Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

HulkaMatt posted:

I struggle joining in lists like these bc I'm no longer the person I was 15 years ago when I'd be keeping tabs on WWE/TNA/ROH/NOAH/PWG/CHIKARA. I'm pretty much just AEW/ROH only. But it is a drat shame that my #1 have wrestled their last match together.

Oasx posted:

I'm not a huge tag team fan, I have 7 so far, but i'm struggling with the rest.

:justpost:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

this kid is nuts
Mar 30, 2016
10. Black Desire (Starlight Kid & Momo Watanabe)
One twats people with a bat while the other is a crazy lucha wunderkind, you can't go wrong with this combo

9. Bishamon (Hirooki Goto & Yoshi-Hashi)
I've always liked these boys, but if you were to tell me a couple years back that I would find Yoshi-Hashi kitted out like a samurai genuinely cool I would have laughed in your face. They proved me wrong, just as they always prove the haters wrong, time and time again

8. Saki Kashima & Fukigen Death (they probably have a team name but can't remember it)
One is a clown that twats people with a newspaper while the other is a devious roll-up merchant, you can't go wrong with this combo (though I suppose both are devious roll-up merchants, which is also why they're cool)

7. Dangerous Tekkers (Zack Sabre Jr. & Taichi)
2020 - 21 were their glory years and 2022 maybe not so much, but regardless they always deliver. The best tag team to come out of Gedo-era NJPW imo (Golden Lovers don't count technically because they started in DDT. Also Tekkers' bond of friendship is much more awe-inspiring and unbreakable than theirs, gently caress you I'm right)

6. CDK (Chris Brookes & Masa Takanashi)
They took the Best Bros' place at the top of the Gatoh Move totem pole, and while I wasn't that keen on them at first (not that I thought they were bad, I just didn't think they were as good a team as Best Bros), they've grown on me in a big way. I think I remember reading somewhere that Masa is a big Jackie Chan fan and you can tell, as there's often a great blend of cool-looking sequences and comedic moments in their matches. They also had an absolutely demented match where they fought a horrific team of rejected Power Rangers monsters. Everyone should watch it.

5. NEO Biishiki-gun (Mei Saint-Michel & Saki sama)
Best gimmicks in wrestling. Absolutely world-class balance of slapstick and good wrestling

4. Magical Sugar Rabbits (Mizuki & Yuka Sakazaki)
It's weirdly compelling watching two harmless-looking tiny women bully rookies about the ring after coming out to the most cheerful entrance theme ever, while hitting moves named after Pixar films. They're funny and scary, and tell crystal clear stories in the ring

3. Reiwa AA Cannon (Saki Akai & Yuki Arai)
A very traditional babyface team done well. Akai is the experienced vet and Arai the rookie who often gets in over her head and needs rescuing. It's a simple dynamic but evergreen in wrestling imo. Like MagiRabi, they tell very clear and complete stories in the ring with clear and defined characters, which I always appreciate in wrestling

2. Best Bros (Baliyan Akki & Mei Suruga)
Similar to Tekkers, 2020-21 were probably better years for them, and that probably should have an effect on their ranking, but they're so good I don't really care tbh. Akki is the hard-hitting gritty one, Mei is the mad little fucker flying about the place, and this unlikely duo have managed to fit some of the best tag matches I've seen into a dentist's waiting room. Smooth as anything and endlessly creative. The Dolphin Press is my favourite tag finisher ever and I can't think of anything that's even close

1. FTR (Dax Harwood & Cash Wheeler)
I hadn't seen them before watching their match against Aussie Open, and they blew me away. Their matches are a perfect marriage of old-school tag match structures and more modern sequence-based stuff. Very good at coming across as hard nuts going to war while simultaneously seeming vulnerable and greater than the sum of their parts

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

this kid is nuts posted:

8. Saki Kashima & Fukigen Death (they probably have a team name but can't remember it)
One is a clown that twats people with a newspaper while the other is a devious roll-up merchant, you can't go wrong with this combo (though I suppose both are devious roll-up merchants, which is also why they're cool)

During the Tag League they are We Love Tokyo Sports, in the hopes of getting more coverage in Tokyo Sports...

Big Dave
Nov 6, 2009

Friends don't shake hands, friends gotta hug!

All US indie wrestlers

1. Kristian Ross and Chris Bradley
2. Kaos Ctrl (Rocket and Cecilio Vega)
3. The Kirks (Brandon Kirk and Kasey Catal)
4. Waves and Curls (Jaylen Brandyn and Traevon Jordan)
5. The Rep (Nate Carter and Dave McCall)
6. Mane Event (Jay Lyon and Midas Black)
7. Miracle Generation (Dustin "Flash" Waller and Kylon King)
8. YoKai (Yoya and Janai Kai)
9. Bussy (Allie Katch and Effy)
10. Violence is Forever (Dominic Garrini and Kevin Ku)

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
10. Chaos Project - A guy and his living weapon.
9. House of Black (Brody King and Buddy Mathews) - Two unstoppable monsters.
8. 2Point0 - They may have gotten a little lost in the Jericho Cinematic Universe, but they are still a super fun team.
7. Blackpool Combat Club (Bryan Danielson and Jon Moxley) - Hard-hitting and brutal, Bryan Danielson can do no wrong.
6. Dark Order (John Silver and Alex Reynolds) - There may not be many of the spooky perverts left, but the ones we have are the spookiest.
5. The Young Bucks -They still put out consistently great tag matches week after week.
4. Top Flight - The most athletic and exciting tag team around.
3. Best Friends - The most wholesome team in wrestling.
2. Blackpool Combat Club (Wheeler Yuta and Claudio Castagnoli) - Yoots have come a long way during the last year, and Claudio has always been great.
1. The Acclaimed - Everyone loves The Acclaimed.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

what is your top ten favorite active tag teams from 2022?

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

I really only watch AEW, but the Fed youtube kinda gives me all I need from them as well. I'm certain there are teams from Japan that i should see that are deserving, but I didn't watch that really last year so it is what it is. I would love to include women's tag teams, but at least in AEW they are very fluid and often change so hopefully that changes this year and we get a bit more definition over there to that division.

1) Top Flight - these guys have great chemistry, Dante truly does inhuman stuff, and they're rapidly improving every time i see them. Darius provides a nice balance to what Dante does too. Strap a rocket on em!
2) FTR - Top Guys deserve a break after the run of bangers they had last year.
3) The Acclaimed - EVERYONE LOVES THE ACCLAIMED, i just want to be impressed by the ring work more often, they're capable of it
4) The Lucha Bros - CERO MIEDO, love the skeleton man and his brothers kinetic energy in every match
5) The Young Bucks - kinda like Kenny, missing them for a bit showed how important and good they are
6) Swerve in Our Glory - dudes were a cool tandem and then it fell apart in dramatic fun fashion
7) BCC (Mox & Danielson) - They pitched being murderous wrestle monsters together and when they do that they are very very good
8) The USOS - they are top tier performers and Jey's storyline with Sami etc is great. just youtube clips are enough to appreciate what they've done
9) The Best Friends - YOU'VE GOT TO GIVE THE PEOPLE WHAT THEY WANT
10) Le Sex Gods (Jericho & Sammy) - they don't team often, but they are just really fun together in the ring. The quips between each other, the pose! Its fun!

The Notorious ZSB fucked around with this message at 19:04 on Feb 8, 2023

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Bumping this back onto the front page as i'm watching Bishamon vs TMDK. Tag wrestling is good

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
I completely forgot about the Bakuretsu Sisters :smith:

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル
1) One to Million (Miyu Yamashita/Maki Itoh) - TJPW
2) DayDream (Miu Watanabe/Rika Tatsumi) - TJPW
3) Best Bros (Mei Suruga/Baliyan Akki) - Gatoh Move
4) MagiRabbi (Yuka Sakazaki/Mizuki) - TJPW
5) Kyoraku Kyomei (Hyper Misao/Shoko Nakajima) - TJPW
6) Best Friends (Chuck Taylor/Trent) - AEW
7) Toyo Mates (Yuki Kamifuku/Mahiro Kiryu) - TJPW
8) Daisy Monkey (Arisu Endo/Suzume) - TJPW
9) MaiHime (Himeka/Maika) - Stardom
10) Free Wifi (Kakuta Nao/Hikari Noa) - TJPW

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

10. The Young Bucks (Nick and Matt Jackson), AEW

The Young Bucks are one of the best and most influential tag teams of the past 15 or so years. They're great, and put on amazing matches on a regular basis. I super enjoy watching them perform, and it's been great to see them put over upcoming and promising teams in AEW. I have a feeling they also deserve credit for turning the AEW tag team scene into the best in the world. Probably would be higher if they hadn't spent the second half of 2022 doing trios stuff.

9. 121000000 (Maki Itoh and Miyu Yamashita), TJPW

What's not to love? Individually both Maki Itoh and Miyu Yamashita are great, and complement each other wonderfully. Maki Itoh has become a very talented in ring worker, but she's still more on the comedy spots side of wrestling, whereas Miyu Yamashita will just punch and kick your head off. As a team they've also started crossing over into each others' worlds occasionally, producing magic.

8. Dark Order / Beaver Boys (John Silver and John Reynolds), AEW

I just love these goofballs so much. I missed the earlier parts of the Dark Order, having gotten into AEW only after Brodie Lee's death, so to me they've always been a pure comedy team. As such they've delivered a lot of classic stuff, gotten some truly terrible catchphrases and gimmicks over, and also produced good matches when Tony remembers to give them a chance.

7. Lucha Bros (Penta El Zero M and Rey Fenix), AEW

https://i.imgur.com/RVjiL49.mp4

Penta and Fénix are the coolest motherfuckers in the world. They were my favourite team of 2021, and they probably would be higher on the list if they hadn't been mostly involved in trios stuff since last summer (much like the Young Bucks). Hard to remember either of these guys having a bad match, and more frequently than not all of their outings will have me wondering how the gently caress gravity doesn't seem to affect them like normal people.

6. Magical Sugar Rabbits (Mizuki and Yuka Sakazaki ), TJPW

I've only recently discovered the Magical Sugar Rabbits thanks to finally getting into TJPW, and god drat they own. Yuka is one of the best female wrestlers in the world, and Mizuki is no slouch either. They work really well in the slightly different tag match style TJPW has, and I'd love to see them get some reps on AEW shows with American style teams. Or hell, with Emi Sakura and Mei Suruga. Double hell, I just want to see more of them.

5. Kings of the Black Throne (Malakai Black and Brody King), AEW

https://i.imgur.com/D8M6vzC.mp4

I love spooky Satan poo poo. Malakai Black has been one of my favourites since his AEW debut, and I'm super invested in all of his dumb lore. Somehow everything about the Kings of the Black Throne (and the larger House of Black) speaks to me on some primal level, reaching the teenager inside me who listened to metal in secret and was super into skeletons and the devil. It doesn't hurt that over time they've also become a good in-ring team with some extremely cool tag team moves. Wouldn't hate seeing them get the tag titles in 2023, or House of Black getting the trios titles.

4. Swerve in Our Glory (Keith Lee and Swerve Strickland), AEW

https://i.imgur.com/Z1UwsCf.mp4

Gone but not forgotten, it's a testament to both Keith Lee and Swerve Strickland that they were able to take what was just two guys slapped together, and turn it into one of the best tag team acts of 2022. The guys had great chemistry together both in ring and as characters, and put together some great matches with a ton of of insanely cool spots. They are also the coolest motherfuckers on the planet in the non-skeleton, non-spooky satanist category. Shame their run had to end so quickly, but hopefully their feud will be just as good.

3. FTR (Dax Harwood and Cash Wheeler), AEW

https://i.imgur.com/hiD5qwv.mp4

Started the year hot as hell, wrestled a bunch of really good matches, had three GOTY candidates with the Briscoes and probably a couple more with other teams and still it somehow feels like their 2022 wasn't as amazing as it could've been. It's kinda weird that the much anticipated AEW title run didn't happen, and they've been on the back burner in their home promotion for a while now as Swerve in Our Glory, The Acclaimed and even the loving rear end Boys have hogged the spotlight.

2. Best Friends (Chuck Taylor & Trent Beretta), AEW

https://i.imgur.com/8gtY7yL.mp4

If this was just a ranking of "which tag teams put on the best in ring matches", the Best Friends wouldn't be this high (although they would still be on the list), but it's not. When I was first getting into AEW, Orange Cassidy and the Best Friends were one of the first things I really got into, and my love for them hasn't diminished one bit since then. Their segments are constantly my favourite moments of Dynamite, and all I want is for them to have more of the spotlight. And for Chuck to be allowed to say the S word on TV.

1. The Briscoes (Jay and Mark Briscoe), RoH

https://i.imgur.com/d0P4Sii.mp4

Is this placement affected by Jay's tragic death? Probably a bit, but it's mostly earned on merit. I first saw the Briscoes wrestle at Supercard of Honor 2022, and they blew my dumb mind, but they were GIF and promo over with me even before then. They just had that energy around them. A great look, tons of charisma, a great in-ring presence and some of the best tag team wrestling I've seen. GOTY machines in 2022 and even beyond the awful human tragedy of Jay's death, it's a huge loss to the world of wrestling that probably the best tag team of the past 10 years is done.

Shaman Tank Spec fucked around with this message at 20:05 on Feb 8, 2023

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
1. Young Bucks
2. The Briscoes
3. Best Bros
4. Magical Sugar Rabbits
5. Best Friends
6. Harimao
7. Dangerous Tekkers
8. Lucha Bros.
9. Swerve In Our Glory
10. NEO BISHIKKII GUN

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

6. Magical Sugar Rabbits (Mizuki and Yuka Sakazaki ), TJPW

Sometimes that loving rabbit looks right at ya. Right into your eyes. And the thing about that loving rabbit is she’s got lifeless eyes. Black eyes. Like a doll’s eyes. When she comes spinning at ya, she doesn’t even seem to be livin’… ’til she smashes into ya, and those black eyes roll over white and then… ah then you hear that terrible high-pitched screamin’. That's Yuka. Laughing. And despite all your poundin’ and your hollerin’ they come in and… they rip you to pieces.

Anyway, we delivered the PPV livestream.

Pat Mustard
Mar 9, 2013
1. Briscoes
2. Bucks
3. Bros (Lucha)
4. Best friends
5. Butcher and the Blade
6. Acclaimed
7. FTR
8. Swerve in our glory
9. Top Flight
10. Outrunners

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Jerusalem posted:

Sometimes that loving rabbit looks right at ya. Right into your eyes. And the thing about that loving rabbit is she’s got lifeless eyes. Black eyes. Like a doll’s eyes. When she comes spinning at ya, she doesn’t even seem to be livin’… ’til she smashes into ya, and those black eyes roll over white and then… ah then you hear that terrible high-pitched screamin’. That's Yuka. Laughing. And despite all your poundin’ and your hollerin’ they come in and… they rip you to pieces.

Anyway, we delivered the PPV livestream.

https://i.imgur.com/iHdiT1R.mp4

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Diplomat
Dec 14, 2009

1. The Young Bucks, (Nick Jackson & Matt Jackson), AEW
2. Best Friends, (Chuck Taylor & Trent Beretta), AEW
3. Chaos Project, (Serpentico & The Japanese Deathmatch Legend and Original Death Dealer Dr. Luther), AEW
4. The Butcher and the Blade, (The Butcher & The Blade), AEW
5. The Wingmen, (Peter Avalon & Ryan Nemeth), AEW
6. The Acclaimed, (Max Caster & Anthony Bowens), AEW
7. Dark Order, (John Silver & Alex Reynolds), AEW
8. Lucha Brothers, (Penta El Zero Miedo & Rey Fenix), AEW
9. FTR, (Dax Harwood & Cash Wheeler), AEW
10. The Outrunners, (Turbo Floyd & Truth Magnum), Independent

HM: Kings of the Black Throne (Malakai Black & Brody King), AEW

Diplomat fucked around with this message at 19:35 on Feb 20, 2023

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

10) The Lucha Bros (Penta El Zero Miedo & Rey Fenix)
9) The Acclaimed (Max Caster & Anthony Bowens)
8) Kings of the Black Throne (Malakai Black & Brody King)
7) The Young Bucks (Nick Jackson & Matt Jackson)
6) The Killer and The Pillar (Jamie Hayter & Dr Britt Baker, DMD)
5) FTR (Dax Harwood & Cash Wheeler)
4) The Briscoes (Jay & Mark Briscoe)
3) Mafia Bella (Giulia and Thekla)
2) Magical Sugar Rabbits (Mizuki and Yuka Sakazaki)
1) Swerve in Our Glory (Keith Lee & Swerve Strickland)

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Sorry, I have very much neglected this as I've been a little busy, but here's where we are right now

* After forty lists have been submitted, it has become very much a two horse race, with just five points separating the two teams at the top.
* Six teams have broken the 100-point barrier, with the battle for third place very competitive. 12 points is the difference between third and sixth.
* As with last year, AEW dominate the top 10, with seven of the entries being from AEW (but not the top spot!). ROH, TJPW and Gatoh Move make up the rest of the top ten.
* So far we have 108 tag teams, compared to 122 from last year.
* We still need another 22 lists to match last year's 66 ballots!

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

1. Briscoes
2. FTR
3. Young Bucks
4. Aussie Open

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

1. The Young Bucks, (Nick Jackson & Matt Jackson), AEW
2. The Briscoes (Jay Briscoe & Mark Briscoe) , ROH
3. FTR, (Dax Harwood & Cash Wheeler), AEW
4. Tabarnak De Team (Mathieu St Jacques & Thomas Dubois), Independent
5. Lucha Brothers, (Penta El Zero Miedo & Rey Fenix), AEW
6. The Acclaimed, (Max Caster & Anthony Bowens), AEW
7. Aussie Open (Mark Davis & Kyle Fletcher), NJPW
8. Kings of the Black Throne (Malakai Black & Brody King), AEW
9. Best Friends (Chuck Taylor & Trent Beretta), AEW
10. 2.0 (Angelo Parker & Matt Menard), AEW

Fad
Nov 13, 2002

I dont care.
10) Best Friends
09) Top Flight
08) Kings Of The Black Throne
07) Catch 2/2
06) United Empire (Cobb & Khan)
05) Aussie Open
04)Young Bucks
03) FTR
02) Lucha Bros
01) Dangerous Tekkers

Activia
Apr 13, 2022

Goal: some kind of neat moth
1 Acclaimed
2 Lucha bros
3 Best friends
4 FTR
5 Swerve in our glory
6 Kings of the black throne
7 young bucks
8 Jamie Hayter and Britt Baker
9 Top flight
10 Chaos project

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

1. The Magical Sugar Rabbits (Yuka Sakazaki and Miyu Yamashita)
2. 121000000 (Maki Itoh and Miyu Yamashita)
3. Saki Akai and Yuki Arai
4. Free Wifi (Hikari Noa And Nao Kakuta)
5. Bullet Club (Chase Owens and Yujiro)

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

8. Best Friends - I know they don't win much but they always make every match they are in, entertaining.
7. Best Bros
6. Young Bucks
5. Top Flight
4. 121000000 (Maki Itoh and Miyu Yamashita)
3. Magical Sugar Rabbits
2. FTR
1. Briscoes

I couldn't think of other regular tag teams that I watched and enjoyed a lot.

The Taxman
Jan 2, 2007

greetings sweeties, let me give you a back massage. for i am a whiz!

1: Briscoes (I never saw a Briscoes match until the FTR trilogy. I hosed up.)
2: Lucha Brothers
3: Young Bucks
4: FTR
5: Bakuretsu Sisters (miss you Nodoka)
6: Top Flight
7: Swerve in our Glory
8: Daydream
9: Daisy Monkey
10: Aussie Open

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

heres my 10 favorites today
1 young bucks
2 lucha bros
3 ftr
4 briscoes
5 121000000
6 swerve in our glory
7 magical sugar rabbits
8 dangerous tekkers
9 best friends
10 Bussy

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

1. The briscoes. Only really have watched their ftr matches, but i did get to see one of those in person. Incredible.
2. Lucha bros
3. Ftr
4. Siog
5. Acclaimed
6. Top flight
7. Young bucks
8. Best friends
9. Beaver boys
10. Killer and the pillar

Probably missed someone real good that i like but oh well

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014
1. Young Bucks
2. FTR
3. Dangerous Tekkers
4. Lucha Bros
5. Best Friends
6. Acclaimed
7. Swerve In Our Glory
8. Top Flight
9. Gunn Club
10. Briscoes

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Who is killer and the pillar

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

Britt and Jamie

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

:rip: Best Friends, glad you got some votes in the end

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

SG Bamboo posted:

:rip: Best Friends, glad you got some votes in the end

Don't worry, Tsukasa & Arisa will be back together eventually.

A Real Horse
Oct 26, 2013

1. Lucha Bros
2. The Briscoes
3. FTR
4. Swerve in our Glory
5. The Acclaimed
6. Best Friends
7. Young Bucks
8. Chaos Project
9. Gunn Club
10. Hookhausen