Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

SgtScruffy posted:

One time I went to a bar that had Touchtunes and then when I was about to leave I threw a dollar in and selected
Dream Theater - Octavarium
Rush - 2112
Jethro Tull - Thick as a Brick Pt 1

And then left. I was genuinely surprised that those jukeboxes don’t have a “no songs more than six minutes” setting that’s enabled by default.

Yeah my buddy will play Thick as a Brick on any jukebox that will let him. My usual go to is either cotton eye joe or the worst song available on loop until somebody gets mad and turns the thing off. If I actually like the place a random assortment of super gay but very dissonant song choices.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Grunty Secret
Aug 28, 2007

Just one question, though. Is there a way to take off my pants?
Anything off of Aja

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Robert earl keen: Corpus Christi Bay
CCR: Midnite Special

DrOnline
Oct 21, 2007
The Darkness's "I believe in a thing called love" or the Electric Six classic "Gay Bar" for me, easy.

Disco Pope
Dec 6, 2004

Top Class!

DrOnline posted:

The Darkness's "I believe in a thing called love" or the Electric Six classic "Gay Bar" for me, easy.

Throw a Tenacious D song in there and you're the guy who makes me put on entire Tangerine Dream albums.

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

DrOnline posted:

Oooooh this reminds me I used to play The Scissor Sisters Take Your Mama Out

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Disco Pope posted:

Throw a Tenacious D song in there and you're the guy who makes me put on entire Tangerine Dream albums.

lmao

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

Tennessee whiskey gets played way too much

SAY YOHO
Oct 5, 2021
Heard it Through the Grapevine - CCR

Sails of Charon - Scorpions

BigHead
Jul 25, 2003
Huh?

Nap Ghost
Back when I was young and hitting the gay bars while single, Son of a Preacher Man. That is a great song, but everyone freaking loved it in that context.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
"You Never Even Called Me By My Name", by David Allan Coe, OP.

Racing Stripe
Oct 22, 2003

Circa 2007, when the towny bar in my college town had $2 Guinness black and tans on tuesdays, my friends would always put on Achilles Last Stand because it’s awesome and it’s like seven minutes long. It’s like getting two songs for one quarter.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
one of the few places I actually used a jukebox regularly was a Waffle House in VA, and classic country like "You Never Even Called Me By My Name", or Tammy Wynette's "D-I-V-O-R-C-E" usually went over well.

they also work well in certain types of gay bars, weirdly enough

mortarr
Apr 28, 2005

frozen meat at high speed
Th' Dudes - Bliss, if you were a member of the hundred club, you had to finish your drink by the end of the song or you'd be banned from the bar for life.

Sweet thread, op, just reminded me of the good times my mate Ryan and I spent at the fitz in palmy, drinking $5 jugs on a sunday arvo playing pool - he'd always beat me cos I was poo poo. The floor was always sticky and the toilet doors would only close sometimes, if the weather was nice, we'd sit outside and look at the Pak n Save carpark.

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

:catdrugs:
this got a shitload of jukebox play at my teen hangout just for the annoyance value:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uZjjeUCosAk

but for reals, if i see any buck owens on the box i am dropping quarters and punching buttons

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

mortarr posted:

Th' Dudes - Bliss, if you were a member of the hundred club, you had to finish your drink by the end of the song or you'd be banned from the bar for life.

Sweet thread, op, just reminded me of the good times my mate Ryan and I spent at the fitz in palmy, drinking $5 jugs on a sunday arvo playing pool - he'd always beat me cos I was poo poo. The floor was always sticky and the toilet doors would only close sometimes, if the weather was nice, we'd sit outside and look at the Pak n Save carpark.

Hundred club, a hundred shots of beer?
We call it the Century Club here.

So did you have to finish all of them by the time the song was over?

mortarr
Apr 28, 2005

frozen meat at high speed

wesleywillis posted:

Hundred club, a hundred shots of beer?
We call it the Century Club here.

So did you have to finish all of them by the time the song was over?

It was over 20 years ago, and I can't remember! But if you were in, then anytime the song played you had to finish the contents of your vessel or you were kicked out of the club, kind of annoying if you'd just bought a jug of beer and were hoping for a lazy afternoon.

President in Residence
May 12, 2003

Racing Stripe posted:

Circa 2007, when the towny bar in my college town had $2 Guinness black and tans on tuesdays, my friends would always put on Achilles Last Stand because it’s awesome and it’s like seven minutes long. It’s like getting two songs for one quarter.

"When the Levee Breaks" too.

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

towards closing time, i also highly recommend any sort of late 50s/early 60s rnb, especially something like Ernie K-Doe:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VFg6DTg4Wjs

littleprincecurry
Jan 30, 2023

hornet juice and rosebuds in a container of gazelle meat
Emerson Lake & Palmer – Karn Evil 9 (29 min version) is good bang for your buck.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

Feels Villeneuve posted:

"You Never Even Called Me By My Name", by David Allan Coe, OP.
This is a good choice.

If I can find it, Mandy by Barry Manilow. Because everyone goes "WTF is this poo poo" and then sings the chorus at top volume.

Stryder
Oct 3, 2002
The Baddest of George Thorogood and the Destroyers is a mainstay of every pool hall CD jukebox I've ever seen, and it's an absolute must to play One Bourbon, One Scotch, One Beer.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=obJpegVB5zk

Also, the b-side of Genesis' In Too Deep is a 7 minute, non-album instrumental track called Do The Neurotic and I would play it every chance I got, when I was a kid in the 80s.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jh-4_5yAWe0

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

testtubebaby posted:

Sitting in a bar and loving Dave Matthews Band is playing… clearly I gotta do something about this

Considering throwing on my current go to track and I figured I might as well learn a little bit about goon’s favorite songs to subject their fellow bar* patrons / alcoholics to

BTW, going to spend actual money to hear Big Wet - Turn Up on the Weekend (getting things started early, sue me)

*type of bar and overall vibe is obviously a factor in this important decision

There was a 70 year old dude who would come into my neighborhood bar and put 45 minutes plus of live Dave Matthews songs on the jukebox. I’d spend extra credits to jump ahead with “Sweat Loaf” by Butthole Surfers

Every loving time he’d get confused and whine to the bartender

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

"What's New Pussycat?" by Tom Jones

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there
Tarzan Boy by Baltimora, alternating with Tarzan Boy (instrumental) for 5 sets as we left

dinahmoe
Sep 13, 2007

When I was in college, a bunch friends and I would go to this pool hall, and we would always play “Bloody Well Right” by Supertramp at least five times while we were there. After a couple of visits, we came in and were greeted with “oh God, it’s the Supertramp girls“. Thinking back, I kind of wish we made T-shirts.

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

Mmmbop by Hanson loops perfectly. The jukebox gets unplugged by the 5th play.

My brother in law is partial to this, the full version not the radio edit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dwkwjOd7MCU

AFewBricksShy has a new favorite as of 11:15 on Apr 5, 2023

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

If you can find this one it's always good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LEZtII8rt_Y

texasdeathtrip
Oct 27, 2003
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eN6jkWxxm2Y

Bonus points for every enraged staff member

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

Would doubt that many places would have The Nice, but I've driven a couple of people crazy by playing it in my car:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fvNWFNsuOcU

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

Really been fun seeing all y’all’s strangely anti-social (and less anti-social) answers to my question… so thanks for that.

Tonight I’m at a bar that doesn’t have a jukebox, but instead pays a dj to maintain the vibe. On a holistic level, do you prefer this to the chaos of a juke or no?

He just payed Madonna - Justify My Love, a song I’d never have chosen myself (and hadn’t heard for years) but honestly was kinda a banger at the moment.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
Three 6 Mafia.

Tear Da Club up (97)
Lets Start a Riot
Mosh Pit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

caleb
Jul 17, 2004
...rough day at the orifice.
The Damned - New Rose or Tina Turner - We Don't Need Another Hero from Beyond Thunderdome.