Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

shiksa posted:

basically the only reason for springboard no look moves like that is to get totally owned by your opponent in mid air and crumple to the ground doing the yamcha death pose

Cody cutter, the lethal injection, oscutter, they should all be countered 100% of the time and never ever hit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-5_8bptl2k&t=277s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

shiksa posted:

basically the only reason for springboard no look moves like that is to get totally owned by your opponent in mid air and crumple to the ground doing the yamcha death pose

Cody cutter, the lethal injection, oscutter, they should all be countered 100% of the time and never ever hit

On the one hand, it's a cool move

On the other, Danielson hitting the Busaiku Knee as a counter was a top-tier sickos moment

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 43 hours!
Watching will ospeary do a moonsault onto a guy outside of the ring and wondering why doesn't that guy just move out of the way and let Will faceplant.

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

Mr Hootington posted:

Watching will ospeary do a moonsault onto a guy outside of the ring and wondering why doesn't that guy just move out of the way and let Will faceplant.

There are wrestlers who will do that

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Ringo Roadagain posted:

There are wrestlers who will do that

I thought they were called high-risk moves because of how often the opponents stayed totally still and let themselves get hit by them.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

me seeing another hoot post

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 43 hours!

MJeff posted:

I thought they were called high-risk moves because of how often the opponents stayed totally still and let themselves get hit by them.

They are called high-risk moves because that sounds cool and wrestling needs the pageantry.

haunted bong
Jun 24, 2007

shiksa posted:

me seeing another hoot post

absolutely beautiful moment in wrestling history

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
Cody has the funniest move set because it’s him ripping off a bunch of classic Indy moves but doing them ten times worst than they’ve ever been done before.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

The_Rob posted:

Cody has the funniest move set because it’s him ripping off a bunch of classic Indy moves but doing them ten times worst than they’ve ever been done before.

Does he still do his slow motion headscissors takeover

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

The_Rob posted:

While I thought the Cody/Kenny/Kota 3 way for the IWGP title was good that was pretty much classic Cody trying to do Indy stuff and it not really working

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

SatoshiMiwa posted:

While I thought the Cody/Kenny/Kota 3 way for the IWGP title was good that was pretty much classic Cody trying to do Indy stuff and it not really working

That match was worth it for the spot where Ibushi was running wild, Cody got in the ring, was like "this isn't gonna loving work, is it", chopped Ibushi anyway, and then Ibushi promptly caved his chest in.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

The D in Detroit posted:

I'm okay with it. There should he more times where guys just eat poo poo because they cant actually see what's behind them

Has Joe ever done his "walk away from the flying idiot" move during one of those finishers? Be the perfect spot for it

bartok
May 10, 2006

The_Rob posted:

I liked when Cena started doing that. Dude had the world's slowest Code Red and Hurricanrana. I think he even busted out a springboard cutter once or twice.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 43 hours!
What is the best free recap show. Youtube or podcast is fine. Is it that Dutch Mantell show? I don't want to pay for WOR.

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

bartok posted:

I liked when Cena started doing that. Dude had the world's slowest Code Red and Hurricanrana. I think he even busted out a springboard cutter once or twice.

I think he started doing a springboard stunner

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Mr Hootington posted:

What is the best free recap show. Youtube or podcast is fine. Is it that Dutch Mantell show? I don't want to pay for WOR.

100% Yes.

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

haunted bong
Jun 24, 2007

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

SatoshiMiwa posted:

I love Cody but him injecting himself into the Bullet Club stuff was such a funny moment, he really thought he was on the level of Omega and Ibushi, who were probably in the peak of their careers. For similar reasons that’s why I thought the idea of Punk v Omega even in 2023 was hilarious.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

bartok posted:

When Cena does that stuff you're still in awe of it cause of how jacked he is/was. At least with the Hurricarana it was a last ditch thing too.

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014

Mr Hootington posted:

Real answer for me is Post Wrestling on youtube

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

shiksa posted:

Not quite the same but one of the best things about Kane or Rey was watching one kicking the other out of the air.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Mr Hootington posted:

Thank God wrestling isn't real though so we get to see cool and stupid poo poo happen.

its called psychology bitch and the lack of it is why wrestling sucks now!!!

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Suplex Liberace posted:

its called psychology bitch and the lack of it is why wrestling sucks now!!!

Hit big move look at hard cam? Dive? Raw rolls on after this. Kick out look surprised my move that never wins doesn't win.

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

Cry 'Mayhem!' and let slip the dogs of Wardlow.
Why does Jade Cargill have a line going down the middle of her face and body now?

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

apophenium posted:

Why does Jade Cargill have a line going down the middle of her face and body now?

They're just putting the half of her that's good at wrestling out there and green screening the rest

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Grem posted:

They're just putting the half of her that's good at wrestling out there and green screening the rest

lol

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

mooseinfants posted:

Real answer for me is Post Wrestling on youtube

Yeah if you actually want journalism, John pollock on post wrestling is a good journo and does a good review. His cohost is mildly annoying but is a good barometer for me of what Joe average would think about something.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.
springboard cutters are incredibly stupid and should exist only for samoa joe to walk away from them.

e:I like grayson waller but he managed to come up with the only finisher stupider than a springboard cutter

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

is cody for real feuding with solo and tama fuckin tonga now lmao

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Cody's war on the Samoan people must continue.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 43 hours!

shiksa posted:

is cody for real feuding with solo and tama fuckin tonga now lmao

No.

KO and Orton are feuding with them.

Cody hasn't had a fued established yet.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

The_Rob posted:

codys moveset history:

evolution: poo poo randy orton
post-evolution: poo poo dolph ziggler
stardust: poo poo goldust
and then at age 35 he finally saw a flip

Endorph fucked around with this message at 06:26 on Apr 29, 2024

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

Endorph posted:

codys moveset history:

He saw a flip then started doing all thos moves poo poo as well

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Endorph posted:

codys moveset history:

this is bob holly erasure

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Endorph posted:

codys moveset history:

They were called Legacy, don't besmirch Batista like that!