Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mudskipp
Jan 1, 2018

stop making sense
Watching snooker live is quite strange. It really is a crowd of people sitting almost silently just concentrating on the game. I can't think of anything with more focus/attention required from an audience

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beartaco
Apr 10, 2007

by sebmojo
That guy seems like a real piece of poo poo.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Beartaco posted:

That guy seems like a real piece of poo poo.

He's better than the girl that couldn't even get on the other table before security grabbed her.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

Dicere posted:

It's about global warming.

i understand doing these kinds of disruptive, attention-getting protests in a big public way but attacking a snooker championship seems like an oddly niche target for environmentalists. i frequently forget that the game even exists. unless snooker is somehow a major contributor to the oil industry or environmental waste in some unexpected way or something?

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Mescal posted:

smaller balls, thinner sticks, smaller holes

not very appealing imho

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
i did it all for the snooker c'mon the snooker hey c'mon the snooker

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Earwicker posted:

i understand doing these kinds of disruptive, attention-getting protests in a big public way but attacking a snooker championship seems like an oddly niche target for environmentalists. i frequently forget that the game even exists. unless snooker is somehow a major contributor to the oil industry or environmental waste in some unexpected way or something?

They used to make the balls out of ivoryba century ago?

Scam Likely
Feb 19, 2021

For a second I thought his shirt said "LETS GO OIL" and was really confused as to why everyone seemed so upset.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer

Earwicker posted:

It's on tv and a relatively low security environment. Makes for a pretty good target.

bitterandtwisted
Sep 4, 2006

crazy how much prime TV coverage snooker and darts got back when there were only 4 channels. No wonder I used to read more.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

I just can't imagine the connection between that protest and actual change. Like, how do they think that throwing powder on a snooker table can lead to a series of events that will actually make any difference at all? It just seems completely ineffective and quite self indulgent.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Caesar Saladin posted:

I just can't imagine the connection between that protest and actual change. Like, how do they think that throwing powder on a snooker table can lead to a series of events that will actually make any difference at all? It just seems completely ineffective and quite self indulgent.

Most forms of protests are completely ineffective. Trump didn't get to steal the election and we still haven't done much to reform the police for 2 examples...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Konar posted:

Every stupidly formal british thing should be disrupted like this.

Their time is over, the fake posh poo poo needs to end.

They're foggy island trash and it's time to start acting like it

Now now, would you kiss HRH with that mouth?