Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

lmfao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

lol

ty sub-actuality for av & the kins for sig

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

Lol again

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

lol

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

They hated Futanari because His posts were shit.
Flying around an actual map with real world landmarks, buildings etc. for the first time was cool

Free Kyoon
Free SPR
Free cuppy tea

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

lmfao and also Crystal Project is goated.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Dokapon Findom posted:

Flying around an actual map with real world landmarks, buildings etc. for the first time was cool

I dunno if anyone else has this but I remember there was a time I was a kid and this country floating on an island of its own wouldn't bug me, and then sometime while I was still a kid all of a sudden and too this day I hate seeing poo poo like this. In summation, gently caress you piece of poo poo lurker for posting this absurd map. *takes out a 15 inch bowie knife and licks it while approaching you*

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Like for example Lords of the Realm II. There's a map that looks like New England my dad always played cuz we were from Maine and IIRC it's floating in the ocean instead of attached to all the bullshit states south of it. And I just had to stop watching him play because the water around New Hampshire pissed me off too much.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Wormskull posted:

I dunno if anyone else has this but I remember there was a time I was a kid and this country floating on an island of its own wouldn't bug me, and then sometime while I was still a kid all of a sudden and too this day I hate seeing poo poo like this. In summation, gently caress you piece of poo poo lurker for posting this absurd map. *takes out a 15 inch bowie knife and licks it while approaching you*

It's cute

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

lmfao

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
cool

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

This

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

So good.

PS this post is impervious to Flames because of the flame proofer. :)

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

yup

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

nice.

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

hollow knight lore guy moss bag put up a video about how well hollow knight's map fits together in reality. he doesn't even throw out too many bad jokes in this one. look it up if you're into that kind of stuff.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

cool

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

b_d posted:

hollow knight lore guy moss bag put up a video about how well hollow knight's map fits together in reality. he doesn't even throw out too many bad jokes in this one. look it up if you're into that kind of stuff.

shan't

Bouillon Rube
Aug 6, 2009

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Yes

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

b_d posted:

i watched it

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

b_d posted:

i know pretty much all '2d' games are running in 3d engines because it makes all kinds of things easier but its really cool to see a freecam on them break the illusion. good vid

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

my take away is that the video should have been called "hollow knight's map is buggy" :D

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

i think that's true and fair and. a good point

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

tangentially related, ive been impressed that all the fancy distortion and reflections in sea of stars stay within the pixel grid, that's not being faked with other effects or even blurred and mosaic'd it looks like. and obviously there's all the background objects and terrain they 3d modeled for lighting and shadows.

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

shovel knight breaks it immediately with the parallax scrolling, which is like,, you're gonna compose the soundtrack on a real nes soundchip, but just slide the parallax planes around at whatever resolution? weird....

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

b_d posted:

shovel knight breaks it immediately with the parallax scrolling, which is like,, you're gonna compose the soundtrack on a real nes soundchip, but just slide the parallax planes around at whatever resolution? weird....

yeah agreed this always bothered me lol

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:

i reinstalled and started a new run because someone on the workshop recently uploaded a mod where they went over the entire map with Inkarnate:

cardinale
Jul 11, 2016

Thief posted:

i reinstalled and started a new run because someone on the workshop recently uploaded a mod where they went over the entire map with Inkarnate:

That's pretty

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Thief posted:

That's sick