Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brrrmph
Feb 27, 2016

Слава Україні!
I was a wee child when Terminator 2 came out. I caught some of it on TV recently and it left me wondering if John Connor would have been “cool” to the audience of that era. He’s got that late 80s to early 90s Guns N’ Roses to grunge look going. He says “cool” things and teaches T100 his new catchphrase. He’s a rebel. He has weird hair.

Clearly he was supposed to be cool, but was he actually? Or was he what James Cameron thought teens with find cool and ended up a caricature of actual coolness?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

olives black
Nov 24, 2017

LENIN.
STILL.
WON'T.
FUCK.
ME.
he was tolerable at best, as all little kids in movies are. i don't remember child john connor being in any video games or comic books but i don't remember anakin skywalker levels of hatred for him either

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
Domestic Violence is never cool

https://www.cnn.com/2013/05/17/showbiz/california-furlong-arrested/index.html

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

I don’t think he was supposed to be cool or a rebel. More of a victim of abuse at the hands of his mother and various other adults.

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

I was the guy who jumped out of the helicopter when the t1000 got in and said "get out" and I don't think he was meant to be cool. He was a kid with a hosed up life who had the burden of being humanity's savior on his shoulders. Just my opinion as someone who was there.

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

he hacked an ATM OP he was cool as gently caress

Dragonstoned
Jan 15, 2006

MR. DOG WITH BEES IN HIS MOUTH AND WHEN HE BARKS HE SHOOTS BEES AT YOU
by Roger Hargreaves

Panic! At The Tesco posted:

"PISS CAKE!"

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Panic! At The Tesco posted:

yah with the kid from Salute Your Shorts

his hacking rig was cool af too

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

he was cool but sarah connor was way cooler and it's pretty grim when a kid is less cool than their parent

Bloopsy
Jun 1, 2006

you have been visited by the Tasty Garlic Bread. you will be blessed by having good Garlic Bread in your life time, but only if you comment "ty garlic bread" in the thread below

Bad Purchase posted:

he was cool but sarah connor was way cooler and it's pretty grim when a kid is less cool than their parent

She’s a complete psycho. That's why she was up at Pescadero. It's a mental institute, OK? She tried to blow up a computer factory, but she got shot and arrested…she’s a total loser.

Sex Farm
Nov 17, 2017

I like it when he hosed up robot frieza and robot friezas dad

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread
Who was cool was Reese

Smokin

Lt. Cock
May 28, 2005

INCOMING!
His friend Budnick was in the movie. Budnick was cool.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Bif beat him up in high school

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

I saw Terminator 2 when I was 6 and I thought John Connor was cool

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     
Bart Simpson was considered cool then so the bar was kinda low.

He was way cooler than this kid at least:

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
He straight up told Todd to eat grass. Total hottie.

Dragonstoned
Jan 15, 2006

by Roger Hargreaves

Schweinhund posted:

Bart Simpson was considered cool then so the bar was kinda low.

He was way cooler than this kid at least:

still being grossed out by his scabby fingers as he shovels popcorn into his mouth :cry:

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
yeah

arnie's character was a T-800 though so I have to vote 1 on your thread. sorry

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

Bif beat him up in high school

No loving way. John Connor was 100% one of those kids who wasn't popular but came off as just a bit too genuinely messed up for the bullies to mess with. The sort of kid who might have a knife, or a gun, or would just bite you or something. After everything his mom taught him, he probably would, too.

That's why Biff just messed with Marty, who was a weenie no matter how much time travel he did.

thin blue whine
Feb 21, 2004
PLEASE SEE POLICY

Soiled Meat
he's not me so he can't be that cool

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

Sophy Wackles posted:

I don’t think he was supposed to be cool or a rebel. More of a victim of abuse at the hands of his mother and various other adults.
man last time I watched T2 a minor scene stuck out to me where Sarah was having some kind of episode and John immediately went into parenting mode and started like coaching her through it. it was hosed up in a really understated and real way. made me think of "Me & Wolfie, 1979", which is a reference that everybody is sure to understand good job Cubone

Dragonstoned
Jan 15, 2006

by Roger Hargreaves

Cubone posted:

man last time I watched T2 a minor scene stuck out to me where Sarah was having some kind of episode and John immediately went into parenting mode and started like coaching her through it. it was hosed up in a really understated and real way. made me think of "Me & Wolfie, 1979", which is a reference that everybody is sure to understand good job Cubone

Its was when she went to kill Dyson but couldn't do it because she's human and not a robot

so she has a mental breakdown instead

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Dragonstoned posted:

Its was when she went to kill Dyson but couldn't do it because she's human and not a robot

so she has a mental breakdown instead

yeah it's the scene where she's gonna murder a dude in front of his wife and child and can't do it, then has a mental breakdown and then makes him go kill himself and his work instead

Dumb Sex-Parrot
Dec 25, 2020

Absurd Pox Term
Rad Buxom Strep

Retard Ox Bumps
Borax Dumpster

Dares Box Trump
did the T-1000 kill wolfie?

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Dumb Sex-Parrot posted:

did the T-1000 kill wolfie?

Yes

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

God I had such a huge crush on John Connor in T2 growing up lol, one of my first gay asf feelings.

Dumb Sex-Parrot
Dec 25, 2020

Absurd Pox Term
Rad Buxom Strep

Retard Ox Bumps
Borax Dumpster

Dares Box Trump

that's not the dog's real name, you fell in my trap robot!

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

someone post the future scene in the playground with the insane 90s futurewear and the terrible makeup, i can't do it myself i cannot self-terminate

AKA Pseudonym
May 16, 2004

A dashing and sophisticated young man
Doctor Rope
I just realized that he should be 8 years-old by the time of T2. He's pretty cool for an 8 year-old.

Dragonstoned
Jan 15, 2006

by Roger Hargreaves

MrQwerty posted:

yeah it's the scene where she's gonna murder a dude in front of his wife and child and can't do it, then has a mental breakdown and then makes him go kill himself and his work instead

he only died because the cops showed up and immediately shot the only black guy in the room

at least he got that one last trip to raging waters with is family before the end :smith:

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH

Bloopsy posted:

She’s a complete psycho. That's why she was up at Pescadero. It's a mental institute, OK? She tried to blow up a computer factory, but she got shot and arrested…she’s a total loser.

weird use of the words but and loser

Wee
Dec 16, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
https://i.imgur.com/z7Uuivu.mp4

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

*Me holding my hand out to while ur blackout drunk and can't find ur way to the bathroom in a New Jersey dive* "Come with me if u want to piss"

TK8325
Sep 22, 2014

i was told i look like edward furlong once. that was pretty uncool.

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
I haven't seen all the terminators does he eventually beat skynet because if he doesn't I'd say no

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

William Henry Hairytaint posted:

I was the guy who jumped out of the helicopter when the t1000 got in and said "get out" and I don't think he was meant to be cool. He was a kid with a hosed up life who had the burden of being humanity's savior on his shoulders. Just my opinion as someone who was there.

I remember when this movie was coming out and it was previewed in one of those Disney Reader's Digest magazines for kids (you know, the small ones with something like 50 pages). The still shot they used from the movie was this scene, with the T1000 still rising up in the chair, and the helicopter pilot's goofy look on his face shown in the reflection, which made it look like T1000 had some weird, goofy, stretched out face.

As a kid, I didn't know anything about Terminator, so imagine my surprise when this movie, that I saw when I was 9, turned out to be Not loving Around At All.

Edit: this shot, except it was cropped and printed out on recycled magazine paper in 1991, so it didn't look nearly as clear as this 4k shot.

Rupert Buttermilk fucked around with this message at 12:43 on Mar 21, 2023

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Lmao

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Some Christians caught and reprogrammed the Terminator, now it will go door to door spreading the word of God until it wears out in 200 years. No one can stop it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.

the 2 stroke sounds for the XR always kills me