Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pug Rodeo
Feb 20, 2007

BRING IT ON BRING IT ON YEAH

Speleothing posted:

Yes, we know that he was meant to be cool. But did kids who were 10 in 1991 think he was actually cool?

Yes. I don’t know about 10 year olds, but 8 year old Pug Rodeo thought he was a cool dude.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LOLbertsons
Apr 8, 2009

Narzack posted:

I rewatched this movie for the first time just a few months ago, and I was surprised at how high pitched his voice was. Like a little kid .

This dude was the photographer at a friend's wedding in France like 5 years ago. I gave him a ride to the train station and he was chill as gently caress. A very nice guy.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Brrrmph posted:

I was a wee child when Terminator 2 came out. I caught some of it on TV recently and it left me wondering if John Connor would have been “cool” to the audience of that era. He’s got that late 80s to early 90s Guns N’ Roses to grunge look going. He says “cool” things and teaches T100 his new catchphrase. He’s a rebel. He has weird hair.

Clearly he was supposed to be cool, but was he actually? Or was he what James Cameron thought teens with find cool and ended up a caricature of actual coolness?

I was 11 years old when T2 came out and he was the coolest person I could have imagined

url
Apr 23, 2007

internet gnuru

Panic! At The Tesco posted:

he hacked an ATM OP he was cool as gently caress

this^

url
Apr 23, 2007

internet gnuru

Panic! At The Tesco posted:

speak for yourself i was cool as hell when i was a kid. i grew up and became a loser.

</bane voice>

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Cubone posted:

man last time I watched T2 a minor scene stuck out to me where Sarah was having some kind of episode and John immediately went into parenting mode and started like coaching her through it. it was hosed up in a really understated and real way. made me think of "Me & Wolfie, 1979", which is a reference that everybody is sure to understand good job Cubone

That indeed is one quite obscure story, about as hard to find, I just discovered, as some almost completely forgotten 1970's-80's spin-off TV series clips some other goons have posted elsewhere in GBS.If you happen to know where I can get a digital copy of "Me & Wolfie, 1979" please do priv. msg me, as it appears to be next to impossible to find one via Google, and I'd like to read it. No spoilers pls.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Every time I watch T2, I always try and mentally picture the robot skeleton of the T800 doing all of the scenes with John instead of the Arnie model that was put over top of it.

That's the one thing I'd hope AI could do; replace all Arnie scenes with the general Terminator exoskeleton we see in the future.

When you see those skeletons, they're always bad, where it seems to be a toss up as to whether or not a skeleton with living tissue over it will be good or not.