views:
Yeah we still got Cowboys at Buccaneers on Monday but :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Opening lines…

Chiefs -8.5
Bills -3.5
Eagles -7.5

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

3 of the more matchups next week are pretty exciting.

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014
If I never hear "Super Wild Card Weekend presented by Verizon" again in my life I will die a happy man.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
So the NFL bent over backwards to ensure the Bills would get a neutral site game against the Chiefs but are making the Bengals go to Buffalo

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
The more I see Brock Purdy's succeed, the more I believe Jimmy G is going to be an abject disaster on his next team.

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

The more I see Brock Purdy's succeed, the more I believe Jimmy G is going to be an abject disaster on his next team.

If you look at Jimmy's injury history and sign him to be a starter anyway, you deserve the disaster.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Nodoze posted:

So the NFL bent over backwards to ensure the Bills would get a neutral site game against the Chiefs but are making the Bengals go to Buffalo
It's absolutely stupid. The NFL fumbled it completely.

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

Nodoze posted:

They pretty much treated that game as a Bills victory. It's disgusting.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.
Mandatory viewing prior to tonight's game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W2Ns88bEYhY

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

Jimmy was good in New England when he was on the field, which is the biggest problem not his ability.

I'd be more worried about Trey Lance, but I think Purdy might have already taken his job provided he doesn't have an absolute meltdown in one of these next games

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Isn't it a bit early for this thread when the Bucs and Cowboys play today

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
From what I’ve seen no one really seems to care that much about it

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Nervous posted:

Mandatory viewing prior to tonight's game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W2Ns88bEYhY

I feel bad for Romo but not the Cowboys

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

CharlestheHammer posted:

The biggest postseason fraud will be sent home tonight.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

CharlestheHammer posted:

It's Brady hate vs Cowboys hate averaging out to beige.

Plus the Bucs are bad and the 21st century Cowboys always choke in the playoffs, so it's stoppable force vs. movable object.

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam

Taerkar posted:

The biggest postseason fraud will be sent home tonight.

Vikings lost last night though ...

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg posted:

Vikings lost last night though ...

That's exactly right.

I hope that the Cowboys win so that Tom Brady continues his season of humiliating failures and also he loses his undefeated record against the Cowboys.

HappyHippo
Nov 19, 2003
Do you have an Air Miles Card?

sean10mm posted:

It's Brady hate vs Cowboys hate averaging out to beige.

Plus the Bucs are bad and the 21st century Cowboys always choke in the playoffs, so it's stoppable force vs. movable object.

Is there any way they could both lose? Just send the Lions in their stead

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

You know the NFL would still advance Brady if that somehow happened.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

My money is on the Bucs only because I dont trust McCarthy not to completely forget how to call / manage a game.

Im still hoping the cowboys win though

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

gently caress the Cowboys

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Can both teams lose tonight? Or the very least treat us to an awful trainwreck of clownball?

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

Mustached Demon posted:

Can both teams lose tonight? Or the very least treat us to an awful trainwreck of clownball?

they don't allow ties

it's tff's living nightmare

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

At least we get a Manningcast tonight.

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Just keep looking at what we're doing, keep watering and ask yourselves first and know 'Are you watering? And are you fertilizing every day?' So when it's time to pop, it'll pop.

Vertical Lime posted:

they don't allow ties

it's tff's living nightmare

32 consecutive overtimes. Game ends as the sun rises on Tampa and Brady crawls the ball into the end zone from the 15, unopposed because the last remaining Cowboy has passed out. Never count out Touchdown Tom.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Taerkar posted:

At least we get a Manningcast tonight.

4 hours of Eli talking about Tom Brady's 18-1 season.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
You think Eli wants Tom to lose or would he want to poo poo talk his 2007 win every week during the playoffs?

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

He’s gone

https://twitter.com/4mr_monty/status/1615003614317268996?s=46&t=qnKM3eSq29aII_9Ibz60CQ

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

ooooooooooh I just don't think this is gonna work out for anyone

Hizawk
Jun 18, 2004

High on the Lions.

Lamaar posting more like a WR than his native position of RB.

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

Hizawk posted:

Lamaar posting more like a WR than his native position of RB.
lol

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

does he... not understand what the franchise tag is?

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Yes I'm sure he does and also understands that he can just sit instead of signing the tag because he is a star QB

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Lamar getting the franchise tag then holding out for a trade would be incredible.

The fact the last QB contracts (Watson, Wilson, and Murray) are looking to be gigantic disasters just makes this even better.

:sickos:

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

Yes I'm sure he does and also understands that he can just sit instead of signing the tag because he is a star QB

1: Sign Franchise Tag
2: Get season ending knee surgery.
3: still get paid

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

That's my retirement plan.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

syzpid posted:

If you look at Jimmy's injury history and sign him to be a starter anyway, you deserve the disaster.

bah gawd that's josh mcdaniels' music

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

:thunk:

quote:

Dolphins GM Chris Grier said he's learned through discussions with doctors and the NFLPA that QB Tua Tagovailoa is no more prone to concussions than any other NFL player.

Given the tumultuous 2022 season Tagovailoa had, this is reassuring. Miami's signal-caller suffered at least two concussions this season, which led to him missing four regular season games and the team's AFC Wild Card matchup against the Bills. Tagovailoa's string of concussions left some wondering about whether or not he'd continue to play after this season, but the team has already announced their plans to have him back as the starter in 2023. Given what we know about the effects of multiple concussions, Tagovailoa's long-term health is still worth considering, even if he's no more prone to future concussions than any other player.

False, btw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
I blame Tua's dad's training methods of bonking Tua on the head with a giant hammer until he throws better.