Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

i can't believe they put a 75 year old behind the wheel of a porsche and he immediately binned it

Lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Being a dentist must be code for joining the mob

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Oh man I can't believe I missed the roar before.

Oh is the 24 actually being streamed on peacock? May have to stay subscribed. My kids r gunna be sad next weekend.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

tater_salad posted:

Oh is the 24 actually being streamed on peacock? May have to stay subscribed. My kids r gunna be sad next weekend.

Yep, the official U.S. broadcast is on Peacock next week.

The IMSA Radio feed (the video plus Radio Le Mans on commentary) is available streaming outside the U.S., or if you can trick your device into thinking you’re outside the U.S.

I’ll try to reboot the thread this week ahead of the Daytona 24 and include some watch guide there.

Bloopsy
Jun 1, 2006

you have been visited by the Tasty Garlic Bread. you will be blessed by having good Garlic Bread in your life time, but only if you comment "ty garlic bread" in the thread below

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

against my better judgement, i subscribed to peacock for a month for daytona to see if it sucks less. i last tried it in 2021 for the indy 500 and it was an absolutely miserable experience so clearly i am a dumbass.

i guess i'll report in after (or more likely, during) the 24 hours as to how much it does or doesn't suck.

I used it the last two years for Daytona and it sucked. Enjoy!

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Just a heads up, Sonny Pitt will be at Daytona for some filming.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Bloopsy posted:

I used it the last two years for Daytona and it sucked. Enjoy!

IMSA is always the better feed but sometimes dealing with a VPN and poo poo for a roku connected tv just isn't worth it. Also my living room and bedroom are torn apart due to ongoing renovations so I don't have a lot of room to plop a laptop down and HDMI it.

Bloopsy
Jun 1, 2006

you have been visited by the Tasty Garlic Bread. you will be blessed by having good Garlic Bread in your life time, but only if you comment "ty garlic bread" in the thread below

tater_salad posted:

IMSA is always the better feed but sometimes dealing with a VPN and poo poo for a roku connected tv just isn't worth it. Also my living room and bedroom are torn apart due to ongoing renovations so I don't have a lot of room to plop a laptop down and HDMI it.

It beats not watching, that’s for sure. This year I have a VPN so I’ll try IMSA this time otherwise it’s back to Peacock for me.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Imsa is leaps and bounds better iirc.

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno
I have peacock for other reasons and I still won't watch IMSA (at least weathertech) on peacock. I'll always vpn for the international feed. Same with Indycar, I'd rather pay for the international feed than have the peacock feed with full screen ads that I already pay for.

The feeder series broadcasts are pretty good since they're dedicated on peacock.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

give motortrend broadcast rights for imsa imo

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I just watch whatever trash I can find on youtube. Oval racing in general doesn't groove my brain right. Unless its crown victorias.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

coconono posted:

I just watch whatever trash I can find on youtube. Oval racing in general doesn't groove my brain right. Unless its crown victorias.

Cletus n cars was kinda cool and fun to watch.

Arcella
Dec 16, 2013

Shiny and Chrome

Colostomy Bag posted:

Just a heads up, Sonny Pitt will be at Daytona for some filming.

who?

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

The Brad Pitt Formula 1 movie is apparently filming some action at the Daytona 24 weekend, sounds likely that early in the movie his character is a driver of a certain age now running in IMSA GTD who gets pulled back into F1.

But the coolest part of the whole thing is this beauty of a camera car

https://twitter.com/marshallpruett/status/1748107569116160188

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

harperdc posted:

The Brad Pitt Formula 1 movie is apparently filming some action at the Daytona 24 weekend, sounds likely that early in the movie his character is a driver of a certain age now running in IMSA GTD who gets pulled back into F1.

But the coolest part of the whole thing is this beauty of a camera car

https://twitter.com/marshallpruett/status/1748107569116160188

Proper race car, that.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

algebra testes posted:

Proper race car, that.

I’m a big fan of their custom, one-off item to make sure nothing gets into the air intake while in the pits :hmmyes:

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

Just a reminder for Non American's that want to watch.

Non-American viewers can watch the Daytona 24 Hours live via streaming on IMSA.tv, whose coverage begins on Sunday 21 January with a five-minute build up to qualifying at 1:55pm ET. IMSA.tv will also broadcast the entire race with its stream starting at 1:35pm ET on Saturday 27 January.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

checking out the IMSA.tv stuff. They have 24 at Daytona qualifying laps up for free, those GTP cars are pretty fragile. Neel Jani lost his tires and bonked his rear wheel against the barricades. Done for the day.

coconono fucked around with this message at 18:56 on Jan 24, 2024

Virgil Vox
Dec 8, 2009

MX5 cup season starting in ~30 mins, I think a live utube stream here, and posted on IMSA channel later.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Virgil Vox posted:

MX5 cup season starting in ~30 mins, I think a live utube stream here, and posted on IMSA channel later.

saw the last few laps, that was a really exciting finish.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Mx5 racing is some of the best road racing out there. I was busy for the race so will fire it up this morning with coffee

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik
Skipped through the replay a bit and a whole lot of Miatas going through turn four stacked 2x10 like it’s Nascar Cup was awesome.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

devmd01 posted:

Skipped through the replay a bit and a whole lot of Miatas going through turn four stacked 2x10 like it’s Nascar Cup was awesome.

the driving ability is way better than nascar

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

ArmedZombie posted:

the driving ability is way better than nascar

i spoke too soon...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

As promised, We have a new thread for 2024 live and ready