Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!

Cabbages and Kings posted:

so did my dad, but actually only 2/6 decks worked, pristine condition or not, so that's the first thing to check.

if you have random tape decks from the 90s in good shape that work, yes they are probably nicer than anything you can easily get new in 2023 and also might have some resale value on reverb etc, especially if they play type III/IV tapes ("METAL" toggle switch, often)

My $20 Realistic dual tape deck I bought in 1988 is still going strong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

On The Internet
Jun 27, 2023

New tapes day

other people
Jun 27, 2004
Associate Christ
i bought a tape on bandcamp to support the artist and the next month they released the same thing on vinyl. i wish i could do an exchange because vinyl i can use but I'm never going to actually listen to a loving tape LOL

super nailgun
Jan 1, 2014

Just got a :siren: new cassette :siren:

Now I guess I need to fix this thing so I can listen to it.