Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

shiksa posted:

basically the only reason for springboard no look moves like that is to get totally owned by your opponent in mid air and crumple to the ground doing the yamcha death pose

Cody cutter, the lethal injection, oscutter, they should all be countered 100% of the time and never ever hit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-5_8bptl2k&t=277s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

shiksa posted:

basically the only reason for springboard no look moves like that is to get totally owned by your opponent in mid air and crumple to the ground doing the yamcha death pose

Cody cutter, the lethal injection, oscutter, they should all be countered 100% of the time and never ever hit

On the one hand, it's a cool move

On the other, Danielson hitting the Busaiku Knee as a counter was a top-tier sickos moment

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Watching will ospeary do a moonsault onto a guy outside of the ring and wondering why doesn't that guy just move out of the way and let Will faceplant.

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

Mr Hootington posted:

Watching will ospeary do a moonsault onto a guy outside of the ring and wondering why doesn't that guy just move out of the way and let Will faceplant.

There are wrestlers who will do that

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Ringo Roadagain posted:

There are wrestlers who will do that

I thought they were called high-risk moves because of how often the opponents stayed totally still and let themselves get hit by them.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

me seeing another hoot post

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

MJeff posted:

I thought they were called high-risk moves because of how often the opponents stayed totally still and let themselves get hit by them.

They are called high-risk moves because that sounds cool and wrestling needs the pageantry.

haunted bong
Jun 24, 2007

shiksa posted:

me seeing another hoot post

absolutely beautiful moment in wrestling history

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
Cody has the funniest move set because it’s him ripping off a bunch of classic Indy moves but doing them ten times worst than they’ve ever been done before.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

The_Rob posted:

Cody has the funniest move set because it’s him ripping off a bunch of classic Indy moves but doing them ten times worst than they’ve ever been done before.

Does he still do his slow motion headscissors takeover

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

The_Rob posted:

While I thought the Cody/Kenny/Kota 3 way for the IWGP title was good that was pretty much classic Cody trying to do Indy stuff and it not really working

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

SatoshiMiwa posted:

While I thought the Cody/Kenny/Kota 3 way for the IWGP title was good that was pretty much classic Cody trying to do Indy stuff and it not really working

That match was worth it for the spot where Ibushi was running wild, Cody got in the ring, was like "this isn't gonna loving work, is it", chopped Ibushi anyway, and then Ibushi promptly caved his chest in.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

The D in Detroit posted:

I'm okay with it. There should he more times where guys just eat poo poo because they cant actually see what's behind them

Has Joe ever done his "walk away from the flying idiot" move during one of those finishers? Be the perfect spot for it

bartok
May 10, 2006

The_Rob posted:

I liked when Cena started doing that. Dude had the world's slowest Code Red and Hurricanrana. I think he even busted out a springboard cutter once or twice.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

What is the best free recap show. Youtube or podcast is fine. Is it that Dutch Mantell show? I don't want to pay for WOR.

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

bartok posted:

I liked when Cena started doing that. Dude had the world's slowest Code Red and Hurricanrana. I think he even busted out a springboard cutter once or twice.

I think he started doing a springboard stunner

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Mr Hootington posted:

What is the best free recap show. Youtube or podcast is fine. Is it that Dutch Mantell show? I don't want to pay for WOR.

100% Yes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The337th
Mar 30, 2011