Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

git apologist posted:

a company that produces something ethically, has a good relationship with its workers union, and sells quality products at a fair price
those exist but they seem resistant to the idea of taking venture funding for some reason

never forget: the point of vc funded startups is to get lucky and return 10x+ to the first couple rounds of investors, there's no other goal, doing business and being a company in the meantime is incidental [other than the vcs occasionally forcing them to use vendors and consultants they're friends with]

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

Beeftweeter posted:

subscription blimps

sned zeppelin

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome
airbnbships

InternetOfTwinks
Apr 2, 2011

Coming out of my cage and I've been doing just bad
The actual thing I want to do: computerized shower control with things like precise temperature and pressure control, user memory for saving presets, programs that can vary settings over time alongside light and sound elements, probably other poo poo I haven't thought of yet. Would be really dope if you could toggle a recirculation mode, so after you've actually washed you can chill in a hot shower for a while without having to use a ton of extra water. Once I own I'm definitely converting at least one shower into a test environment and actually building the drat thing out.

Devonaut
Jul 10, 2001

Devoted Astronaut

software as a software

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
truck nuts, for dogs

Buck Turgidson
Feb 6, 2011

𓀬𓀠𓀟𓀡𓀢𓀣𓀤𓀥𓀞𓀬
App for paying indulgences to the Catholic Church. Also a dog version of the same app.

Perplx
Jun 26, 2004

Best viewed on Orgasma Plasma
Lipstick Apathy
catholic indulgences on the blockchain

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Perplx posted:

rabble rabble
Mar 24, 2015

Nap Ghost

goblin week posted:

truck nuts, for dogs

go on

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
lol

InternetOfTwinks
Apr 2, 2011

Coming out of my cage and I've been doing just bad

Perplx posted:

I swear this was a thing already

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

it already exists for dudes who are insecure on behalf of their dogs lol

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

lmao https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neuticles

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

OldAlias posted:

it already exists for dudes who are insecure on behalf of their dogs lol

quote:

On the reality television show Keeping Up with the Kardashians, Kim Kardashian's dog, Rocky, was given Neuticles.

:discourse:

Poopernickel
Oct 28, 2005

electricity bad
Fun Shoe
it would be dope to get a set of those installed in addition to my actual ones

just four balls, swangin around

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy